Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

What does responsiveness mean?

The bluepost on the frontpage says:
    The responsiveness of many abilities and effects has been improved, including: [...]Halo[...]
    The thing is i absolutly dont understand what this means.
    Could you explain it to me?

Thanks in advance :P

It means how fast something happens, I think?

To put it into a better perspective, the monk HoT bounces 3 times to people with hp missing, sometimes it takes a very long time for the spell to bounce, even though there are plenty of people with hp missing. increasing the response time increases the time the HoT will bounce to other people.

I can't speak in terms of Halo, but I'd assume the rate the aoe expands out is increased.
    Last edited by chocobo606; 2012-11-15 at 12:18 AM.

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=define%3A+responsiveness

you're welcome

Please post constructively.
    Last edited by Arlee; 2012-11-15 at 08:05 PM.
    Originally Posted by Zarhym (Blue Tracker)

We're confident the .01% left will be thrilled to attend a post-apocalyptic BlizzCon.

Deleted
    Thank you choco.

And Foto you are useful as a lollypop that tastes like shit
    I wasnt interested for a general definition of responsiveness. I was interested in what changes halo might get.

Deleted
    I've noticed a delay in Halo hitting something and it actually doing damage, so it could be this too.

The way I see it, there could be some complex code to work out the damage Halo does when it hits something (calculating range from origin or some crap) so maybe they just made the code more efficient. Remember, nothing in WoW is ever as simple as it should be :P

10+ Year Old Account
    In my experience, Halo is pretty responsive... dunno what the issue could be. Responsiveness is the delay between spell animation and actual healing received. You can think of it as travel time sort of, but not really. I sort of wish they would make Cascade faster/responsive, not Halo, cause I havn't had any issues with it, thought the delay on Cascade has its uses. Maybe the damage part of Halo is delayed, not healing? I dunno...

Hopefully that's what you wanted?!?

I have noticed that often when I am in heroics there seems to be a delay between when I hit halo and when the animation goes off. That could be what they mean.

I still don't think Halo is that viable of a spell in it's current state, the buff in 5.1 may help a lot though if it normalized a little more.

Quote Originally Posted by TehFurbolg View Post
    Then don't ask what responsiveness means but ask what responsiveness IN CONNECTION WITH HALO means...
    Would be easier to simply be clear and not bash people, wouldn't it?
    Did you not read the OP? Seems pretty straight forward to me what he was talking about. Now about bashing people....
    “Logic: The art of thinking and reasoning in strict accordance with the limitations and incapacities of the human misunderstanding.”
    "Conservative, n: A statesman who is enamored of existing evils, as distinguished from the Liberal who wishes to replace them with others."
    Ambrose Bierce
    The Bird of Hermes Is My Name, Eating My Wings To Make Me Tame.

Deleted
    Play SWTOR and you'll immediately understand ^^.

Deleted
    Then don't ask what responsiveness means but ask what responsiveness IN CONNECTION WITH HALO means...
    Really? You read his post right?

He quotes a blue post talking about the responsiveness of Halo. What part of that isn't clear?

OT: h3lladvocate pretty much hit the nail on the head. It is probably due to a delay in either the grpahic going out, or the damage being out of sync with the visible hit.

The question was, what does responsiveness mean. I found a site that answered that question. All I was showing was that you could have googled in yourself to find out and from that made your own conclusions about what it meant in reference to Halo, apologies for doing so
    Originally Posted by Zarhym (Blue Tracker)

We're confident the .01% left will be thrilled to attend a post-apocalyptic BlizzCon.

Deleted
    The delay on typhoon is insane too. I hope they fix this asap.

Deleted
    Frankly any well thinking human brain could have made that link considering you're in a priest forum and the OP even stated halo.
    Would be easyer to read the actual question and not correct the already correct ones, wouldn't it? :-D

10+ Year Old Account
    I rather see something happening with GS TBH, I know it's a latency issue but it's really bloody annoying to not be able to "count" on it a 100%.

Quote Originally Posted by Arlee View Post
    I have noticed that often when I am in heroics there seems to be a delay between when I hit halo and when the animation goes off. That could be what they mean.
    It's in response to halo bugging out at 30 yards where the greatest dmg output is possible. Right now halo bugs put and just doesn't hit at 30 yards for whatever reason. It's been a known bug since beta, but like 99% of the bugs on beta that were brought to their attention, they refused/ignored to do anything.

Stream: twitch.tv/DryeLuLZ
    Twitter: @Dryeqt

Quote Originally Posted by Drye View Post
    It's in response to halo bugging out at 30 yards where the greatest dmg output is possible. Right now halo bugs put and just doesn't hit at 30 yards for whatever reason. It's been a known bug since beta, but like 99% of the bugs on beta that were brought to their attention, they refused/ignored to do anything.
    My position on Priests in Beta is well known ;-)

On topic, as others have said, Halo occasionally bugs out when people move just out of range; there is also elevation issues with the spell.

The delayed healing/damage, while logical, was really quite annoying.

Quote Originally Posted by Foto View Post
    The question was, what does responsiveness mean. I found a site that answered that question. All I was showing was that you could have googled in yourself to find out and from that made your own conclusions about what it meant in reference to Halo, apologies for doing so
    good for you,

the question wasn't the dictionary statement for responsiveness or the programming term. His question was how does this translate to Halo? Responsiveness of the cast mechanics? Or responsiveness of the spell trigger on target etc...

Can we please stop discussing how the OP worded his request? It's not the point of the thread at all.

They should probably look at Void Swap too. The whole point of the spell is to save someones life and you can't really do that with the cruddy delay on it.
    Hi Sephurik