Thread: LFR loot idea

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Mammoth View Post
    Hang on! This works!?
    Yes... I did it just a bit ago... 2 bosses in 1 spec, 1 boss in another, today got spec-respective drops thanks to RNG. But I must tell you - it's quite a cheating, and it is such a misery, especially if someone will notice and start crying out loud about it.

Quote Originally Posted by kindomroll View Post
    Well what do you expect, from the DS loot system people kept moaning and crying about their shit getting ninja'd, this is what we have resulted to.
    Its a stupid loot system, why couldn't they keep it as it was for DS, week after week im there getting a stupid bag with 28g, the boss fights are dull and 28g is not even rewarding!
    Just because you're having bad luck with drops doesn't mean it's a stupid system. With the old system, something would drop and a million people would roll, even if they already had it so they could trade with others. It was a terrible loot system and you haven't given any valid points as to why YOU think it's stupid. Having bad luck with the current one is not a valid reason. RNG is RNG and we all know that. There's no drama, you compete against yourself. The only thing I would change with the new system is the gold. Give up a satchel so we get other goodies with that gold if we get no gear.

Quote Originally Posted by dryankem View Post
    But in DS you wouldn't win the loot and would get nothing.
    Not true. You'd get valor iirc per boss actually but in even if it was only at the end you'd have valor which you spend easily and accessible and get gear without dailies and at a good pace. That's the hole in the system really. RNG is bad but when you couple bad RNG with real lack of easily accessible alternatives then it just makes it feels worse.

Quote Originally Posted by tibben View Post
    Queue times will vary depending on when and where you are when you queue. I queue as a tank and avg queue time so far has been 57 minutes...which is nice because I can queue when I log on, do dailies and then afk for 20 minutes until I get in. I'm not sure what queue times are like for healers or dps in my realm, but for tanks it is nearly an hour per queue.
    My tank queue is about 25 mintues, but it becomes a problem when you're constantly presented with last boss only options.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    you're likely wrong, and we don't care anyway.
    Source

Quote Originally Posted by Mammoth View Post
    My tank queue is about 25 mintues, but it becomes a problem when you're constantly presented with last boss only options.
    Queue as dps as most people do, and stay in tank spec. It's awful, but it's only way to show developers that current system is greatly flawed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyIommi View Post
    Not true. You'd get valor iirc per boss actually but in even if it was only at the end you'd have valor which you spend easily and accessible and get gear without dailies and at a good pace. That's the hole in the system really. RNG is bad but when you couple bad RNG with real lack of easily accessible alternatives then it just makes it feels worse.
    If I'm not mistaken you only got your VP at the end of the run, which is still the same. I used to queue up with my healer and only jump in on the final fight to get my easy points. There still is valour gear but is gated behind dailies but a few here and there will be enough to spend your VP on and if you hate dailies that much just wait for 5.1 and use your VP on gear upgrades.

What they should do is when you kill a boss a list of its loot table comes up and you can just tick a check box next to the items you want and it just gives them to you. That way you don't have to worry about getting the same item you already have or getting nothing. I mean come on its so obvious blizzard doesn't care about its customers. I pay my $15 a month so I should be getting the loot I want. No wonder they are always losing subs. Ghostcrawler should be fired. Pandas. Pokemon.

Did I miss anything?

If I'm not mistaken you only got your VP at the end of the run, which is still the same. I used to queue up with my healer and only jump in on the final fight to get my easy points. There still is valour gear but is gated behind dailies but a few here and there will be enough to spend your VP on and if you hate dailies that much just wait for 5.1 and use your VP on gear upgrades.
    That's precisely the problem. It's gated behind dailies and the cap itself is also really small and the vp gains are also really small. So what ends up happening is that the rng situation becomes exacerbated even further because your not getting rewards out of it. Anyone who thinks this upgrade system will solve that is fooling themselves. The upgrade system isn't meant to fufil that purpose, it isn't designed for it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyIommi View Post
    That's precisely the problem. It's gated behind dailies and the cap itself is also really small and the vp gains are also really small. So what ends up happening is that the rng situation becomes exacerbated even further because your not getting rewards out of it. Anyone who thinks this upgrade system will solve that is fooling themselves. The upgrade system isn't meant to fufil that purpose, it isn't designed for it.
    No it's designed to waste your points. Gear is suppose to come from bosses now. The game has changed, VP isn't as important as it use to be.

RNG sucks but there are options, but if you just don't want to do dailies your other option is hit LFR or regular raiding till you get the drop. Which is your choice (hence optional).

Not saying that this system is perfect either but its not as bad as people claim. Try going back to dead wastes now that you have good gear. You can finish questing through that in a couple of hours.

Quote Originally Posted by Azurenys View Post
    no, back with roll option there was MUCH higher chance. People would trade around gear and even if I was unlucky I could invest gold into an offer if the player was on my realm.
    That is not a "chance". That is not random. That is buying and selling your way to raid finder drops (which is lollerific in itself).

On new characters I would end up with 3-4 gear pieces PER WEEK PER CHARACTER.
    I agree, it is fun to lie on the internet.

Under old system you had 32 drops for a full clear, so each player could statistically expect to get 1.28 drops per week or 5 every 4 weeks. So even if someone is pathetic enough to trade and buy loot from other players, obviously this doesn't work for everyone.

Hating RNG instead of fellow LFR players isn't the real reason they made this. Low drop percentage (even with coins used) makes you play more to get the same gear = longer subscription eventually. Wake up people.
    This just stems from a misunderstanding of probability. Even if your anecdotes about getting - by whatever means - 3 to 4 pieces of gear per week per character are true, it would have been impossible for all 25 players to experience these results. Considering that you don't understand how these results are atypical by mathematical definition, you have no credibility on commenting on the chances of getting gear now compared to then.

"The chances were better because you could buy and sell and trade gear" not only shows how poorly you understand the math behind either LFR gear system, it also shows you're completely missing the point that most people did NOT like that you could roll for gear and use it in this way.

---------- Post added 2012-11-14 at 08:19 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Ferocity View Post
    Queue as dps as most people do, and stay in tank spec. It's awful, but it's only way to show developers that current system is greatly flawed.
    What flaw are you talking about and what solution do you propose? Do you realize queue times are determined by the people in line and by the number of required tanks healers and dps to fill a group? It's not like Blizzard just says "DPS queue times will be X, healers Y, and tanks Z."
    Last edited by Magpai; 2012-11-14 at 08:20 PM.

If I speak my mind about the -brainless- people who made comments on my post I'll get forum ban.

So, enjoy your stupidity and -please- let the rest of us play a decent game instead of ruining it for us with your fanboism.

Good night.
    Intel i7-10700k | ASUS ROG STRIX Z490-F GAMING
    ASUS ROG STRIX RTX 2080 Ti | 2x 8GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 2400Mhz
    A-Data SSD SP920 256GB | Seagate 1TB 7200rpm | NZXT Kraken x62
    Fractal Design Define R6 TG | be quiet! Dark Power Pro 11 650W | Asus ROG Swift PG279Q
    Razer: Blackwidow Elite | Basilisk Ultimate | Nari Ultimate| Firefly | NZXT Hue+

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mooboy View Post
    And how would like blizzard to change 'random' to better suit your needs?
    The fix for the OP is simple. You receive loot from at least 1 boss each week. But to keep lfr from becoming a literal loot pinata, repeats are possible.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by Magpai View Post
    What flaw are you talking about and what solution do you propose? Do you realize queue times are determined by the people in line and by the number of required tanks healers and dps to fill a group? It's not like Blizzard just says "DPS queue times will be X, healers Y, and tanks Z."
    One of flaws is that you get loot only for spec you are in when boss dies. Sure, queue times are determined by people (and by Blizzard introducing another class with tank spec), but if you have no time to wait 1 hour in queue only to have last-boss-only pop-up and then requeue for 1 hour more only to have last-boss-only again, and still want drops for your spec, you will queue as some other spec, but will stay in tanking spec. Next time in LFR check around how many non-tank people are actually in tank specs simply because they have little to no choice. I offered solution one page ago, and there are other solutions mentioned.

Oh, and as chances to win anything are truly low, don't expect situation in LFR to become better on it's own.

10+ Year Old Account
    No it's designed to waste your points. Gear is suppose to come from bosses now. The game has changed, VP isn't as important as it use to be.

RNG sucks but there are options, but if you just don't want to do dailies your other option is hit LFR or regular raiding till you get the drop. Which is your choice (hence optional).
    This is exactly right. Blizzard is steering away from valor gear as a consolation prize which is good for the game. When you go to spend valor, it'll actually come to a meaningful decision: upgrade a piece of gear you currently have, or do the work to get to the required prerequisite for valor gear. It makes all aspects of the game rewarding (scenarios need some work though). They're using valor points for progressing for every endgame character, let it be a person who just does dailies to a Heroic Raider - they both have a use for valor.

I've found the chances of getting gear from LFR about the same as before, the only thing I would change is raising the odds on getting gear from a coin since you had to go farm them. Whats better about the new system is that you know you have a 15-20% chance of getting gear for your character while before you had to hope for the 25% chance that it would drop and then the 20-50% chance of winning the roll. Its also nice to not have to quit lfrs because there are 4-5 of you class in the raid.

I know Blizzard has a problem with LFR drama and loot spam but I think they should announce who gets what after the boss kill. You cant trade it and its still personal chances so there is no drama from the old days to trade it. This would at least show people that gear drops and it would be cool to see 10+ items spam from 1 kill.

The loot you get from Raid finder should come with the typical 2 hour trade window. It would pretty much fix every problem there is with the whole system. You could give away or trade your duplicates or stuff you dont need or want.

Also Guild run LFR would be useful again.

Quote Originally Posted by Mihalik View Post
    The loot you get from Raid finder should come with the typical 2 hour trade window. It would pretty much fix every problem there is with the whole system. You could give away or trade your duplicates or stuff you dont need or want.

People would say it is even more mandatory AND they would have to run it multiple times to funnel gear to the mains.

Deleted
    The only thing they have to implement is a better reward chest, a lesser version of the LFD satchel essentially, so you get a bit of excitement even when you don't get loot.
    With something like that the system is perfect.

Quote Originally Posted by Mihalik View Post
    But Blizzard and the intended LFR audience don't want Guild run LFR to be useful again. They were never meant to be "useful" in the way you intend, i.e. abusing the system.
    Last edited by mmoc785ca38ad1; 2012-11-14 at 09:55 PM.

Current system is much better then the old one where you as a dps had to roll against dozen or so players because the item itself didn't drop that often and plus half the raid used the particualir item (looking at you trinkets, cloaks, rings, weapons).

However what Blizzard can do is exclude the people from the roll list that have higher ilevel for their queued roll but just give them gold with every kill. Just reduce the amount of gold per kill and keep the other rules.

Quote Originally Posted by Maklor View Post
    With those statements you will anyway.
    So I think you spoke your mind already.

Goodbye.
    Umm, sorry to burst your bubble, but no.

OT:

LFR isn't intended to be ran by guilds, that's norm/hc.. so don't even mention that ..
    Intel i7-10700k | ASUS ROG STRIX Z490-F GAMING
    ASUS ROG STRIX RTX 2080 Ti | 2x 8GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 2400Mhz
    A-Data SSD SP920 256GB | Seagate 1TB 7200rpm | NZXT Kraken x62
    Fractal Design Define R6 TG | be quiet! Dark Power Pro 11 650W | Asus ROG Swift PG279Q
    Razer: Blackwidow Elite | Basilisk Ultimate | Nari Ultimate| Firefly | NZXT Hue+