Deleted

simcraft sims to low?

Could any of you explain to me how simcraft can sim this character http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ADxxy/advanced to do only 67.5k dps?

Deleted
    buffs/debuffs?
    movement?

some more information would be helpful...

Deleted
    patchwerk 350sec long every buff that u can have and every debuff that can be up on the boss

Deleted
    load a newer version, i am a mage with 481 and i sim around 78k or something.

oh and you should change to evocation, you won't get good dmg from incanters ward without any incoming dmg...maybe that's why the sim is so low.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yup, sims with Ward are quite lower than with invocation which are also somwhat lower than with Rune.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shangalar View Post
    Yup, sims with Ward are quite lower than with invocation which are also somwhat lower than with Rune.
    true that!
    i just suggested evocation as i somehow like it more overall.
    rune will give you the highest dps on a patchwerk encounter.

Deleted
    Level 90: Also encounter dependant. Invocation is probably the general winner for raiding though. Haste is our best stat, and it only makes invocation better. You're going to want incanter's ward for anything with steady AOE damage, though. If you can keep that 30% damage bonus up, and have it up on cooldown, that's the clear winner. It's quite easy to keep that buff up on pretty much every boss.

i think u had the win, was using simulationcraft version 505-4 and there was a 505-5 available.

Ps it's not my character it's my brothers so i don't really know what i'm talking about.

---------- Post added 2012-11-13 at 05:22 PM ----------

Getting the same numbers, going to tell him to respec to invocation and see if that increases the dps.

result was a 14k dps increase. Wow
    Last edited by mmoc12b394f111; 2012-11-13 at 05:02 PM.

Anyone else a bit puzzled why the default frost mage profile on simcraft has Frost Bomb for Patchwerk style fights? Wouldn't NT or even LB be a higher dps choice for single target?

The issue isn't the Incanter's Ward is bad, it's that it doesn't proc in SimCraft. If someone's using it correctly, there's plenty of fights it's viable on.

Deleted
    this was clearly a matter of incanters ward being badly designed in simcraft.

Though i have seen a dps loss in simcraft when upgrading from 505-3 -> 505-4+5.

505-3 showed me around 90k+ dps. 505-4+5 have me down at around 86/87k even with item upgrades between the updates. Though i still seem to beat my simc's dps predictions and have been doing so in all the versions. So just remember simcraft is not always correct, but a good guideline.

Quote Originally Posted by stX3 View Post
    this was clearly a matter of incanters ward being badly designed in simcraft.

Though i have seen a dps loss in simcraft when upgrading from 505-3 -> 505-4+5.

505-3 showed me around 90k+ dps. 505-4+5 have me down at around 86/87k even with item upgrades between the updates. Though i still seem to beat my simc's dps predictions and have been doing so in all the versions. So just remember simcraft is not always correct, but a good guideline.
    Everybody should beat simcrafts estimation on average if they use the AT/PoM/Pyro as simcraft doesnt account for that(as far as I know that is)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by mrgreenthump View Post
    Everybody should beat simcrafts estimation on average if they use the AT/PoM/Pyro as simcraft doesnt account for that(as far as I know that is)
    I dont use PoM. its over rated =)

Deleted
    Plus combustion is by default popped at 12k which is considerably too low, plus it seems that PoM + Hot Streak is bugged, one pyro will consume both buffs

Deleted
    IW is not really viable in most situations (except Garalon, Tsulong and Sha of Fear maybe). Let´s assume you get the chance to use it on cooldown (maximum uptime):

With 20% haste we have

IW:

(130% * 15) + (100% * 10) / 26,25s= 112,38%

112,38%

Invo:

125% * 40s / 45s =111.11%

The chance to get close to 100% is way higher with Invocation than with IW. There are some other circumstances, making Invo the strongest option (major dps cds as combustion only during 25% buff)
    Last edited by mmocc7076034c2; 2012-11-16 at 02:40 PM.