Having Trouble Tanking Stone Guards PLease help!

Hello, I am a OT at the moment for my guild. We couldn't progress further in H because I was not able to taunt when I needed to because MT was to preoccupied with staying alive to call out the switches. I am usually told which one to taunt. I understand the mechanics but I cant see all the bosses energy at the same time; therefore, I can't call/taunt the correct Guardian effectively. I have X-Perl as a Unit Frame addon but I can't find an option that will allow me to see the bosses Health/Energy/Cast/ect.... at the same time. If there is any config for X-Perl or any additional addon I can do that will let me see all 4 of their Health and especially their energy at the same time, it would be a great help if you can share that info with me. Thanks in advance

-Solaner

Deleted
    There's an option in DBM that shows a little box with all the 3 bosses energy and who's going to cast the next Petrify.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=3b8Ae-nsQGI

To the left you can see the box I'm talking about. I believe it's one of the last things you can tick, when you go to Stone Guards options in DBM.

Good luck

We did a bunch of tips and tricks for HM puppies for the other 10 man teams in our guild. They may help you guys as well. Please feel free to contact me in game and I'll walk you through exactly how we tank HM puppies. Frontallobe on US Mal'ganis. I'd be happy to help out.

Deleted
    He didn't really ask for tricks or tips on how to tank though, he asked if there's any way to see the bosses energy pool in an easy way

But nice promo of your video lol

If all things fail (which they shouldn't - great hints so far in this thread), try to temporarily deactivate your untiframe addon. WoW itself displays the healthbars of all three guardians on the right side - including their energy of course.

Deleted
    But UI's like ElvUI does that as well and he asks for an easy way to spot the energy of all 3 bosses - hence I suggest he checks his DBM settings. It's really not that complicated.

Quote Originally Posted by Danishgirl View Post
    But UI's like ElvUI does that as well and he asks for an easy way to spot the energy of all 3 bosses - hence I suggest he checks his DBM settings. It's really not that complicated.
    This. ElvUI makes it cake. ElvUI is the best thing as a Tank IMO.

For this fight i drag the boss frames close to the middle of my screen. Have Taunt bound in Clique to my middle mouse button and just watch the energy bars of the dogs. There is a big bright circle under their feet when they petrify so taunting is very easy.

In that regard: Is there ANY way to have the Energy of the puppies directly displayed with their nameplate? I mean the floating thingie above their head that can be (de)activated.

Deleted
    DBM has a raid frame show each stone guard and their enery, if you want something that you can look at and quickly click Xperl (should have, basing this of google searching) a built in boss frame that you can config to your liking. Alternatively get a simplier unitframe or spend time to properly config it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fiercon View Post
    In that regard: Is there ANY way to have the Energy of the puppies directly displayed with their nameplate? I mean the floating thingie above their head that can be (de)activated.
    Tidy Plates+Threat Plates *may* be able to do this. It can attach all sorts of extra info to the plate (even including a warlock's dots with their duration). Their energy may be internally handled in the same way as rage/focus/mana/runic power and so on which it can already track. And also Threat Plates makes a plate massive when you've lost threat in a kind of "Taunt Now" type of warning.

Stuf unit frames also have some very nice and configurable boss frames. You can download it, and turn off everything else.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hotsforyou View Post
    This. ElvUI makes it cake. ElvUI is the best thing as a Tank IMO.

For this fight i drag the boss frames close to the middle of my screen. Have Taunt bound in Clique to my middle mouse button and just watch the energy bars of the dogs. There is a big bright circle under their feet when they petrify so taunting is very easy.
    I like ElvUI for tanking as well but I'd still like to point out, that what the OP is asking for, isn't really what anyone of you have suggested

DBM is the only thing that actually provides what he's looking for.

Quote Originally Posted by Danishgirl View Post
    DBM is the only thing that actually provides what he's looking for.
    well in general he just wants boss frames that display the energy ^^
    the dbm thing does that, but imo it is rather bad, I prefer to have it in bar form so with a quick glance I can see exactly how far the energy is (then again I am more of a visual person, some people prefer just the numbers), plus after that he still has to look around, find them mob he has to target and click on him (or make 4 macros I guess), instead of just clicking on the boss frame and taunting

xperl in theory should have boss frames somewhere (although on the curse site there is a preview pic of the options and I don't see it, might just be an old picture (edit: yeah it's an old picture from 2.3, while the release is on 3.6)), try to dig around in the options, if it doesn't, use the default UI or use some different unit frames that do have that option