Deleted

Rift expansion, worth getting if not max level?

So i like the look of this expansion from trailers , and i like rift just rarely had time to play

I think im about level 38, is it worth me getting the expac? i currently have no sub on my account, but im guessing buying the expansion wont give me some playtime either?

Any input would be great guys, thanks!

If you want to access any of the four souls (mage MDPS, Warrior RDPS, Cleric Support, and Rogue AOE Heals/DPS) then you'd need the expansion, they are a crapton of fun, btw..

Otherwise, no, you can wait till 50 to purchase if you're still invested in the game

Hope this helps
    {I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it. }

Deleted
    Much thanks

Deleted
    Yeah i was also thinking of picking up the expansion. Though i haven't played since launch and didnt even get to max lvl.

Tactician looks cool

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Japskidin View Post
    Yeah i was also thinking of picking up the expansion. Though i haven't played since launch and didnt even get to max lvl.

Tactician looks cool
    I think the capital IA's are still going. Super fast XP, I leveled two 40s to 50 in a weekend doing the IA.

Deleted
    i took the plunge and just got the expac plus subbed. started levelling a mage yesterday focusing mostly on the harbinger soul! insane fun and powerful lack of healing and survivability atm but most things die before they hit me :P

So far so good! i'm still focusing on wow pve wise (one of the highest ranked pve on my realm), but after raid etc, this game is gonna be what im doing as i know i can take my time with alts (have 4 90s atm), and that way i wont burn out on WoW.

Might just pick up my rogue tho later and focus on levelling that, since ive never tried the max level content since the game has launched and some of it looks amazing!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Spunge18 View Post
    i took the plunge and just got the expac plus subbed. started levelling a mage yesterday focusing mostly on the harbinger soul! insane fun and powerful lack of healing and survivability atm but most things die before they hit me :P

So far so good! i'm still focusing on wow pve wise (one of the highest ranked pve on my realm), but after raid etc, this game is gonna be what im doing as i know i can take my time with alts (have 4 90s atm), and that way i wont burn out on WoW.

Might just pick up my rogue tho later and focus on levelling that, since ive never tried the max level content since the game has launched and some of it looks amazing!
    Harbinger chloromancer = I AM GOD!

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nykolas View Post
    Harbinger chloromancer = I AM GOD!
    Yeah pretty much. O_o Ascended are already demigods.... but harbinger chloro.... LOLGG.
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    Yeah pretty much. O_o Ascended are already demigods.... but harbinger chloro.... LOLGG.
    The Just Seer cleric build (Greater Satyr Protector variant) is all sorts of epic. At 51, I hopped over to AD to solo some 56/57 quests. Slow going, but best gear ROI - stuff is better than the level-gated craftables until 55 or so. Good idea to keep the 3rd soul at 0, since you can then swap between 0-point souls without having to revisit trainer.

Just starting on getting my mage beyond 50, looking forward to having Dodge!

I've just come back, and am sad they removed the -car cleric healer builds.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    I've just come back, and am sad they removed the -car cleric healer builds.
    They've compensated by giving you more options with warden and defiler as viable alternative sub-souls. also, there are still some very effective -icar builds out there

here's an example: http://forums.riftgame.com/rift-gene...ll-1-11-a.html

Welcome back!
    {I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it. }

15+ Year Old Account
    How do Marksman builds rate these days? I liked the idea of playing a ranged rogue, but dislike the use of pets.

Deleted
    im levlling with the first soul build in this thread

http://forums.riftgame.com/rift-gene...gue-guide.html

its just insane. i'm pulling entire rifts and taking them down without any trouble, even slightly higher level rifts! although im only 38 atm, its nice and quick to level with

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hattai View Post
    How do Marksman builds rate these days? I liked the idea of playing a ranged rogue, but dislike the use of pets.
    If i remember correctly, Ranger is the pet soul, Marksmen is ranger without the pet

Quote Originally Posted by Hattai View Post
    Before SL launched - after the 1.11 changes MM was rogues top DPS ranged build, but I'm not sure now - will have to wait till some 60's experiment a little.
    I'm talking ST or course - SAB was the ranged AOE dps ass-kicker.
    Last edited by slime; 2012-11-21 at 05:23 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nykolas View Post
    If i remember correctly, Ranger is the pet soul, Marksmen is ranger without the pet
    That was my point.

Quote Originally Posted by slime View Post
    Before SL launched - after the 1.11 changes MM was rogues top DPS ranged build, but I'm not sure now - will have to wait till some 60's experiment a little.
    I'm talking ST or course - SAB was the ranged AOE dps ass-kicker.
    That's good to know, haven't played properly since the Hammerknell raid was released, figured things would have changed between then and now.