Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Patch 5.1 PTR Notes Update - November 8

Heroic Empress 25 Video, Nov 12 Hotfixes, Win Trading, Blue Posts, HotS Release Date

Patch 5.1 PTR Notes Update - November 8
    Only changed and new notes are below, see the full notes on the Blue Tracker.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    General
    The Pandaren Campaign begins!
    • Players can visit their faction strongholds in the Vale of Eternal Blossoms to begin the quest to summon their war fleets to the continent of Pandaria. (Alliance players that couldn't previously complete the starting quests can now speak with Taradormi at Lion's Landing to travel the timeways and experience those quests... BACK IN TIME).
    • Players can follow the story of the Pandaren Campaign through a series of special quests tied to their reputation with the landing forces. Heroes assisting with the war effort will join key characters and faction leaders as the growing conflagration spreads across Pandaria... as well as other locations around Azeroth.

Brawler's Guild
    • Entry into the brawler’s guild is by invitation only. Invitations can be found on the black market auction house, by invitation from somebody within the guild, and occasionally as drops from certain Horde and Alliance NPCs.

Classes
    Mage (Forums / Skills / Talent Calculator)
    • New Pet Ability: Water Jet. Water Jet channels a jet of frigid water at the target, dealing Frost damage over 4 seconds. Frostbolt cast by the pet's owner that hit the target while it is being blasted with icy water will grant a charge of Fingers of Frost. This ability has a 24 second cooldown (shared with Freeze) and a 1 second cast time.

Monk (Forums / Skills / Talent Calculator)

Priest (Forums / Skills / Talent Calculator)
    • Spells affected by Inner Focus cast while Spirit Shell is active now fully apply critical effect heals to the shield provided.

Warlock (Forums / Skills / Talent Calculator)

Items
    • Spirit of Harmony can now be purchased for 600 Conquest Points at the Conquest Quartermaster.
    • The Dancing Steel, Jade Spirit, Colossus, and River’s Song enchantments now use the Real PPM system utilized by Windsong and Elemental Force.

Sunsong Ranch
    • A new Seed has been added: Portal Shards
      • A mage who fell on hard times back in Dalaran has found a new home on Pandaria. Barnaby Fletcher will occasionally visit Halfhill Market to peddle a new type of seed – and take advantage of the Tillers’ hospitality.
      • Portal Shards grow into consumable items which can be used to open a portal from Sunsong Ranch to a major faction city.
    • Seeds now stack to 50.
    • Runty crops now have a spell visual to help call attention to themselves.
    • Growing crops now display the duration until the crop is ready to harvest.
    • Characters who have earned the “Friends on the Farm” achievement will no longer find gifts while harvesting Cooking Ingredient crops – instead, they have a chance to find special seeds such as Magebulb, Enigma Seed, Songbell, and more.

Raids, Dungeons and Scenarios
    • Non-boss enemies in Mogu'shan Vaults, Heart of Fear, and Terrace of Endless Spring now respawn much more slowly.
    • Raid groups are no longer necessary to enter pre-Mists of Pandara raid dungeons. Enemies in these raids that previously required more than one player to defeat are now more easily dealt with by players battling alone.
    • Scenarios
      • New level 90 Scenarios have been added, including additional faction specific Scenarios:
        • Assault on Zan'Vess
        • Alliance
          • Lion's Landing
          • A Little Patience
        • Horde
          • Domination Point
          • Dagger in the Dark

PvP
    • The growing conflict between the Horde and the Alliance has spilled across the face of Azeroth: level 90 players can now queue for Wintergrasp and Tol Barad via the PvP tab to battle one another in these epic conflicts.
    • Arena matches now have a 25 minute time limit (was 45 minutes).
    • Rated Battlegrounds now share the same spell restrictions as Arenas.

Bug Fixes

Deleted
    WG and TB as bgs

10+ Year Old Account
    "Raid groups are no longer necessary to enter pre-Mists of Pandara raid dungeons."
    Yes... yesssss.

WG and TB at 90? Sweet!

10+ Year Old Account
    Loving the pre-mop raid changes and so happy they're bringing back Wintergrasp.

Deleted
    Entry into the brawler’s guild is by invitation only. Invitations can be found on the black market auction house, by invitation from somebody within the guild, and occasionally as drops from certain Horde and Alliance NPC

But Blizzard doesn't listen guys. They are bad.. and stuff.

Deleted
    Raid groups are no longer necessary to enter pre-Mists of Pandara raid dungeons. Enemies in these raids that previously required more than one player to defeat are now more easily dealt with by players battling alone.

Is soloing as we know it dead? I just hope the bosses aren't nerfed too much, I'm already getting bored on my DK :/

Quote Originally Posted by Umchilli View Post
    Raid groups are no longer necessary to enter pre-Mists of Pandara raid dungeons. Enemies in these raids that previously required more than one player to defeat are now more easily dealt with by players battling alone.

Is soloing as we know it dead? I just hope the bosses aren't nerfed too much, I'm already getting bored on my DK :/
    I'm pretty sure it's referring to bosses whose mechanics meant soloing was impossible for a lot of classes (like Razorgore) than straight up nerfs to health/damage.

I hated Tol Barad. But I welcome going back to Wintergrasp again.

10+ Year Old Account
    Still have not fixed the god dam mage casting sound. Every time i play mine it feels like my brain is going to explode.

10+ Year Old Account
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Rated Battlegrounds now share the same spell restrictions as Arenas.
    So, Rated BGs are now the 10v10 Arena bracket with objectives?

Pushing Rated BGs towards the desolate 5v5 bracket won't do it any good.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Matchu View Post
    I'm pretty sure it's referring to bosses whose mechanics meant soloing was impossible for a lot of classes (like Razorgore) than straight up nerfs to health/damage.
    Let's hope so. But from my long-term experience with Blizzard, they will implement couple of all-around nerfs 'just because' since they're taking the time to make some changes to these raids anyway.

Wonder how that will work for razor and twins cause i tried twins on the PTR once still wasn't easy to one man.

15+ Year Old Account
    ...or Reliquary of Souls for Warriors with Second Wind.

10+ Year Old Account
    Woot! WG is back! It's a bazillion times better than TB :x

Just wow..

Where's the cooldown reductions for rogues?

WG is back, thanks I guess. Don't really like TB.

Now bring back skirmish arenas.

Quote Originally Posted by Yonasknepper View Post
    WG and TB as bgs
    not B G just adjusted for 90 :P still epicly nice imo wg will be fun agaiin

90 WG and Tol Barad AND the 25 minute time limit to arenas is AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'd been hoping they'd reduce the time limit on arenas for so long. no one likes a 45 minute stalemate.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Umchilli View Post
    Let's hope so. But from my long-term experience with Blizzard, they will implement couple of all-around nerfs 'just because' since they're taking the time to make some changes to these raids anyway.
    While I can't find it in the current patchnotes, it used to have these changes listed:

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment

• The Tidal Shield cast by High Warlord Naj'entus now has a reduced duration.
    • Razorgore the Untamed no longer takes extra damage from Black Talon enemies, has more health, and can cast Destroy Egg more frequently.
    • Viscidus now requires significantly fewer hits to freeze and Shatter.
    (source: http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/...ate-November-2)

I don't think there's that much more nerfs to bosses. It seems they're mainly nerfing the ones that are both near-impossible to solo and drop a pet. (For example, Viscidus dropping http://ptr.wowhead.com/item=93039)
    FFXIV: Rintha Elenah | WoW: Rinth | GW2: Reno Turan

Deleted
    for me WG is like new BG, never did it on 80 , gj blizz!