Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I suppose Blizzard is "nerfing" just the bosses that drop battle pets, so everyone can go in and get them.
    So i can say i'm sure Blizzard's main goal is not to nerf ALL bosses: Kalecgos will remain unsoloable if Kil'jaeden doesn't drop a combat pet.

Paladins and Dk screams of joy can skill be heard if you listen hard enough

Hopefully they will make Ulduar and ICC soloable. Its pretty much impossible to solo Dreamwalker for a non healing class >.<

Quote Originally Posted by feangren View Post
    I fail to see where soloing is 'dead'.
    They just made Razorgore (which is already soloable, but requires "creative use of game mechanics"), Naj'entus (which is also already soloable -hard but doable) and Viscidus (which is an asbolute pain like no other) easier.

As far as we know, that's all.

(now I'm hoping for Kalecgos to be made soloable. My hunter still hasn't his Thori'Dal...)
    You can just run past him you know.

(now I'm hoping for Kalecgos to be made soloable. My hunter still hasn't his Thori'Dal...)
    You can just skip Kalecgos, has been like that for a while.

Also, what's so hard about Najentus these days? At 90 with decent gear you already can nuke him down before the first shield.

Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    Hopefully they will make Ulduar and ICC soloable. Its pretty much impossible to solo Dreamwalker for a non healing class >.<
    All of Ulduar is soloable by most classes, also only pet classes can solo algalon.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitsjel View Post
    You can just skip Kalecgos, has been like that for a while.
    Wait a minute. Are you actually saying that you can engage Brutallus without killing Kalecgos first ?
    That's awesome !

I fail to see where soloing is 'dead'.
    They just made Razorgore (which is already soloable, but requires "creative use of game mechanics"), Naj'entus (which is also already soloable -hard but doable) and Viscidus (which is an asbolute pain like no other) easier.

As far as we know, that's all.

You can skip kalecgos

If This guy who farms the legendary told us about this, if you have any questions just make an YT acc and ask him about it.

No serious solo-er gives a shit about the raid requirement change, since we all already had many ways around that. However if they indeed change bosses that were very gimmicky to solo in the past, that is amazing news.

"Reliquary of Souls" Hope they change this, Wants to solo BT on rogue.

Quote Originally Posted by Alasuya View Post
    "Reliquary of Souls" Hope they change this, Wants to solo BT on rogue.
    Hear, hear!! First it will be nice entering w/o a raid group and I want to go back to BT for my staff and rogue alt. Oh and shield for my warrior xmog

i can solo every single boss in Uld 10 and 25 apart from Thorim, and that got right on my tits, so if they make that mechanic negligible then that makes me a happy camper.

10+ Year Old Account
    How the hell is Razorgore going to be easier to kill?
    Make him invulnerable? Fine by me, hate that stupid fight.

I like this though, been soloing all the old raids for xmog gear, so this will make it just that bit easier.
    We stopped searching for monsters under our beds when we realized that they were inside us.

Tell me something, my friend. You ever dance with the devil in the pale moonlight?

Deleted
    Just tried skipping Kalecgos, it works ! That's great, now I only have to level my hunter to 90 (still 85 with 385 gear) to roflstomp Brutallus

Quote Originally Posted by Kuthe View Post
    How the hell is Razorgore going to be easier to kill?
    He has more hp, the cooldown on Destroy Egg is now 1,5 sec instead of 4-5, and he takes less damage from the adds.
    Oh, and you can't be dazed while channeling the orb (but this is active since 5.0)

Just tried skipping Kalecgos, it works ! That's great, now I only have to level my hunter to 90 (still 85 with 385 gear) to roflstomp Brutallus
    Yeah you only have to kill everything but Kalec to get to KJ. I solo Sunwell every week on my hunter trying to get the chest from Muru. Damn thing hasnt dropped and Ive killed him over 30 times.

Quote Originally Posted by Umchilli View Post
    ''Raid groups are no longer necessary to enter pre-Mists of Pandara raid dungeons. Enemies in these raids that previously required more than one player to defeat are now more easily dealt with by players battling alone.''

So, no more soloing 'the hard way' :/ Not sure if I like it because I was already getting bored on my DK, soloed almost everything available for him, and now it's becoming even easier.

So, for me it's 1 big positive and 1 possible negative, depending on how blizzard will implement it. Your reactions?

EDIT: I might have mis-read it, and the change actually means that previously unsoloable bosses under any cirmustance are now soloable.
    I'll wait for official post to confirm it, reason is there are many 'grey' bosses which aren't unsoloable but killing them solo is alot harder then normally. Such bosses are for example Twin Emps, Gluth and Thaddius, etc... So, once again let's wait for official confirmation.

EDIT(2): Here's a list of bosses that might be fixed in 5.1, sorry for typos in names.
    Original:
    -Blackwing Lair: Razergore
    -Temple of Ahn'qiraji: Viscidus, Twin Emps (I hope not), and C'thun

TBC:
    -Black Temple: High Warlord Naj'entus, Reliquary of Souls
    -Sunwell Plateau: Kalecgos

WotLK:
    -Naxxramas: Gluth, Thaddius (Unlikely)
    -Ulduar: Algalon
    -Icecrown Citadel: Gunship fight, Valithria Dreamwalker

I'm unsure of Cataclysm bosses.
    Everything I've bolded has, at some point in time, been soloable without an exploit, but usually only by specific classes. Off the top of my head:

Razorgore - Soloable by druids back when the Regrowth glyph continued to heal you when below 50%.
    Visicdous - Frost DKs with Ghoul + AoD and the fastest one handers they could find solo it
    Twin Emps - By FL at the latest people had the dps to oudamage the self healing from the emps. However, it was still a 7+ minute fight.
    High Warlord Naj'entus - NE shadowmeld, rogue Vanish, or having On Use pet trinkets (C'thun/Yogg tentacle) enabled you to get enough spikes to break the shield, never having to leave BT.
    Reliquary of Souls - Phase 2 can be handled, slowly, by UH DKs, Hunters, Warlocks (maybe Frost Mages) since they can position their pets far enough way so that RoS has to run to Spirit Shock them. Can be soloed nowadys ibut the dps and self-healing required is pretty tough w/o raid gear.
    Gluth - Should be soloable, even if zombies spawn. Mostly just a dps/target switch check.
    Thaddius - Need decent self-healing until the two mini bosses are dead, Thaddius himself is a joke though.

Of these bosses, I'd say that unless someone locked a dk at 85, Visicdious is the only boss that can't be soloed at 90 right now due to too little haste (troll dks maybe). The others are either dps races or just long as heck to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Synthaxx View Post
    Naj'entus just DPS really. Pet classes would have a harder time due to the spine taking them out of the fight for some time (but it was avoidable if you were creative about it). Tanks can do this provided they pull trash for vengeance. Only healers might struggle to kill him.
    Pretty much HWN is pretty much a joke to solo now. Assuming you can pull roughly 45k DPS while solo he'll be dead before the first bubble.

15+ Year Old Account
    hope i can farm some ICC HC now :>
    This change is bigger than anything else thats added in 5.1
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

Deleted
    doesnt look like it frolk. all they are doing is changing mechanics on some of the old vanilla and TBC raids that required more then one person to down the boss. Reason is for the new battlepets they are having spawn on some old bosses to tempt people back into those instances.

10+ Year Old Account
    I wonder how much easier this will make getting achievements.