Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Laize View Post
    All the world is a buyer's market for most women already...
    I don't really know what this is based on. Go ask an unattractive woman if they have attractive guys just hitting on them all the time. If you're telling them they should just settle for unattractive men, the same is true in the other direction - a man that's sufficiently willing to lower his standards will surely find a willing female partner in short order.

Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    I don't really know what this is based on. Go ask an unattractive woman if they have attractive guys just hitting on them all the time. If you're telling them they should just settle for unattractive men, the same is true in the other direction - a man that's sufficiently willing to lower his standards will surely find a willing female partner in short order.
    The general stereotype is that men will pretty much fuck anything.

Yeah I think a lot of it is based on unreasonable expectations of physical traits of women on the part of men causing them to artificially limit their pool of candidates. I suspect men tend to lean more heavily on physical appearance than women do.

Quote Originally Posted by Rukentuts View Post
    Yeah, but it's quite evidently false. Most men have physical standards, if nothing else.

---------- Post added 2012-11-16 at 09:03 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Yeah I think a lot of it is based on unreasonable expectations of physical traits of women on the part of men causing them to artificially limit their pool of candidates. I suspect men tend to lean more heavily on physical appearance than women do.
    I'm confident that's true, and thankful for the last part of it. If all I had was my appearance (which is fine, but nothing special), I'd have a much less attractive potential dating pool...

Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Honestly I think this mostly due to male behavior.
    Exactly. It's about time men stop being so desperate. It's like most male population still think that women don't like sex, and that they have to try to "convince" them to do it, as if otherwise, women would never be interested.

I suspect men tend to lean more heavily on physical appearance than women do.
    I don't really think so. Average, or less than average looking women get much more attention and luck than average or less than average looking men. Men have lower standards than women, because of the logic that the prettier the girl, the harder to get she is. And since there's these stupid social norms that dictate that it's the men who have to do the first steps and pursue the girl in order to get her...well, you do the math
    Last edited by Knight Gil; 2012-11-17 at 02:08 AM.

Yeah, but it's quite evidently false. Most men have physical standards, if nothing else.
    Oh, I know.

Quote Originally Posted by Knight Gil View Post
    Maybe that is right, but will you disagree that people who choose their partners based on feeling that their credit card will be at their service whenever they want, and then bury themselves in debt, is a recipe for failure as well?
    Well, yes, that sounds awful. It seems to me that the rest of the post is built around that, and I don't really see anything else for me to address as a result. I can understand financial instability being a disqualifying factor for a relationship (it is for me), but having money be the number one thing is very unpleasant. It's also quite rare though.

I don't really think so. Average, or less than average looking women get much more attention and luck than average or less than average looking men. Men have lower standards than women, because of the logic that the prettier the girl, the harder to get she is. And since there's these stupid social norms that dictate that it's the men who have to do the first steps and pursue the girl in order to get her...well, you do the math
    the study says exactly the opposite of this. average to ugly men recieved far more attention than average to ugly women, even factoring in the disproportion.

Basically we found out that OKCupid male population on average is below the regular population in terms of looks.... is that honestly that shocking ?

10+ Year Old Account
    You're a guy, right? You should damn well know that those standards drop appreciably when you've got a stiffy. Or have had enough liquor.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

Quote Originally Posted by PizzaSHARK View Post
    You're a guy, right? You should damn well know that those standards drop appreciably when you've got a stiffy. Or have had enough liquor.
    Speak for yourself. My standards never change haha.

Well, yes, that sounds awful. It seems to me that the rest of the post is built around that, and I don't really see anything else for me to address as a result. I can understand financial instability being a disqualifying factor for a relationship (it is for me), but having money be the number one thing is very unpleasant. It's also quite rare though.
    Well, I understand where you're coming from, of course. I also wouldn't like to stay with, for example, a women that couldn't take care of her finances and would spend her money on drugs or expensive clothes while we had bills to pay. But I sure as hell wouldn't be comfortable with a women that would see me as a walking paycheck.

the study says exactly the opposite of this. average to ugly men recieved far more attention than average to ugly women, even factoring in the disproportion.
    That can be because "average to ugly men" aren't really average or ugly, and it's just women who pretend that anything less than brad pitt is "ugly". Or because the internet is a far different game than real life. In such sites, you are supposed to meet people anyway, so that's why people message each other. How many women you know make the first step in real life? Not many, I'd guess. And on those sites, it might be for shady reasons...maybe they think an "average to ugly" guy is easier to keep and they have a bigger chance of such guys giving them stuff. Just maybe. And you see, I know girls who are far from supermodels who get hit on by random guys on the street. It just doesn't happen to "average to ugly" guys. No chance.

Deleted
    That's not actually impossible.

Take a sample of 1,10,10,10,10,10,10,10,10,10,10. Total = 91, sample size = 10, average (mean)=9.1.

However 9 out of 10 are above the average. Therefore 90% here are above the average.

That can be because "average to ugly men" aren't really average or ugly, and it's just women who pretend that anything less than brad pitt is "ugly". Or because the internet is a far different game than real life. In such sites, you are supposed to meet people anyway, so that's why people message each other. How many women you know make the first step in real life? Not many, I'd guess. And on those sites, it might be for shady reasons...maybe they think an "average to ugly" guy is easier to keep and they have a bigger chance of such guys giving them stuff. Just maybe. And you see, I know girls who are far from supermodels who get hit on by random guys on the street. It just doesn't happen to "average to ugly" guys. No chance.
    i guess you're right, its all part of a grand female conspiracy.

Quote Originally Posted by Rukentuts View Post
    Possibly, but they won't marry anything. If the woman is looking for a long term relationship...good luck. One night stand? Easy enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    Is that just like 80% of women are below average looking? We are a shallow race of creatures aren't we? Pretty fucking laughable when women say that on average about 80% of the male population is below average in terms of looks, when there are just as many fat, gross, ugly looking women out there as there are men. I am sure if you did the same study using men polled and they were asked about women's looks, most would say the exact same thing.
    I don't know why but this post reminded me of something I had happen in high school back in the day (about 12 years ago for me) that for some reason, I still never could forget.

I was in the lunch room and I was sitting close to a group of girls. Well, not too close but that were just that loud. Well, there was this one girl in the group. She was fat, her skin tone was DARK black, like dark to the point she was unattractive to even most black men, she had about 2 pounds of fake hair on her head, fake nails that looked like talons they were so long, fake over-sized eyelashes and way too much make up. She pretty much looked like a walking caricature. What she said, I couldn't help but find funny. After all this crap she has done to herself, she had the gall to talk to her friends about how she couldn't find a "Real" man.

Well it's not really surprising. So based on the data, 2 out of 10 men are "good looking". That's not unreasonable to me. In a group of 10 men, you should be able to identify the 2 best looking dudes out of the bunch(even when they're all relatively average).

When you look around you, most guys are just average looking. In order for a fella to bridge the gap from "average" to "good looking", you'd have to already have the right facial bone structure, facial symmetry, good body build, well groomed, well dressed, and so on.

With any dating site, there are thousands or even millions of candidates to compare against. When a person just keeps scrolling through the profiles, the most attractive people are simply going to stand out, out of a sea of average-looking people.

In short I don't find this data offense in the slightest, but rather, close to what's just reality.

Take a man and woman of equal physical attractiveness and social status.

Set them loose upon the town.

Who's going to be the one having the easier time getting laid?

Quote Originally Posted by Fugus View Post
    I don't know why but this post reminded me of something I had happen in high school back in the day (about 12 years ago for me) that for some reason, I still never could forget.

I was in the lunch room and I was sitting close to a group of girls. Well, not too close but that were just that loud. Well, there was this one girl in the group. She was fat, her skin tone was DARK black, like dark to the point she was unattractive to even most black men, she had about 2 pounds of fake hair on her head, fake nails that looked like talons they were so long, fake over-sized eyelashes and way too much make up. She pretty much looked like a walking caricature. What she said, I couldn't help but find funny. After all this crap she has done to herself, she had the gall to talk to her friends about how she couldn't find a "Real" man.
    So really dark people are unattractive to everyone now? Wow that's interesting since I know quite a few people that like reallllly dark guys and girls.

---------- Post added 2012-11-26 at 02:38 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Laize View Post
    Take a man and woman of equal physical attractiveness and social status.

Set them loose upon the town.

Who's going to be the one having the easier time getting laid?
    Assuming equal sex drive probably the woman.

Pretty sure that if all women on OKCupid wouldn't be wearing makeup, the bell curve would slide to the left for them as well.