10+ Year Old Account

Season 3 Champ Changes

This is something that really haven't even touched or hinted at... but I think we all have certain champions in mind that really need some tweaking and overhauling.

Do you think that the changes will appear last minute to minimize backlash from the community?

10+ Year Old Account
    They've "released" karma changes. Well it was Guinsoo tweeting them. No definite eta on them, but he said what they would be.

they need to hop on that heimer revamp..
    Quote Originally Posted by checking facts View Post
    it's pretty hard to find a good girl in the sea of whores that is my country, brazil.

10+ Year Old Account
    Karma is getting a change.
    Heimer is getting a change.

Sej is apparently getting a change.

Maybe some of the 'jungling' champs will get a little change re: the new jungle.
    We stopped searching for monsters under our beds when we realized that they were inside us.

Tell me something, my friend. You ever dance with the devil in the pale moonlight?

10+ Year Old Account
    In addition to reworking Karma's kit, she's receiving a visual upgrade too. This worries me a bit, as I fear that they'll resort to giving her excessive cleavage and ass for the sake of increasing her usage popularity. It seems that Riot won't get their heads out of their asses by not making a female champion that doesn't look like a whore, minus the few exceptions already in the game right now. (Anivia, Annie, Diana [minus her skin], the female yordles, and Karma pre-rework.)
    Last edited by Thallidomaniac; 2012-11-15 at 07:59 AM.
    Enstraynomic - League of Legends
    TheEnst - Starcraft II

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thallidomaniac View Post
    In addition to reworking Karma's kit, she's receiving a visual upgrade too. This worries me a bit, as I fear that they'll resort to giving her excessive cleavage and ass for the sake of increasing her usage popularity. It seems that Riot won't get their heads out of their asses by not making a female champion that doesn't look like a whore, minus the few exceptions already in the game right now. (Anivia, Annie, Diana [minus her skin], the female yordles, and Karma pre-rework.)
    I don't think they'll take her in that direction (I'll be pissed if they do). I do think they'll make Mantra abilities more visually powerful, the Mantra charges more easily visible, and I do think/really really really hope they'll cut down on the ridiculous hipswaying.

Also, the Karma changes in question, for anyone who hasn't seen them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluesparks View Post
    I don't think they'll take her in that direction (I'll be pissed if they do). I do think they'll make Mantra abilities more visually powerful, the Mantra charges more easily visible, and I do think/really really really hope they'll cut down on the ridiculous hipswaying.

Also, the Karma changes in question, for anyone who hasn't seen them.
    Taking a look at the other female champions gives me a big enough fear that they could resort to making Karma into a whore.

And her "I don't give a fuck" strut is working fine enough for the game already, Riot has no reason to nerf it.
    TheEnst - Starcraft II

10+ Year Old Account
    Taking a look at the other female champions gives me a big enough fear that they could resort to making Karma into a whore.
    There's a good nuimber of females that aren't dressed like complete sluts--Fiora, Irelia, Leona, Diana, Karma, heck even Lux, Shyvana, and Riven (minus Bunny Girl...-shudder-). I really don't think Riot will make that sort of radical aesthetic design change for the sake of whoring Karma out in the hopes of attracting a few more players. She's got a very unique aesthetic design, and--in my opinion--the fullbody, no-skin-showing dress has become an iconic part of that.

That said, I totally agree with your dislike for exploiting sex appeal though. I much prefer girls that aren't trying to get screwed by half the guys on the planet.

And her "I don't give a fuck" strut is working fine enough for the game already, Riot has no reason to nerf it.
    Bugs me, but I'm not Riot, so who knows what they'll do.

If they ever "whore" Karma out, I will personally go there to their offices and flog them in the face.

I can already understand Nidalee because of her joke and her "hidden passive" giving XP to younger boys-- I mean, underleveled teammates.

Whats Nidalees hidden passive and joke?

And tbh, the amount of female champions with excessively large tits and stuff annoys me. I play games to have fun, not worry that someone will walk in during the loading screen. It's just kind of ridiculous, and while it is occasionally okay, it just gets annoying now. Most of the more recent females additionally have very very little visual personality that isn't given by their non humanoid details, ie Zyra, Syndra, and Elise (human). All of these champions derive their visual personality from their clothes, or non-humanoid details (plant stuff for Zyra, spider stuff for Elise) but their actual faces and bodies are eerily similar and dissapointingly devoid of any idiosyncratic qualities.

Please Riot, stop flashing the female champions tits in my face. Elise is an awesome champion, stop making me squirm whenever I pick her because I have to get a face full of her RIDICULOUSLY over the top cleavage thats just spilling out of whatever is failing to keep it in.

If I want sexual satisfaction or eye candy, I won't be coming to LoL, no matter what they do. So please start giving your female champions some dignity. Or at least some of them (the whore-ishness would be absolutely fine if it was in just a few cases... its just too prevalent though).
    "English doesn't so much borrow words from other languages as follows them into a dark alley, hits them over the head and goes through their pockets for loose vocabulary."

Her joke is "Did I mention it's mating season?" and her "hidden passive" makes her give 5 XP every few seconds to teammates that are lower level (if I recall correctly), making jokes about her being a "cougar" appropriate.

10+ Year Old Account
    if you've noticed with their visual upgrades, they have yet to drastically change the way a champion looks. They simply take the same look and make them look better. Like Nidalee still has all the cleavage that she used to, it's just not polygons anymore. When they redid TF, he grew like a foot, but other then that he's pretty much the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuthe View Post
    Karma is getting a change.
    Heimer is getting a change.

Sej is apparently getting a change.

Maybe some of the 'jungling' champs will get a little change re: the new jungle.
    Sej isn't guaranteed to get a change. They've never really said they even want to change her. One of the most recent posts was something along the lines of "Will she be getting tweaks in S3? My guess is maybe. But its just a guess." Or something like that from a red, meaning they have made 0 progress on any tweaks.

---------- Post added 2012-11-15 at 08:35 PM ----------

They got rid of Soraka's sideboob on her new model you know, so no a champion model remake doesn't mean they wear less clothes. Can we not pretend they only make chicas wear bikinis? I feel like someone said it one day and now we all blindly repeat the whole "we want 100% covered up characters."

And isn't it odd that when we get a guy champ who shows some skin, we don't give a shit. But, uh oh, she's showing SKIN?!? Thats unacceptable! I mean really... our last female champ was Elise, and she's showing as much of her torso as Draven does... (both are impractical for the sake of looks/characterization)

Can't we just be more mature and not make a big deal out of nothing? Diana sold well and is played plenty and she's totally covered up. I think the whole "less-clothes more sales" thing is non-sense. Otherwise there'd be way more... Syndras bought on release day.
    Last edited by Bombkirby; 2012-11-15 at 08:36 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bombkirby View Post
    Sej isn't guaranteed to get a change. They've never really said they even want to change her. One of the most recent posts was something along the lines of "Will she be getting tweaks in S3? My guess is maybe. But its just a guess." Or something like that from a red, meaning they have made 0 progress on any tweaks.

Can't we just be more mature and not make a big deal out of nothing? Diana sold well and is played plenty and she's totally covered up. I think the whole "less-clothes more sales" thing is non-sense. Otherwise there'd be way more... Syndras bought on release day.
    They did give Soraka dat ass though.

Diana was a bit overtuned on her release, which also explains why she sold well.

And on the opposite end, the Syndra issue is also because her kit was undertuned on release, leading to her having one of the lowest win rates seen for a release champ. (She was at a 29% win rate or so in Ranked shortly after her release.)
    Last edited by Thallidomaniac; 2012-11-17 at 05:05 AM.
    TheEnst - Starcraft II