Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    I think this change is both a good and bad change.

I really like how things such as Kalecgos and Vicidius are able to be done, but I hope they don't nerf other fights which are possible (albeit quite hard) in the process. Personally I wouldn't mind a list of the changes to see how many things are actually affected by this and to what extent the nerfs will be.

Reliquary for example is solo-able right now due to me being a ret paladin but i can understand how it being impossible for some other classes is irritating to them. Definitely something i'll be checking come the patch to see if these changes are to make everything easily killed by every class or just to stop the impossible.

You know, for a kitten that shits rainbows, you seem to like to stay inside the box.

How hard is it to solo Req of Souls in BT by a warlock? That fight is just a pain due to interrupts

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gunther View Post
    How hard is it to solo Req of Souls in BT by a warlock? That fight is just a pain due to interrupts
    Demo spec using GoServ, summon the service pet and terrorguard just as the 2nd phase starts. The extra pets should be enough to keep damage on the boss if you get targeted with the Spirit Shock.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitromonger View Post
    Demo spec using GoServ, summon the service pet and terrorguard just as the 2nd phase starts. The extra pets should be enough to keep damage on the boss if you get targeted with the Spirit Shock.
    Pop Imp Swarm glyph and doomguard, use a demonic gateway to clear you aggro and you can burn the boss without ever being targeted by the Spirit Shock. Easy mode.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Future View Post
    I should have elaborated. I know Yogg was soloed, but I'm talking about specific changes pertaining to the encounter on the PTR. If they have nerfed or changed the encounter, it probably means Yogg-0 25man might be soloable by multiple classes/specs(I think Mione mentioned she got pretty close on beta).
    As far as we know, the only encounters being modified on the PTR are Razorgore, Viscidus and Naj'entus.
    All of the others are the same.

I hope they are going to fix KT's mind control. It really sucks when the fight resets only because of blood worms / engineering trinket.

Deleted
    Doesn't happen that often. I only got MC'd one since MoP came out, and I've done it every week, as blood. And I've been able to survive while being MC'd, because my MC'd characted didnt manage to kill all of my ghouls

Quote Originally Posted by Excaliban View Post
    I hope they are going to fix KT's mind control. It really sucks when the fight resets only because of blood worms / engineering trinket.
    They need to make blood worms as what they were - optional talent.

Quote Originally Posted by Rivyr View Post
    I dont see the big deal, the content is no longer relavent, its not like they went and made MV or HoF soloable
    The big deal is that currently the game is lacking, severely, in challenging solo content. Much more in inspiringly-challenging solo content. The kind of which will push a player to not just use his character well, but think outside the box to overcome the difficulties of an encounter. So, some players, do whatever they can to find some such content by attempting the virtually impossible. No streamlined boss encounters, not much in the way of guides in some cases -and where there are available they don't get read unless someone is stuck so as not to ruin the fun of figuring things out on your own-, and certainly no rofl-stomping. And for those that care about such things, the fun and satisfaction of overcoming such a challenge are immense. It's not about some in-game reward. So it's not comparable to current content. However the changes may be quite small for all we know and thus no harm done.

10+ Year Old Account
    Reminds me of those vanilla forge runs in brd every other day to craft bits of fire resist gear (as a warrior, few others had the recipes/rep)

Used to giggle when you saw other crafters doing the same thing but with a healer holding their hand
    Same as grinding out gold/drops at "old" hearthglen or tyrs hand (they were 55-61 elite zones).. i mean you needed balls for this because you didn't just have the opposing faction to deal with, you had the gold seller to contend with as well (which were often actual players as the game was pretty new, botting wasn't that developed)

Good times
    Last edited by Pete; 2012-11-17 at 11:51 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    I wish they would give me my selfhealing back as a shadowpriest, I feel so nerfed when soloing old shit.

I found doing kael was no problem in frost spec just burn down your CDs and get him to 50 percent and its a free kill after that

10+ Year Old Account
    What they're doing isn't really "nerfing" the dungeon mobs (most of them probably will hit for around the same damage), they're nerfing mechanics which make soloing incredibly difficult or almost impossible (first boss of BT is the best example, he's 100% IMPOSSIBLE to solo. Another great one is Viscidus, who is 100% IMPOSSIBLE to solo for some classes).
    PEPE SILVA, PEPE SILVA

Just do it as frost dude, its very easy at 90.

---------- Post added 2012-11-18 at 02:45 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Byniri View Post
    What they're doing isn't really "nerfing" the dungeon mobs (most of them probably will hit for around the same damage), they're nerfing mechanics which make soloing incredibly difficult or almost impossible (first boss of BT is the best example, he's 100% IMPOSSIBLE to solo. Another great one is Viscidus, who is 100% IMPOSSIBLE to solo for some classes).
    First boss should be soloable by any class at 90 with decent dps gear, viscidus is easy for me, but then I'm a frost DK so yes I support that change lol.
    ||i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz||H100 push/pull||AsRock Z77 Extreme4||16Gb G.Skill Ripjaws 1600MHz||Gigabyte Windforce GTX 970|| Coolermaster Storm Trooper||Corsair TX850 Enthusiast Series||Samsung 840 Pro 128gb(boot drive)||1TB WD HDD, 2x 3TB WD HDD, 2TB WD HDD||

Bdk Nagrand / Astae Nagrand
    Pokemon X FC: 4656-7679-2545/Trainer Name: Keno

Quote Originally Posted by feangren View Post
    I fail to see where soloing is 'dead'.
    They just made Razorgore (which is already soloable, but requires "creative use of game mechanics"), Naj'entus (which is also already soloable -hard but doable) and Viscidus (which is an asbolute pain like no other) easier.

As far as we know, that's all.

(now I'm hoping for Kalecgos to be made soloable. My hunter still hasn't his Thori'Dal...)
    Just fyi you can skip kalecgos. Just walk around the edges = win
    I solo stuff. I do deepz. I raid. What else do i want? Oh yeah. loot. give me loot. Cookie for loot?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thelxi View Post
    No serious solo-er gives a shit about the raid requirement change, since we all already had many ways around that. However if they indeed change bosses that were very gimmicky to solo in the past, that is amazing news.
    I care. It takes a few extra minutes out of my play time, launching another instance of wow, waiting for it to load, inviting my trial account, etc.

---------- Post added 2012-11-18 at 01:38 AM ----------

I wonder what this means for Kael'thas. I can solo him on my paladin, but he's a pain in the ass. I wonder if he'll be easier, or doable as Ret (I can't do it as Ret, maybe there's a way, but I get fucked by Kael'thas in the last phase, only succeeded as a Prot.) If he's going to be easier to solo, I'll be farming for Ashes more than once a week . . .
    Putin khuliyo

Deleted
    All those people saying that Naj'entus in BT is impossible to solo have never bothered to try it. Several classes could already solo him at 85, now any lvl90 have enough dps (50k only needed) to kill him before his shield. (Not to mention pet classes who could loot the spine on themselves, or resetting the fight as a night-elf/warlock/rogue...)

Bosses that require more than one person are being fixed:

Just a little confirmation since I didn't come across one here.

Eh, I can't see how it's not a good change. Outdated content is outdated, soloing currently doesn't provide any challenge anyways unless you go into ICC. The only reason people go into outdated raids are because of cool transmog gear or mounts, not for the challenge or for the fun, that fun was had in the expansion that the raid was current.

Quote Originally Posted by wariofan1 View Post
    Eh, I can't see how it's not a good change. Outdated content is outdated, soloing currently doesn't provide any challenge anyways unless you go into ICC. The only reason people go into outdated raids are because of cool transmog gear or mounts, not for the challenge or for the fun, that fun was had in the expansion that the raid was current.
    Finding something fun is subjective. Personally, I love this change, because I find soloing old content/collecting gear for transmog fun, and I'm not necessarily in it for the challenge (then again, soloing everything isn't easy either). Plus, it gives people that little something extra to do ingame.