Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Danishgirl View Post
    I'd recommend not using 2 healers, since Arcane Resonance and the the spear phase will hurt a lot. We killed Heroic Feng 27 days ago, that's a lot of gear ago as well and we managed with 3 healers. We never even considered only using 2, cause that would be just about impossible the way I see it.
    That's not how 2 healing works. 2 healing gives you an extra DPS, which makes the fight easier to heal because you don't spend as long on the fight and certain painful phases go quicker or you might even avoid 1 extra set of adds or a velocity cast which makes the fight a LOT easier. It depends on your raid comp though whether you have enough cooldowns for certain parts.

Deleted
    Not sure what you mean by "that's not how 2 healing works", cause no matter what, you still have to cover for that one missing healer. And yes, you shorten the hard phases with an extra dps but then you have to make sure, that you don't get more than 1 Velocity for instance. Cause you can nullify one but you'd have nothing for the next and 2 healing through a Velocity cast will still be brutal.

Not sure what you mean by "that's not how 2 healing works", cause no matter what, you still have to cover for that one missing healer. And yes, you shorten the hard phases with an extra dps but then you have to make sure, that you don't get more than 1 Velocity for instance. Cause you can nullify one but you'd have nothing for the next and 2 healing through a Velocity cast will still be brutal.
    Your healers can't be very good then.

Deleted
    Well that's a good argument, you must be pro.....

10+ Year Old Account

You must be fairly decent geared then, cause I clearly remember how the Arcane Resonance was really nasty - even with 3 healers. That said, you do have a Boomkin for the extra Tranq, so maybe it's fine to 2 heal it now.
    It's completely 2-healable, always has been. Got our kill on 10/17 with 2.
    Aelmagus
    <Delusions of Grandeur>
    [H] Runetotem - US

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Oh, PVP twinks. I thought this was about Anduin.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tradewind View Post
    I am so triggered right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Purrberry View Post
    You want AoE... but only to an extent. You don't want a lock casting rain of fire or a druid just casting Hurricane, because while that is AoE, it's not the best way to do it. So while you do need to focus on AoE, make sure your raid members aren't just casting their base AoE ability because the fight calls for "AoE."
    Can you elaborate on this? Are you saying hurricane is bad for aoe?

It is a good argument. If 2 healers can't handle healing through 1 velocity (as your healers apparently can't) then their not very good.

Deleted
    Well if you're progressing on Heroics surely a certain standard of performance is expected, I'd be concerned if my healers couldn't cope with 2 healing this fight.

We three healed it but in hindsight could have 2 healed it. That being said, it seems safer and easier to just 3 heal it. That was our experience and we certainly aren't claiming elite player status. We typically finish in the top 25% at the end of a tier so by no means speed clearing content. Hope this helps.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Glurp View Post
    It is a good argument. If 2 healers can't handle healing through 1 velocity (as your healers apparently can't) then their not very good.
    I just read what I wrote and my bad. What I meant was, that if you get more than 1 (I don't count the one you can Nullify) Velocity thing that you can't Nullify, then it's going to be hard. I know we Nullify one and Tranq the second. We still 3 heal it though, just cause we don't need extra dps and there's no reason to bench 2 healers. We don't even always get more than 1 Velocity thing - even with 3 healers.

I'd still say, that doing this boss back when we got our first kill with 2 healers would have been hard.

Edit. Just did it again - thinking and writing at the same time.....

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah not a bad boss.

Force the shield phase when you're first learning it to get some practice. You only have ~30 seconds before the ghosts auto port to the shield, so it's just a matter of making sure you can keep them snared/stunned/knocked back long enough for that to happen. After that it's just a matter of your level of AoE DPS. If you can consistently do two of these phases without using the AoE shield thing then do the boss in the 'right' order and proceed to kill the boss.

At this point your only causes of wipe can be poor play on the other phase.

For reference we do: Arcane > Shadow > Lightning > Fire.

we have been 3 healing but honestly could probably do 2 at this point. As our raid dps continues to increase it keeps throwing off our timing of when we push the boss to specific phases. Kind of annoying

Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, the dps timer is so forgiving that 3 healing is possible. In hindsight, we certainly could have 2 healed it on our kill but as we had no idea how the damage went we did 3. If you have decent raid CD's 2 healing is certainly viable.

-Suganem (RL/Adult Swim)