10+ Year Old Account

horrible with fancy macros... got a question

hey ppl ,im sorta stumped.. and thsi probally cannot be done but i'll ask anyways .. only way i will know right?

anyways im tryign to set up a macro for blowign all my big dps cds at once ,, simple enough i end up with this

#showtooltip
    /cast holy avenger
    /cast avenging wrath
    /cast guardian of ancient kings

the only problem i have is that after i use this macro the icon shows it on cooldown as it should ... but HA has a 2 mins cd , AW a 3 min and GoAK a 5 min cd ... so is there any way that i can have the icon change to the next one about to come off cd?

for instance after i use it once they all go on cd.. then 2 mins later HA comes up.(which happens now) when i use it again , can the icon change to display AW's cooldown and change to that icon?, and then into whatever would be closest to comming off cd next? so it always shows the next cooldown to come up ? be it HA, AW , or GoAK?

thanks in advance for any help

No, but you can use an addon to track cooldowns. There are a million out there. I use WeakAuras personally.

10+ Year Old Account
    i use clcinfo for tracking them... this is mroe of an OCD thing.... so a /cast sequence one wouldent work at all?

Quote Originally Posted by ZABANNITH View Post
    i use clcinfo for tracking them... this is mroe of an OCD thing.... so a /cast sequence one wouldent work at all?
    No, the tooltip will go back to the first one in the sequence and you can't advance it while that first one is on CD.

Wouldn't this work

#showtooltip
    /cast !holy avenger
    /cast !avenging wrath

Been a while since i jacked with my macro's and I'm lurking while at work
    Quote Originally Posted by Domiku View Post
    p.s. i want to see Sylvanas take a pounding.
    Quote Originally Posted by Olianda View Post
    This could NEVER be taken the wrong way. ._.

Quote Originally Posted by Mjumnito View Post
    Wouldn't this work

#showtooltip
    /cast !holy avenger
    /cast !avenging wrath

Been a while since i jacked with my macro's and I'm lurking while at work
    Unless I don't completely understand what "!" does, I'm pretty sure it does absolutely nothing in that context. It basically means "only turn on, never off" and is mainly used for toggled abilities. I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure that's all it does...

10+ Year Old Account
    From what I know, you cannot have it show in the order of which cooldowns are available.

So theoretically, if you used that macro, it'd only show Holy Avenger's cooldown, and no other cooldown. From what I know, once again, you cannot have it change to whatever is coming up next.

I have a macro similar to yours, one that pops all cooldowns at once. What you are going to have to do is add buttons/these abilities to your UI in order to be able to tell the cooldowns. You can also use OmniCC, which will show the cooldown on the icon.

The only thing I can really tell you is that you can put "#showtooltip Guardian of the Ancient Kings" instead of just "#showtooltip", this will display the time before all your abilities line up (assuming you don't pop Holy Avenger before next GoAK). Sorry for not being of use!
    Thanks to JustintimeSS for the amazing signature.