Higher MP levels & Gearing (Wizard)

So now that my Wizard can clear Act 1 MP1 quite easily, is it worth it to move up to higher MP levels? I don't have uber-awesome gear (76k dps with self buffs, 90k with Frost Nova crit buff up), but MP1 I can clear easily without dying (unless I get some BS afflix combo like vortex/fire chains or some shit)

In addition, what exactly should I do to gear up more? I've got 6mil gold to spend, but everything that's a big upgrade is like, 10m or more. What are some good Legendaries/Set items that I could get?

Current gear/setup (GEAR OUTDATED as of 11:30 pm -05:00 EST)

http://i.imgur.com/tJM2C.png Updated gear/stats
    Last edited by Vook; 2012-11-15 at 04:28 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Precursor View Post
    "Fall of therzane....." ....um what? if that woman fell , god help us it will be the second cataclysm
    Words that lots of people don't seem to know the definition of:
    "Troll", "Rehash", "Casual", "Dead", "Dying", "Exploit".

get 25% run speed(Cap) you will thank me later, You can get cheap lacuni bracers(12 run sped) with just int and then proper boots with run speed

Get pants with int, vita, all resists and 2 sockets, rings with dufecta atlest, AS/crit isnt that expensive, gloves with dufecta aswell AS/crit, a Talrasha chest another 9% Attack speed, get shoulders with all resists since they cant have any trifecta stat, if you look properly Vileward shoulders with lowish Int arent expensive.

Your helmet its nice so its the wand and source, but they dont have AP on crit. For CM/ET you need a min of 20ap/crit so get a Oculos source with APonCrit or talrasha, for weapon get a Chantodo if you can afford, if not Wizzardspikes are supercheap with 1k DPS even

ok by slot made a list of stats I consider vital for CM atlest in order of Importance, leaving out stats such as %damage(always good) and crit/AS on belt/pants since Writhing Hour/Inna with Int rolls are not at reach for some ppl sockets are always good aswell expecialy on helmet for paragon farming so leaving that out

Helmet - Crit/Int/vita/AR
    Shoulders - Vita/AR/Int
    Neck - Crit/AS/Critdamge/Int/Vita
    Chest- AS/Int/Vita/AR
    Gloves - Crit/AS/Critdamge/int/Vita/AR
    Bracers - Runspeed/Crit/Int/Vita/AR
    Rings - Crit/AS/Critdamage/Avg Damge/Int/Vita/AR
    Belt - AR/Int/Vita
    Pants - AR/Int/Vita
    Boots - Run Speed/Int/Vita
    Weapon - Fast attack speed/APonCrit/Int/Critdamge
    Wand - Crit/APonCrit/Int/Vita

The Important is to mix-match expecialy on budget gear. For example if you get dufecta rings with int/Crit/AS then u need to invest alot on AR/Vita on pants leaving int on lower side on pants

Its not important to have high int on every item aslong there is some ofc, its important to have crit(expecialy for CM builds) on items that can have crit neck/rings/gloves/bracers/helmet/source
    Last edited by Hellfury; 2012-11-14 at 11:39 PM.

I've upgraded my gear quite a bit, but sadly D3 armory takes forever to load:

http://i.imgur.com/By0dy.png (Self-buffed)

I can't find a good Tal's chest for cheap. My current chest has a ton of vit on it (160 or so), but Tal's chests with that much vit are like 40mil+.

And do I really *NEED* AP on Crit? I don't find myself AP-starved very often, except when I decide to screw around and spam Meteor.

And the only reason I haven't gotten a Chantodo's + OH combo is because a socket Chantodo's is expensive as fuck, and I'd lose 81% crit damage without a crit damage gem.
    "Fall of therzane....." ....um what? if that woman fell , god help us it will be the second cataclysm

The best CM builds use Energy Twister Wicked Wind, and the more APonCrit you have the more of them you can put out it makes a huge diference.

Dont use meteor its a gimick, Wicked Wind ET its the best.

That screenshot you shown, shows ok stats for Mp4-5, just improve you AR abit more.

You can get a Talrasha's chest for cheap with lower Vita, the AS on it makes a diference and then invest on some pants or shoulders with huge vita but lower int

Yeah, I know Wicked Wind is better for more crits, I just liked using Meteor for its huge damage while farming MP1 :P 350k crits are fun!

How's this look?
    http://i.imgur.com/tJM2C.png

seems good give it whirl on higher MPs

Quote Originally Posted by Hellfury View Post
    seems good give it whirl on higher MPs
    On MP6, I'm getting my ass handed to me. Normal mobs take a long time to kill, and elites take forever to kill, compared to MP3.

It also seems like Elites only stay frozen for 1 sec. Is that intentional?

Also, do multiple Wicked Winds stack for more damage/hits?

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    One thing I would start looking at is higher level gems - they will make a difference, trust me on that.
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    One thing I would start looking at is higher level gems - they will make a difference, trust me on that.
    Yeah, I put 42 int gems in my Tal chest and amulet.