Poll: Do you still play any MMOs?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    The Lightbringer GKLeatherCraft's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I play WoW, and Aion sometimes, which is actually quite a large game, and i just today started trying out Rift^_^

GW2 and EvE for me.

15+ Year Old Account
    Rift, SWTOR, GW2 for me. i Also did play LOTRO back then but havent played that in like a year. This coming February will be my 2 year anniversary of quitting WoW.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    I play GW2 and WoW. Enjoy both quite thoroughly for different reasons, so I just play whichever suits my mood for the evening. Played SWTOR, but as much as I'm a Star Wars fan, couldn't get past the boring gameplay. Loved the stories though, they were very awesome.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    No, but that's more due to being over fantasy MMORPG's and the slo-mo trading of stats as combat more than anything else.

I'll always like WoW, it was really good game at one time. I still think its a good starting point for someone getting into MMO's.

I'll always like Rift, probably the only MMORPG I'd go back to because of all the things they do really well in that game.

I never cared for GW2. PvE just felt like a grind of doing the same five things over and over again with nothing to really look forward to and a weak story to boot.

SWTOR would have probably made an ok SP-RPG or B2P but really had no business being a P2P MMO. Too many aspects of that game just felt like a money grab with no thought or intention of longevity to me.

I'll gladly throw myself full-force into a sci-fi or modern MMO that is more skill based than stat and hotkey priority based...but I just don't have the stomach for the traditional stuff anymore.
    Last edited by Rooflesstoofless; 2012-11-15 at 05:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by SaintCree View Post
    Sounds to me like you're just burnt out on MMOs, the genre hasn't really changed, the players do. Take a break for a while if you're feeling so strongly.
    Sooooooooooooooooooo sick of seeing people write this.................Either u started playing wow/other mmo's a few months or maybe a year ago or you're just completely and utterly clueless. It has nothing to do with burnout. Its piss poor content release thats the problem. Just wrap your head around that and stop throwing out the burn out excuse because its 100% incorrect. Content of all available MMO's is stale and outdated and tbh it has to be blizzard that makes the move here with a complete overhaul of their mmo model. They have the brandname and resources and they can do better. All the others are just generic shithouse below par copies of the true mmo (wow) and don't even deserve a millisecond of attention at this point. I don't blame them for rinsing wow for so long but the writing is on the wall now. It really is time to change things up.

Currently nothing. I don't have any time to invest into an MMO right now. Because when I do play them, I want to play them all the time. Once I'm out of school again, I'll probably pick up Guild Wars 2 once more.

GW2 mostly but I haven't really been playing any games much.

I picked up the new Rift expansion but I just can't get into it.

Still farming in gw2, but getting disappointed more and more every day and now with them introducing gear ledders, something I was afraid of most of all because I can't stand it, I'm thinking of quitting it soon and maybe just buying an xbox.

Still playing WoW but more and more casually (only because of one friend still playing there). Not planning to invest in any other MMO anytime soon (though Rift looks very very sweet) + I found real WoW which is preCata private servers. You know there is something wrong happening with game when private servers >> official servers.

Also I understand that not all games act like this, same EQ less or more preserved old world, old rules, but WoW kind of poisoned me to expect other games to constantly go ping-pong with game systems, periodically obliterate old content and introduce dubious features (shared lockouts, CRZ, currently obsolete RealID).

Good thing there are a number of decent single-player games. This year brought Torchlight II, next year - Grim Dawn, and that's outside of what already was released before.

Quote Originally Posted by Argroth View Post
    Both Blizzard then Bioware let me down so they kinda killed MMOs for me. Don't even get me started on loser fans who defend these companies with such fervor its sickening (It's like the companies are holding their soul captive and won't give it back until they fight a useless war on their behalf)

MMOs are dead to me because of greedy/lazy MMO developers. I just came back to see the forums yesterday to satisfy my curiosity to see if anything good has been done. I expected too much.
    Well said, my friend.

I am not currently subscribed to any MMO and I don't see any in the near or distant future that seem even remotely interesting. The genre and especially, it's developers, have lost their touch on what it means to create a great, long-lasting MMORPG.

There are too many garbage MMOs that litter the market with the sole purpose of sucking the life from your wallet. The subscription model is dying, if not already dead, and with it are the games that sustain themselves for years through a loyal player base.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have stopped playing MMOs because I now think of them as games with "no-ends". The main genres that I play now are either RPG or strategy games.

10+ Year Old Account
    Considering Resubbing to swtor when the hk51 chain comes around, besides what everyone and their mother seems to think of the game i found it bloody excellent, just ran out of things to do there.

at this point i cant go wrong with gw2 it verry tight well thought out "except crafting really ",ive played pretty much all the mmo out to date and i was at the point you are at i finnally settled at gw2 ,try it you cant go wrong ill give you a trail if you wanna give it a shot just let me know

Nope. Hoping TES:O won't disappoint in a year. Using all my time on other things atm.
    Why am I back here, I don't even play these games anymore

The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

Just out of curiosity. Why did you umbrella Eve, Rift, AoC, Lotro, STO, and Tera while giving gw2 and swtor their own categories?

just seems... idk. bias?
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

Quote Originally Posted by hk-51 View Post
    Just out of curiosity. Why did you umbrella Eve, Rift, AoC, Lotro, STO, and Tera while giving gw2 and swtor their own categories?

just seems... idk. bias?
    TOR and GW2 are the games big parts of the MMO-Champ community went crazy over. Rift/Tera/whatever else, not so much.
    Why am I back here, I don't even play these games anymore

The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

Quote Originally Posted by Woodgela View Post
    Sooooooooooooooooooo sick of seeing people write this.................Either u started playing wow/other mmo's a few months or maybe a year ago or you're just completely and utterly clueless. It has nothing to do with burnout. Its piss poor content release thats the problem. Just wrap your head around that and stop throwing out the burn out excuse because its 100% incorrect. Content of all available MMO's is stale and outdated and tbh it has to be blizzard that makes the move here with a complete overhaul of their mmo model. They have the brandname and resources and they can do better. All the others are just generic shithouse below par copies of the true mmo (wow) and don't even deserve a millisecond of attention at this point. I don't blame them for rinsing wow for so long but the writing is on the wall now. It really is time to change things up.
    Did nobody else see this..? @_@ roflmao this made me laugh pretty good XD

Ok, for the OP, you left out ALOT of mmorpgs that are played by alot of people. Here is my list of what i have in my "mmorpg" folder on my screen-

Age of Conan
    Allods Online
    Dungeons & Dragons Online
    Everquest 2
    Forge (beta)
    Guild Wars 2
    Lord of the Rings Online
    Aion
    RIFT
    Vanguard
    Warhammer Online
    World of Warcraft
    Tera (discovery edition)

All of these mmorpgs are GOOD in their own way, and i would say they could be considered mainstream.

Right now i am mostly active in GW2, Forge, and thinking of going back to either AION or Warhammer...cant decide atm >_>

But ya, you kinda left out alot >_< seeing how all of these MMORPGs are getting some sort of attention from devs....now that i think about it...wtf happened to swtor? I swear that was in this folder...hmm o_o
    Facts don't care about feelings

My website (read my and other's novels here first!) https://www.the-fiction-factory.com/

Enjoyed star wars but all my friends quit and its' kinda lonely to play

All my friends have quit wow and I don't enjoy the current gind my face off for no reward iteration of the game

Didn't like Tera all that much. Got bored of it pretty fast actually.

Got a friend invite for gw2 should be interesting to give it a go.

If gw2 is no good I might head over to rift for a bit. If that doesn't work well maybe it's time to give up on mmos as a whole.

Deleted
    Currently I'm playing:
    Rift for dungeons and raiding etc.
    GW2 for PVP and some exploring, jump puzzles and the like.
    Age of Conan for role play.

I've let my Mop sub run out, as whilst I enjoyed getting to 90 I just got turned off by the low res player graphics and poor animations. They really should have been updated for this expansion, as the game looks so dated compared to all the others now. Now if wow had GW2/Terra quality graphics and animations in addition to the wow art style I would play it again in a heartbeat.