10+ Year Old Account

Quickie questions about Garalon and Holy Paladins

Hey Paladins. Trying to gather some information. My guild is working on Garalon, and a few of our Melee are losing a bit of DPS because we need to heal ourselves. I was reading through Paladin information and I was wondering, would Holy Prism be better for this fight than Hammer? I hear it's decent...so could our Pally not just throw it up on the Body every so often and heal up us Melee? Will it radiate to use from the Body?

Also, are Holys using Glyph of Blessed Life for this fight?

Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account
    I find that melee (and everyone else) are moving way too much for Lights Hammer to be useful on this fight, I stick with either execution sentence for extra healing on pheromones kiter or holy prism for the aoe heal, which is also useful on the pheromones kiter, I've had ~100k direct heals on people with it.

I don't think that glyph of blessed life actually works on this (looking at my logs there is no holy power gains from the glyph unless it's listed under something else), though don't take my word for it as it may... and crushes aren't happening that often, really... I doubt if it is working it is actually worth it over some of the other glyphs (divinity, beacon of light, light of dawn mainly).

I only do 10m so it may be different on 25m I am not sure. But as the poster above said, I also found that there was never enough players standing still or close together to use Lights Hammer effectively. I used holy prism and got some good results with that. Even LoD wasn't worth it since people are too spread out for it to hit more than a couple at a time. Just eternal flame everyone and use holy prism as a nice instant big heal on people who get a bit low (kiter/soaker).

10+ Year Old Account
    I really appreciate the feed back. Our Paladin was using Light's Hammer and it just seemed less the ideal. Its a damn shame about that glyph.

Quote Originally Posted by Xindora View Post
    I find that melee (and everyone else) are moving way too much for Lights Hammer to be useful on this fight, I stick with either execution sentence for extra healing on pheromones kiter or holy prism for the aoe heal, which is also useful on the pheromones kiter, I've had ~100k direct heals on people with it.

I don't think that glyph of blessed life actually works on this (looking at my logs there is no holy power gains from the glyph unless it's listed under something else), though don't take my word for it as it may... and crushes aren't happening that often, really... I doubt if it is working it is actually worth it over some of the other glyphs (divinity, beacon of light, light of dawn mainly).
    Pvp 4piece is best for this fight.
    Light's Hammer will always do more than the other two, even if you only heal 2 targets, I usually have it healing all of the healers and a range or two.
    I also usually throw it down right before a crush for extra effect.

logs:
    http://worldoflogs.com/reports/73p1v...=18515&e=18923
    http://worldoflogs.com/reports/qe9l7...?s=2568&e=3045
    Last edited by silverhatred; 2012-11-16 at 01:17 PM.

When Im healing Im trying to HS, LoD, HR, LoD, HS, LoD....
    Cuz I thought using 1 HP LoD trying to force a DP proc would be a good idea, but Im not getting nearly as good as ur healing with EF

should I do the same thing but using EF instead of LoD? Im not sure how to do this EF blanketing ppl talking about I tried once but didnt had good results, guess Im doing it wrong

Quote Originally Posted by Odahz View Post
    Cuz I thought using 1 HP LoD trying to force a DP proc would be a good idea, but Im not getting nearly as good as ur healing with EF

should I do the same thing but using EF instead of LoD? Im not sure how to do this EF blanketing ppl talking about I tried once but didnt had good results, guess Im doing it wrong
    DP has a significantly lower proc rate the less HP you use, 1HP you'll barely ever see a proc compared to sticking with 2 or 3

Deleted
    Holy prism only heals allies within 15yards of the original target, that simply is never going to occur while fighting Garalon.

When running with Holy Prism I was targetting the leg as everyone nuking it would be standing near by and you would have max benefit from it, however as a previous poster mentioned, light's hammer just before a stomp is a life saver, as an engineer I always use my Synapse Springs just before Light's Hammer, you'll notice the difference.

The EF blanketing playstyle usually revolves around using the 4-piece pvp set bonus, which generates 1 free holy power every time you use EF with 3 HP. The reason it works so well is Divine Purpose is considered as casting EF with 3 HP, so every time you proc DP, you get a free holy power, and its possible to chain together a string of 5-6 full power EF's very easily.

The rotation basically becomes Crusader Strike and Holy Shock on cd to keep up holy power generation. If someone needs healing or you get to 5 HP or have a divine purpose proc, cast an EF (preferably on a target who is likely to take damage soon). If you need to generate some extra HP, burn your Infusion of Light procs to cast fast DL's on beacon target.

Also, you can run the beacon of light glyph and macro it to divine light, allowing you to quickly beacon swap, cast DL and get a free holy power from tower of radiance.

The thing to understand about this playstyle is that you want to try to have a full set of EF's rolling on your raid, particularly if there big aoe damage coming, because you're going to be very inefficient if you try to swap to a HR/LoD rotation since you won't get getting bonus HP from the set and your regen will be weaker because of the stat weighting on the pvp pieces.

I didn't get good results with EF spam either until I got the holy pvp 4set.
    The best results with EF will be had with getting as much holy power as possible through: holyshock, crusader strike, holy radiance, healing the beacon.
    Speccing divine purpose is also a must.
    What happens is that every time you EF you get a holy power from the 4set. Then all you have to do is get 2 more. I generally try to spend the EF's as soon as I can so that when I get a divine purpose proc chain I won't be losing holy power.
    Just have an ef hot tracker on each frame and you should be fine.
    I try to prioritize my EF for those with a 40% or more deficit and then for non-ef'd targets or low duration ef. I also actively switch my beacon while gaining holy power to give a constant stream of heals to a particular target.

I sometimes even use holy radiance single target becuase my mana spending is miniscule in general for how much healing I am doing and the holy power on demand fits the playstyle. If you are finding yourself low on mana do not do this but I almost always have plenty to spare.

Its a different playstyle entirely but it is quite fun and almost like a new healing class. Don't forget to use cds and light's hammer in your mad dash for moar holy power! It is easy to forget.

One last thing. The EF playstyle isn't for everything. I am currently experimenting with fights to see if it will work with it but it shines in these fights so far.
    Stone guards.
    Garalon.
    Empress.
    Tsulong.
    Lei-Shi. (oddly enough(not for getaway))
    Sha of Fear.

It might work well on others I have yet to test. Note that these are fights in which normal healing is surpassed by EF pvp 4set.
    Last edited by silverhatred; 2012-11-16 at 05:31 PM.