Page 1 of 2
LastLast

4/6 10M Normal MSV Help Please.

My guild is 4/6 MSV on 10man Normal, we managed to down the first 4 bosses after either a day or two at most, we even downed spiritbinder and kings the same night in very few attempts, and now have them on farm of course. We've been stuck on Elegon for a couple weeks now (raiding 3hrs twice a week usually, sometimes an extra day or two if people are able to make it) at this point its just getting frustrating and I feel like we're pounding our heads into a wall.

Our raid setup is 2 Tanks: Blood DK/Warrior, 6 DPS: Frost dk (Myself) 2x fire mages, a boomkin, an affliction lock, an elemental shaman and 2 healers: Holy Paladin, Resto druid

We started off getting 40% wipes because of enrage but have now gotten to the point where we get it to 9%-12%ish and wipe because we simply run out of raid cooldowns and die to the amount of AOE damage, this being said I have a few questions that may seem very basic however I have looked around and just want to clear up any confusion I may have.

1. How many Celestial Protectors should we be getting to during the 2nd phase one (where you burn from ~80% to 50%) We get to 85 pretty easily with 2 celestial protectors like we are supposed to but It just feels like we are getting too many during the 2nd phase one despite having 50% increased damage. Also along with the protectors I am a DK, so I stay on the boss during the 1st celestial and just AMS the Annihilation, I then switch to the 2nd protector so that I can drop my stacks (im usually at around 12-15 stacks at this point due to AMS'ing the first) and also drop AMZ one the raid to nullify as much of the annihilation damage as possible. On the 2nd Phase 1 Im alternating every other protector, AMS the first Annihilate, Switch, clear stacks and drop zone if I have it up. This may be important, but we have an Affliction lock and a boomkin on the protector, except for when I DPS it to clear stacks/zone the raid then its me and the boomkin.

2. The Orbs, we should be downing 4 and 4 correct? Dpsing during the 5th set as to maximize DPS but still get the 10 stacks in the end. We have an Affliction lock/Me/ele sham on one side, and 2 firemages/boomkin on the other, the tanks each float on a side helping where it may be needed as do I.

3. The sparks that spawn after the cylinder, what should be done with them exactly? Burst them down as soon as they spawn? Pull them to a stack point and Freeze them/Aoe Them? Pull them on top of the boss and Cleave/aoe them? At the moment we are doing our best to down all 6 cylinders at about the same time to reduce adds and then having a warrior tank drop some sort of banner than draws aggro and then all running to the start point (the thing that you click to start the encounter) I then do my best to remorseless winter them due to the fact that the if I go ape shit with howling blast I INSTANTLY get aggro on the sparks and fall over, which is why I don't dps them as soon as they spawn.

4. For the 3rd Phase, the sparks should be tanked on top of the boss for cleave/aoe as well as the raid stacking for aoe healing correct? Or should we have the sparks down before the floor is even back up and we have to worry about stacking? Also in this phase we aren't resetting stacks at all, and I'm not even sure if that is the correct thing to do, should we reset stacks once in phase 3? It seems like the running out to reset stacks would make use wipe to enrage as it is already pretty close, even on the 9% wipes. We are using everything in phase 3 aswell, healing tide totem, offspec tranq from bookin, tranq from resto druid, and my anti-magic zone yet we still seem to run out of cooldowns and simply die because of the amount of raid damage going out.

I think its pretty obvious that we are wiping because of DPS issues, that being said I just wanted to clear up the things I mentioned above just to make sure we are doing it correctly, or if we aren't so that I know and we could change the strat and possibly down the boss. Also for anyone who actually read all of this, thanks in advance and sorry for such a long post.

It's going to be hard to see exactly where it's going wrong for you without some proper logs to look at. Feeding back on some of your questions though:

Second phase you should be getting 3 to stay on top of things. If your hitting 4 then your dps is probably too low at that point. If you are getting 4 I recommend ignoring the 3rd add (except the tank of course) and focusing on the boss until he is either close to or starting the phase change. If your still hitting the 4th add this way you are still going to be behind. You are making sure that the add isn't being taken off the shield until he is at 20% right? He takes reduced damage if he's off the shield before that which can slow you down.

We still do 4&4 for the orbs while focusing the boss during the 5th so your the same as us there.

The sparks should be tanked and dosed down AFTER the cylinders. We all make sure we run back to the start point and get some dps off on them until the shield comes up. Then we just move them onto the shield and aoe down. They should just melt when you have them on the shield. So again, your doing the same as us.

Moving into P3 we have our boomy pop his tranq if its getting abit close with heals, then again AoE the adds to shit. We hero then and focus the boss. We do reset the our stacks and use health stones etc if we're to low, that's an individual responsibility though. One we hit around 10% we forget about dropping stacks and just push through. If your healers are having issues and your dps can survive the 36k or so hit from nipping outside to reset you should probably keep doing it.

A good indicator of how close things will be dps wise is the health of the boss going into the second transition. Once we're finished on the orbs he has less than 30% health so p3 is very quick. On our first kill I think he was around 35% and that was cutting it fine.

If you can get some logs or give an indication of what your dps is like we can probably help some more.

Deleted
    First of all: You definitely got a dps-problem. But it is hard to help you without any logs.
    Here is some general advice and some landmarks.

Your 1. Point:
    2 protectors in the first phase is doable, but it is the first indicator that your raid-dps is too low. You should only have one till 85%. Is everyone prepotting and using every cooldown (except lust/hero) at the beginning?
    We have all our dps switch to the protector. So it dies quickly and your tank doesn't have that much stacks up when the protector explodes (saves mana for the last phase). Usually the protector dies at 87-86%.
    When you make it in the 2nd phase the boss should be at about 75% life. Till 50% there should be 3 protectors. Just reset your stacks and kill them as usual. Do you have a raid-cd's for every explosion? Use your cooldowns it helps you to safe mana, you are going to need it in the end

2. point
    Yes, 4/4 is correct. Kill 4 orbs and ignore the 5th. You have a protwarri, he should have specced dragonsroar. Let him use it at the 3rd or 4th wave. He can hit all 3 orbs on his side an do a lot of dmg to them. The first and second wave shouldn't be a problem. Just use smaller cooldowns for wave 3 and 4.

3. point
    You are just doing it right. Remeber the faster you kill the cylinders the less sparks you have. The warrior with his banner should get all the adds (pop a major cd) and get them into the inner ring (for the 50 % dmg-buff) then aoe/stun them asap. Switch back to boss after this. If the warrios places his banner correct (next to the console) no one should have aggro.

4. point
    As mentioned above: kill the sparks before you gather behind the boss. They should die in a few seconds. Concerning resetting...we had better results with just gather up behind the boss and dps him down asap. Make sure you have a good coordination of your raid cooldowns. Wenn starting this last phase the boss should be at about 35 %. Lust/hero at 25-30 % so you will have it up till he dies. The longer the fight takes, the harder will be the healing.

Overall: Your dps just have to push more. The first thing would be to have only 1 protector in the first phase. This would make a huge difference in time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p62a7R-L_UU&feature=plcp
    Here's the link to our 1st-kill, not a guide but maybe it helps. good luck

Yes we are keeping the protectors on the platform until 20% and then dragging them off, and as far as one protector in in the first phase 1 goes that seems a bit extreme, we get two just fine but I don't see one happening anytime soon, besides from what I've read two is fine, three is not.

Gotta disagree with Sevona on the protectors. We've never done it with 1 protector in P1. Come close a few times but always had 2. It's easily do-able with 2 & 3 sets of protectors so don't put yourselves under too much pressure at the start to only get one.

Rest of their advice is sound though =0)

Quote Originally Posted by Koncerned View Post
    1. How many Celestial Protectors should we be getting to during the 2nd phase one (where you burn from ~80% to 50%) We get to 85 pretty easily with 2 celestial protectors like we are supposed to but It just feels like we are getting too many during the 2nd phase one despite having 50% increased damage.
    2 in first phase one is perfectly fine. Probably shouldn't get more than 3 or 4 in second. The difference will be made by getting a little extra dps onto the boss; make sure you re-apply dots before the first pillars phase!
    *edit* one tip I had forgotten about --> when each protector spawns, have the tank taunt it over while standing next to the melee before the tank takes it to the edge, this way they never have movement time without dpsing!

2. The Orbs, we should be downing 4 and 4 correct? Dpsing during the 5th set as to maximize DPS but still get the 10 stacks in the end.
    4 and 4 (10 stacks) should really be enough, but no reason not to go for more if your group is capable of consistently getting more.

3. The sparks that spawn after the cylinder, what should be done with them exactly? Burst them down as soon as they spawn? Pull them to a stack point and Freeze them/Aoe Them? Pull them on top of the boss and Cleave/aoe them?
    While cylinders are dying, tanks want to try and agro + kite the adds. Once your cylinders die, dps can start attacking the adds with dots etc. But don't risk pulling agro because you want to aim to stack them all up so you can aoe/stun them down efficiently, with as few melee swings as possible. Your mages should be an asset here!

4. For the 3rd Phase, the sparks should be tanked on top of the boss for cleave/aoe as well as the raid stacking for aoe healing correct? Or should we have the sparks down before the floor is even back up and we have to worry about stacking? Also in this phase we aren't resetting stacks at all, and I'm not even sure if that is the correct thing to do, should we reset stacks once in phase 3?
    Stack up for aoe healing, but more importantly you want to stack up the sparks so you can aoe stun/dps. You won't kill them before the floor goes back up (plus you get +50% damage in there which helps). You don't want to reset stacks, the aoe damage is a soft enrage. It sounds like you are dying to the soft rather than hard enrage (I think its 9.5 or 10 minutes?) so if the dps can't improve (and you can't get more stacks) you need to squeeze more out of the healers. If you do the transition (killing adds) really well, the healers have a LOT more mana than if you do it poorly. Otherwise you just need to coordinate/rotate raid and healing cooldowns as efficiently as possible.

It would be a lot easier to help if you had logs.

Here is our first kill, I'm not sure what level your gear is at but at the time we were all fully optimised 463; http://youtu.be/5AUSOAawzYI (holy pally PoV but can see dps meters).
    Last edited by PalawinFC; 2012-11-15 at 12:48 AM.

In an ideal world you will get 2 protectors in the first phase and 3 in the second. We managed to kill it with 2/4 our first kill. We did 2/2 this week.

4/4 orbs is a good amount to aim for. 5 is pretty rng and your time is better spent ignoring the 5th wave and using those 10 seconds or so to kill the boss.

Ignore the sparks that spawn as dps. The tank should pick them up and kite them or blow big cooldowns to survive the hits. Once the platform respawns take them to the middle and AoE them hard. Your tactic of mocking banner to get them to the warr and then remorseless winter sounds fine. They will die quickly if everyone focusses on them. What you can't afford is people hitting the boss while they should be nuking the adds.

The final burn phase just stack up on the bosses bottom and burn him without resetting stacks. A 10% wipe seems like a long way off but to be honest its about 10 seconds away from killing the boss. You will be doing 2-3mill damage per second on him here. Make sure you are lusting and using pots etc. We wiped to enrage a few times before our first kill and then suddenly out of the blue we killed him with 45 seconds left on the enrage. Our dps didn't magically increase by that much, we just did lots of little things right to pull off a kill.

It's probably important to note that a good benchmark here is to get him to ~35% before this phase even starts. (ie burn him from 50% to 35% between sparks and on the 5th wave) It sounds like a big ask but the boss takes 100% more damage plus the 50% buff you get from being in the bubble, even light tickles hit hard in those circumstances.

Probably the final piece of advice is this: Work out a good rotation for cooldowns on p3. Don't spunk them all at once. You have tranq and aura mastery, if the boomie tranqs it should be a hotw tranq or its just wasted dps. Also, your shammy has ascedance if im not mistaken.

1. How many Celestial Protectors should we be getting to during the 2nd phase one (where you burn from ~80% to 50%)

2. The Orbs, we should be downing 4 and 4 correct? Dpsing during the 5th set as to maximize DPS but still get the 10 stacks in the end. We have an Affliction lock/Me/ele sham on one side, and 2 firemages/boomkin on the other, the tanks each float on a side helping where it may be needed as do I.
    You should be downing as many as you can, but 4 and 4 is a good number. If you can do 5 and 5 (reliably!), the last phase will go much faster (and you'll get the boss even lower during the burn before the platform disappears).

If you can't reliably get 5 and 5, do not give it any further consideration.

3. The sparks that spawn after the cylinder, what should be done with them exactly?
    There are many things you can do here. I suggest having your boomkin drop an Ursol's Vortex when you've got a decent amount up. Have your resto druid do it, too. Your DK should absolutely be using Army of the Dead for one of the two phase 3s (second is probably best). Any slows you have should be up, whether it be a DK slow or a totem. Your boomkin can also sneak his knockback in there somewhere. The key is to keep them off your tank. And everyone needs to get on the floor as soon as it starts appearing. Keep in mind that the floor becomes solid well before it fully phases into view.

4. For the 3rd Phase, the sparks should be tanked on top of the boss for cleave/aoe as well as the raid stacking for aoe healing correct? Or should we have the sparks down before the floor is even back up and we have to worry about stacking?
    The tanks should have solid aggro on the sparks and be running to the boss as soon as the floor is up. Your warrior should use his mobility to get some distance from his adds and they should be killed while they're chasing him. Same with the DK, for the most part.

We don't have our melee reset stacks during the last phase. I'm not sure if our ranged/healers do, but I don't think I've ever told them to. The tanks absolutely do, though.

I think its pretty obvious that we are wiping because of DPS issues, that being said I just wanted to clear up the things I mentioned above just to make sure we are doing it correctly, or if we aren't so that I know and we could change the strat and possibly down the boss. Also for anyone who actually read all of this, thanks in advance and sorry for such a long post.
    If you can get through the first phase 1 with 2 adds and the second phase 1 with 3 adds, you meet the DPS benchmark and can kill the fight. Key elements: once you've kill the last set of phase 2 adds (in each phase), do not run out and reset stacks, just burn the boss until you need to leave for the floor. You can get a lot of damage on the boss in this short window. Hell, pop short CD's for extra damage, since they'll probably be back up shortly after phase 3.

If your melee are resetting stacks in the final phase, tell them to stop. If your ranged are resetting stacks, try having them stacked with melee for better AOE healabillity. Have your tanks figure out if they can push some extra damage. If your healers can handle them not resetting their stacks, their vengeance will get high and they can put out some nice numbers.

Best of luck!
    Last edited by Belloc; 2012-11-15 at 01:51 AM.
    Grand Crusader Belloc <-- 6608 Endless Tank Proving Grounds score! (
    Dragonslayer Kooqu

To try and push it from 2 protectors to 1 in 1st P1, try standing inside and stacking to 5-6 before pull (except tank and healers), that way you get loads more from your pre-pots, initial procs and CD's and it all adds up for amazing burst, and no real raid damage will come till 1st anahilation anyway, which is when you should reset for the first time.
    Last edited by Khazaad; 2012-11-15 at 02:03 AM. Reason: typo

Quote Originally Posted by Khazaad View Post
    To try and push it from 2 protectors to 1 in 1st P1, try standing inside and stacking to 5-6 before pull (except tank and healers), that way you get loads more from your pre-pots, initial procs and CD's and it all adds up for amazing burst, and no real raid damage will come till 1st anahilation anyway, which is when you should reset for the first time.
    The damage done does not stack, only the damage taken.

Quote Originally Posted by Khazaad View Post
    Your post makes no sense, as the post above mine points out. Otherwise, groups would just sit on the floor and let the buff stack as high as it can, pop all cooldowns and have the boss down to 80% before the first add even blew up (not to mention plenty of time to reset stacks).
    Grand Crusader Belloc <-- 6608 Endless Tank Proving Grounds score! (
    Dragonslayer Kooqu

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sevona View Post
    2 protectors in the first phase is doable, but it is the first indicator that your raid-dps is too low.
    My raid group has always had 2 protects and has no problem meeting the dps requirements to down the encounter.

Impossible to give much feedback to the OP without any solid info on what's slowing you down, 4/4 sparks should be fine, as is 2 protectors on the first phase.

The thing that sounds like it might be holding you up is the pylon phase since you seem to care about how the spark things that spawn after the cylinders are handled - are you trying to dps middle / far / close pylons or are you assigning each dps to kill 1 pylon themself?

If you're focusing 1 pylon at a time, stop. When 1 dies it makes elegon shoot more void-zone things, thus spawn more adds. Give each dps a pylon to dps (the same as the spark they were given), you shouldn't have many of those adds up at the end - they should be tanked and dpsed, dpsers jumping into the floor as soon as it comes up and having the adds dead so quickly they're not worth mentioning. You can also squeeze out a little extra dps on the pylons by standing just on the edge of the floor to get the 50% buff, if you're stood at the point where jumping clears it, you won't fall when the floor disappears - lets you get a few seconds of +50% dmg on the pylons, which is nice for dot classes like your affliction warlock if nothing else.

It's the enrage timer that's screwing you, but it's hard to say the dps are at fault here without logs - if they're getting the boss to transition with only 2 protectors that should be enough if the fight is executed properly, if you had major dps concerns then you'd probably get 3 protectors, which IS a major problem - but with only 2 it sounds more like you're executing part of it wrong and making the fight drag on.

Our ranged usually reset stacks 2-3 times, standing on the edge, melee reset it once I believe.
    Last edited by mmoc1571eb5575; 2012-11-15 at 05:55 AM.

Deleted

Elegon Progress

Hey there,

I am the raid leader in SlayStation -Twisting Nether EU. I'll try provide some insights it might help your progress. I will keep your composition in mind for some additional tips to smoothen the fight. Before you look at your dps and start panacing I do asure you that this is a fight that provides you a damage buff which you can use in order you overcome enrage or damage issues.

100-85%
    For a safe indication where enrage should still not be an issue you could say for phase 100-85% its 2-3 adds, for phase 85-50% 3-4 adds. For phase 1 your main concern should not really be pushing the boss in a certain amount of adds. It complicates the fight too much for no reason. If you have a team thats able to kill the boss your dps should be sufficient enough to be focussed mainly on making the transition smooth.

A smooth transition means that the phase will end (you hit 85% on Elegon) when you finished off a Celestial protector and there is still time left towards a new spawn. If you are able to split up your dps evenly to be able to burn the add in a fair time while keeping up a certain amount of dps on the boss, you will be able to indicate if your team is up to it to kill this boss. Namely, you will find that you will by doing this hit 85% on the boss aproxx when ur second or third add dies, somewhat right after.

In your case I would suggest your lock and boomer dotting the adds up but instead have your ele and both mages just burn the Celestial down. Its faster and safer, this will give you brief moments to top off your raid. Due to this faster burning you ease off tank healing bacause a faster Annihilation means your Elegon tank will have lower stacks. Also note that your tank can and should try pull the first Celestial through the hitboxx of Elegon. Even if for a brief moment or 2 it will give you lots of damage. You are using 2 fire mages that can and should glyph their combustion and can in this split moment spread their combustions of to the first add. These are strong from prepotting and all the proccs that are lined up at the pull.

Have all your raid except the tank on Elegon simply step out during the Annihilation cast to reset your damage taken increased stacks and minimize the AoE damage followed up by I suggest Your tranq on the first to letthe Cd tick off, boomer on second with aura mastery from the paladin and have your pala use a CD on the third if this one occurs.

Regarding tanks, only thing notable is to have your tank, that will pick up the add first, pull the boss. This way 1 tank can reset at the moment the Celestial spawns and pick up the boss, as your tank that pulled the boss taunts the Celestial and kites it to the edge and out. Resetting his stacks and leaving your Elegon tank with the lowest amount of stacks.

Transition Phase
    If you ended with a smooth transition and manage that part well you will have a 15 sec window of opportunity to nuke the boss during its first cast and have your players reset and lined up in position to maximize damage on the orb waves to get as many as possible. Seeing you are suffering from lack of damage on the boss and not by much I suggest you aim to get more stacks out of this bonus round. Instead of 4 - 4 you should try aim for 5-4 or 5-5. This will increase the rate at which you finish the next burn phase on the boss with Celestials up again and increase your damage during your final burn phase.

Tips that might work for you raid to achieve these waves:

-Your prot warrior has proper vengeance and does nice damage during this phase aswell. To maximize his damage he should aim to be near centre when the next wave of orbs spawn with a well timed thunderclap he can hit all 6 orbs putting up deep wounds on all doing significant damage to the wave. With a bladestorm specc on the final wave its quite possible to keep atleast 3 targets in your hitboxx for bladestorm for up to nearly halfway of the waves path, on my alt during this moment I switch to a 2 hander and back after the whirl.
    -Your boomkin should be able to have up starfall and be well positioned to gain optimal damage from it to provide another way of proper aoe damage to the wave. And can have mushrooms ready.
    -In Unholy specc Blood Plague does hell lot of damage to the waves if you spread them well.
    -Finally a line up of damage boosts. Wave 1-2-3 should be easy if not use pots for the third wave. Skull banner on the 4th at the centre and Stormlast on the last 5th because its a steady increase on damage thats certain unlike the random increased damage from skull banner that applies to crits only.

Having this in mind note that you wanna evenly spread you raid on bot sides and have them spread on the orbs to make sure dps is able to finish off any orb present per wave. Classes with rather spiky but inreliable damage in short periods might need a back up and more steady dps classes can probably manage fine.

After the final 5th wave use the time that the next wave of orbs take to reach the end to position your raid for next stage of the fight and to nuke the boss down further. Positioning in the next stage is made easy by having your raid split in 2 groups of 5 on each side containing 1 tank, 1healer and 3 dps and be ready to move out together. Therefor when you devide your dps into groups to nuke the waves have the groups already logically standing on their respective sides.

When the wave finally goes through you have your 2 groups of 5 each go to one side. Each group enter the same part on their sides between the pilars, this is important to make the rest of the fight easier as I will explain a bit further on. As you face the boss when you enter the place you wanna have the groups go into the back gaps between the pilars. So they can on each side nuke the far back pilar then the middle pilar and both teams can then finish the bottum pilars closest to the console present at the fight where you start the encounter.

If you position and kill the pilars in this order it will solve your problem you are experiencing with the overagro when trying to nuke the sparks that spawn during this phase. This because, the sparks spawn after the boss targetted a player and launched a missle like shiznit to the player and after hitting the group on that circle animation the add spawns. You can use this mechanic to controll the randomness by having your raid in 2 groups together each containing a tank that can on each side simply pick the adds up as they move more and more to the centre where the raid meets eachother right before moving in again.

The reason you wanna do this is so that the adds that spawned all dragged all progressively to the centre where your protection warrior can drop at the console a Mocking banner. Note that noone in your raid wants to apply slows to these adds as it wil fragment the adds and delay them reaching the Mocking Banner thus risking of not reaching the warrior at all. Warrior has everything easily on himself uses Shield Wall and job done, platform goes up warrior brings adds on the boss and pewpew everything down. Noone will suffer from agro this way.

The only tricky bit is when player reach the console have them watch their feet - new adds might still be spawning there and they initial blast from the landing is the one that kills.

The warrior will have Shield Wall and Mocking banner for both of these add phases allowing it to simply sort itself out over and over and over on the same way.

The following phase 85-50% is handles similarly as mentioned above likewise for the bones round however seeing you most likely wont have stormlash up there you can get away with 4 and still be fine with the damage on boss. If you go for 4 be sure to note waste time dpsing the 5th wave at all and use this time to burn the boss further.

The final phase is stack never reset and burn, rotate some healing cd;s and have your tanks play their final cd's. Oh yea, tell your protection warrior its fun to execute when you are not tanking the boss. And tell him not to be standing behind the boss wiht the melee if he does but stand somewhere away from the raid. Big vengeance, Damage increased by 110% and 50% damage increase from the platform = around 1-2million executes = agro = fun to wipe the raid with breathing their faces for thinking they had a kill!

Slaystationguild.wowstead.com for questions directly or spicyflamestherealone on twitch for some 25man hc progression in future!

peace!

Deleted
    Hi,
    i like to conquer this thread. The Problems discribed in the first post are nearly exact the same problems we are challenging. U can find a log at the bottom of my post.
    We tried yesterday with 2 Tank (feral/dk), 2 Heal (Disc/Pala), frostmage, firemage, affli, 2 shadows and a hunter.
    Orbs are 4/4 and its fine. I didnt count the Protectors and i didn't find a point in the logs where it stands exactly. The only thing is the number of total annihilation casts, which is 5. We allways did 2 in the first phase so i think we get 3 in the second.
    We die then in the last phase at nearly 15-20% because of to much raiddmg.
    Here are the logs:
    worldoflogs.com/reports/v3zio00nd6ztpit2/
    worldoflogs.com/reports/j1l5brus4kvnbpe1/
    Im not allowed to post links so you must copy them. Sry for that.
    If i forgot something pls ask.

Quote Originally Posted by Tomathan View Post
    We tried yesterday with 2 Tank (feral/dk), 2 Heal (Disc/Pala), frostmage, firemage, affli, 2 shadows and a hunter.
    Orbs are 4/4 and its fine. I didnt count the Protectors and i didn't find a point in the logs where it stands exactly. The only thing is the number of total annihilation casts, which is 5. We allways did 2 in the first phase so i think we get 3 in the second.
    We die then in the last phase at nearly 15-20% because of to much raiddmg.
    2+3 Protectors and 4+4 Orbs is just fine. With that strategy Phase 3 should start at around 35% boss HP.
    Your raid doesn't die because of too much raid damage, you die from the Spark adds. The best strategy is to AoE slow them and have everyone run in to the boss, then AoE them down while they move towards the boss. This way they shouldn't hit anyone.
    Also, your Holy Paladin seems to be having some healing issues in the last phase, may need to step up gameplay for a kill.

Quote Originally Posted by kuku2 View Post
    Your post makes no sense, as the post above mine points out. Otherwise, groups would just sit on the floor and let the buff stack as high as it can, pop all cooldowns and have the boss down to 80% before the first add even blew up (not to mention plenty of time to reset stacks).
    And there i was, thinking the dmg done stacks aswell for weeks now since we first pulled it...

/throws ashes on himself
    /apologises for stupid advice
    /runs away to hide

Thanks for all the advice, we managed to down it tonight after what seemed like a decade of pounding our heads into a wall. Hope this thread was able to help others with similar problems

Edit: For anyone wondering, here is the WoL for the kill

worldoflogs.com/reports/drb63pmzb2k4yvh7/sum/damageDone/?s=5391&e=5955
    Last edited by Koncerned; 2012-11-16 at 04:32 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    How great is that first kill, and what you should find is next week you'll 1-2 shot it, it was my fear that this week wwe would go back to failing, but in fact we 2 shotted it. Elegon was a right PiTa.

Deleted
    This fight isn't really a DPS check tbh. we 3 healed our 1st kill and it wasn't an issue. if u get clean phase transitions (ie kill the p1 add just as p2 starts) it is super easy. we killed 5 then 4 for the orbs with tanks doing one orb together. having healers dps during low damage phases and especially after last orbs are killed in p2 (and helping with pylons) means that boss health is acceptably low and pylon killing still fast. (resto druids esp can put out a lot of damage with HoTW at the end of 2nd p2 and pylon 2nd p3)
    We are not an especially advanced guild and haven't killed the last MSV boss on hc yet. If we can 3 heal it then clearly it isn't a dps check but a co-ordination check.
    taking a 6th dps merely allows you to have messier transitions at the cost of greater risk of someone dieing from the lower potential healing output.

Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    How great is that first kill, and what you should find is next week you'll 1-2 shot it, it was my fear that this week wwe would go back to failing, but in fact we 2 shotted it. Elegon was a right PiTa.
    It was needed thats for sure. Hopefully we do down it next week minimal attempts, we managed to down it with 25seconds or so left on enrage when on our previous BEST attempts it was at around 9-12% with 10seconds or so left on enrage, I guess things just clicked and we got our shit together. Also I think the main factor is making sure you get that damage in during each of the 5th sets of orbs.