Best way to farm BC greens for disenchanting

Aside from normal mode Slabs for 5 hours, any other nice spot?

does turning things on heroic increase green drop rate?

Deleted
    you go in to tempest keep, pull all the way down to the first big room, aoe it down, run out, and reset

Is kara still bc greens? There are a couple big area room that used to be great, I could pull from right after the horse mount all the way upstairs into the kitchen room, then the big room near the start.

The easiest way would probably be just farming cloth then DEing what you can make with them, or what your local tailor can make with them, alongside running the dungeons.

Deleted
    Run dungeons with a tailor make cloth into items. De items.
    Quest with your enchanting char if you havent done so already, this gives you normal drops and quest greens which can be used.

From my experience, Karazhan drops a lot of greens, as well as Shadow Labs.

10+ Year Old Account
    I always got tons of greens in MgT, both heroic and normal. Don't know if it got nerfed in the meantime.
    Seeing we're 90 now MgT will not be hard, but probably will slap you in the face with 'too many instances blah blah'

Quote Originally Posted by Xeraxis View Post
    The easiest way would probably be just farming cloth then DEing what you can make with them, or what your local tailor can make with them, alongside running the dungeons.
    This.
    If you have a tailor or a friend who is a tailor. Go into Heroic Hellfire Ramparts. Look up and see the two guards who patrol just by the last boss. Use some sort of AoE to pull them. They will pull the entire instance. wait 2 mins whilst they arrive then Melt there faces, Loot, rinse and repeat.

Deleted
    Tailors are fricking OP! I've actually considered rolling tailor on my main (warrior who currently have BS/Ench) just to get the extra cloth-drops while farming.

OT: I'd do the same as some above have suggested. TK/SSC or Kara - find a spot that's nice for your class, pull as much as you can handle, LoS them around a corner so they stack nice and tight and pewpew-aoe... In TK I've pulled the entire entryhall (up to Alar) and killed all of them in one Bladestorm. It's not meant as bragging of an impressive feat('cause it really isn't) but it's a pretty fast way to stack and kill so many elites. I guess the trash at Astromancer could also be nice for this - maybe you can even pull the boss, and LoS everything - as I recall, all the trash will agro when you engage him. I guess it depends on your class/gear/skill.

Tbh I'm not sure you get more from raids than you do from 5man hc instances. As long as you can make big pulls, it should give decent returns.

And yes - using cloth is a huge increase in return on enchanting-mats. Keep in mind you will mostly get arcane dust when de'ing tailor-made items. Can't remember when but at some point they made "armor = dust" and "weapons = essences". Ofc you will sometimes see the opposite, but that's the general rule.

If going for essences it might be valid to look for BS-weaponplans with low material-requirements, depending on the prices of ores/bars on your server.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Whitetroll View Post
    And yes - using cloth is a huge increase in return on enchanting-mats. Keep in mind you will mostly get arcane dust when de'ing tailor-made items. Can't remember when but at some point they made "armor = dust" and "weapons = essences". Ofc you will sometimes see the opposite, but that's the general rule.
    Armour = 75% dust chance, 20% essence chance.
    Weapons = 20% dust chance, 75% essence chance.

Been that way since start of Wrath and probably since Vanilla.

Also make sure you are creating high enough ilvl gear.
    Here is an extremely useful disenchanting guide to help you get the most enchanting mats you can.
    http://www.wow-professions.com/wowgu...ing-guide.html
    Last edited by mmocf34666f852; 2012-11-15 at 02:29 PM.

What is your class? If you got a Hunter/Rogue/Mage or anything that can drop combat I got probably the best way:

Move to Tempest Keep and go to the High Astromancers room, kill the 2 groups that walk around the room (NOT THE ONES IN THE EDGES!) who MC's.

Next you simply pull the stationary groups, even if you try to only pull 1 group, another one will join in on the fight too. These 2 groups consist of some healers which have around 118k hp or something, while the others have 20k I think it is, what you do is simply ONLY kill the 20k HP mobs and leave the 118k hp mobs alone, then drop from combat by vanish/feign. The 118k mobs will leash and because the whole grp was not killed, the 20k hp mobs will spawn again

Loads of cloth, greens and vendorstuff, repeat to infinity and beyond

The whole gather cloth ot DE is amazing

didnt realiz one stack of cloth = 2 pieces of armor that I can DE and they drop like candy.

Dungeons for drops and cloth or farm ore to BS and DE.

For all of the people say "use a tailor": does northrend cloth scavenging work on BC era mobs? I know it works on anything from wotlk->onwards, but not sure about before.

Quote Originally Posted by Sporky0 View Post
    Armour = 75% dust chance, 20% essence chance.
    Weapons = 20% dust chance, 75% essence chance.
    This doesn't seem to be the case anymore. http://www.wowhead.com/item=74250#di...ed-from:0-15+1 Seems to be a ~20-25% chance to get Essence when DEing any green item. Some weapons vendor for over 30 gold and it makes more sense to vendor those than to disenchant them.