Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by wow View Post
    Even though it only stole things the mage could use from bc through wrath, cata baby mages a different breed.
    What in the world does that have to do with anything? The point is it's a dispel with a *possible* extra bonus.

Quote Originally Posted by iamthedevil View Post
    What in the world does that have to do with anything? The point is it's a dispel with a *possible* extra bonus.
    It was the original design of the ability (and was that way for 4 years) to only dispel things the mage could use. That's kind of relevant to the thread...

Only since cata was it " a dispel with a *possible* extra bonus."
    Last edited by Wow; 2012-11-17 at 06:55 AM.

Even though it only stole things the mage could use from bc through wrath, cata baby mages a different breed.
    I don't recall spellsteal not being able to steal effects that were possibly "useless" to them. If the buff was magic, you could steal it (with some pve restrictions). If it was not a magical effect, you couldn't steal it. I definitely recall being able to steal a warlock's nightfall back in BC.

10+ Year Old Account
    Spellsteal should be looked at as both a way to nab useful buffs for yourself as well as an offensive dispel. A few classes can really get screwed over when they're purged of a damned good spell. Is it a necessity? No. Is it useful? Better believe it.

It was the original design of the ability (and was that way for 4 years) to only dispel things the mage could use. That's kind of relevant to the thread...

Only since cata was it " a dispel with a *possible* extra bonus."
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7UIEb7nXqgs

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Areox View Post
    You're missing my point

I can use it.

They take it.

I can no longer use it. (And neither can they.)
    It's part of mages "defensive" arsenal, get over your loss and stop blabbering...

10+ Year Old Account
    calling bullshit

i could spellsteal ANY MAGIC BUFF since its been added and i could use it, its only in cata when things like clearcasting (shaman/druid) only gave boosts to their intended class but still allowed mages to spellsteal in order to use spellsteal as a DISPELL instead of a spellsteal...

and being able to spellsteal DK buffs in wrath pokes a giant hole in your "bc through wrath" bullshit

pve fights like jaraxxus in wrath prove you wrong as well since nether power isnt a "buff intended for mages"

pve fights like epoch hunter in durnholde prove you wrong as mages have always been able to spellsteal his aoe dispell

blizzard intended spellsteal to be akin to the spellsteal of warcraft 3 not some watered down, no-fun version you propose

tl:dr blizzard thinks its working as intended, thats why the only thing that changes about it is its mana cost
    Last edited by Jawless Jones; 2012-11-17 at 08:37 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zombiebob
    I'm still waiting on someone to tell me where all these people that suddenly care about Warrior balance were during Cataclysm when they were blow up dolls with plate armor on.
    Quote Originally Posted by cutterx2202 View Post
    Stop complaining to solve your lack of ability, and start reading and practicing to gain ability. Stop trying to bring people down to your level instead of striving to raise yours.

To the idiots posting things like poster above what about what I said made you think bosses with flat dmg buffs or defensive abilities to steal wouldn't be useful to the mage? Any magic buff huh you were running around in ghostwolf on a mage then? If you've played a mage long enough then I'm sure you noticed the fact buffs you could steal had border around them to show what you could take back in bc and wrath. It worked on most all pve things pvp was where it was limited.

When cata happen it was changed to dispel any magic even if you didn't get the buff and before that you had to be able to steal it to dispel it. It use to have some limits in pvp.
    Last edited by Wow; 2012-11-17 at 08:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Areox View Post
    You're missing my point

I can use it.

They take it.

I can no longer use it. (And neither can they.)
    its called being outplayed

I know someone said it already but...if the mage is not able to use the buff that he stole from you then what the fuck difference does it make if it was stolen or dispelled? You can't use the buff and neither can the mage. I could see you being upset if the mage stole a cool buff that he is now able to use against you (which in some cases they can i know) but...to complain about that is just silly. Stolen, dispelled, what's the difference? It's gone!

It's already having its mana cost increased. Just treat it like a dispell if you're so agitated that a class has an ability that can remove your buffs.