Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Healing should just be 50% less powerfull in 2v2 imo.

Have resilience reduce heals aswell as damage, make healers think more of how much they want the stat.

As it is you just want you and your teammates to have more because that increases your heals vs incoming damage.

Would reduce dps heals too, why should every stat be interesting except resilience.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    This thread is becoming more like a troll thread. It you cannot bare to face a healer and dps in 2s then quit 2s!
    Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

if a dps cant kill a healer 1v1 in arena he should just leave it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Terahertz View Post
    Make it so that healers ARE killable in 1v1 without the help of a teammate peeling and you got yourself somewhat more balanced 2v2 games

EXACTLY!! this is what it was like in classic, BC and wrath (at least for me as a dps) and im not sure WHY blizzard decided to make healers so god damn unkillable in cata
    Quote Originally Posted by Zombiebob
    I'm still waiting on someone to tell me where all these people that suddenly care about Warrior balance were during Cataclysm when they were blow up dolls with plate armor on.
    Quote Originally Posted by cutterx2202 View Post
    Stop complaining to solve your lack of ability, and start reading and practicing to gain ability. Stop trying to bring people down to your level instead of striving to raise yours.

10+ Year Old Account
    All I can think is it's really unfair to force every Priest to go Shadow just to do 2's arena.

A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads lives only one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by shise View Post
    DPS shouldn't be able to kill a healer, jsut as the healer shouldn't be able to kill a DPS. Or else, what's the poing of being healer if you want to solo anything?
    no, dps SHOULD be able to kill a healer 1v1, UNLESS the healer is getting peels by their team mates

if you want a healer healing your ass, make sure you keep him alive by actually helping him, unlike right now (and cata) where a healer doesnt need peels at all due to insane healing and cds

healers can make hundreds of mistakes and not be punished for them as well, back in the days where if you didnt juke interrupts as a healer you died or nearly died if you were on your own, right now its not punishing enough (ie. you can be interrupted, stunned, silenced and still use an insta heal to get back to at least half hp)

also its slows pvp down by a shit load and makes it boring as hell...

and i dont see the problem with healers needing peels to survive, it makes for a more challenging pvp environment and encourages skillful play from both healers AND dps (if you want your healer to stay up you gota make sure you can peel), but of course all the 'pro healers' that have emerged since cata will probably QQ about being nerfed so you need to do more than spam dispells and insta-heals and hots to heal people
    Last edited by Jawless Jones; 2012-11-15 at 02:28 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zombiebob
    I'm still waiting on someone to tell me where all these people that suddenly care about Warrior balance were during Cataclysm when they were blow up dolls with plate armor on.
    Quote Originally Posted by cutterx2202 View Post
    Stop complaining to solve your lack of ability, and start reading and practicing to gain ability. Stop trying to bring people down to your level instead of striving to raise yours.

Just add something like a constant -50% (or 25% or 75%) healing debuff on healing done (probably for healers only) during all the 2v2 arena match, and it should solve the issues...

Go back to the BC healing model with a higher mortal strike debuff, remove some of the silences that have been added, (I mean as a healer have you played against a warrior lately?) limit self healing on all non healing classes, make damage healable without the OP heals of today's healers, and require kills to be set up (not zerged).

Blizzard has worked really hard to make arena in general increasingly more frustrating. They always talk about balance but yet they never make standard pvp gear for all classes. Gear disparity contributes to OP healing and OP damage, and for something that is supposed to be competitive for all classes, "balanced" would make the most sense. But then you run into the "why bother pvping at all?" argument because without gear there really is no reward, and I agree, however pvp has taken a backseat to PVE content for a while and they need to revamp the whole system IMO.

They now have timed dungeons, (and regular dungeons); you could have rated arena with standardized gear and end of season rewards or rating achieved rewards; and you could have battle ground like arenas where you can earn pvp gear and other rewards that could be used in BGs, World PVP and mixed gear for dungeons and raiding.

We all know it needs an overhaul but we sit back and complain and just do very little about it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by naturetauren View Post
    Healing should just be 50% less powerfull in 2v2 imo.
    Then you might aswell not bring a healer, because they'd be useless. In all honesty I can't understand how anyone could possibly be crying about healers at this point. Burst damage aswell as normal damage of various classes is way to high at the moment. Someone running a double DPS combo has a great chance to kill an healer before the other team's dps can kill one of them.
    If you fail to kill an healer with two dps, then you simply do not deserve to win. Yes it is that easy, the other team played better, they survived your burst phase and on the long run they will outlast you. You earned that loss.

Hell a warrior/dk/paladin can pretty much solo an healer without any kind of effort. I see the people I play with doing this on a regular basis.

Quote Originally Posted by Jawless Jones View Post
    no, dps SHOULD be able to kill a healer 1v1, UNLESS the healer is getting peels by their team mates
    No they shouldn't. If they were healers would be utterly useless against 2 or 3 dps and not worth bringing because another DPS would add more to your team then a healer does. You and the other people here are running double dps in the on bracket Blizzard does not care about and even with double dps you're unable the kill an healer.
    If your mate died, then the other team did just as well as you did. So why the heck would you deserve to win? Your mate died! You also lost an team member. You deserve to lose just as much as they do. There's no reason why that healer should just drop dead. Healers aren't an extension of an DPS, they're players in their own rights.
    Last edited by mmoc5e6c40f22c; 2012-11-15 at 08:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by PreTbc View Post
    What about just playing 2v2 in the 2v2 arena instead of 1v1 then ? play with youre mate to kill the other guy! most stupid suggestion ive heard for long.
    And dont just reply by ranting spelling errors

People are missing the point. Dont just say "dont do 2v2 then" - 'if you cant stand the heat get out of the kitchen', Thats stupid to say.

What I'm trying to discuss if you care to actually read, is that sometimes when your team mate dies and one of their team mate dies, its down to 1v1.

Currently Healers are unkillable in 1v1 so Why have that stalemate situation?. What happens when the unstoppable force hits the immovable object?

Quote Originally Posted by mutigerguy20 View Post
    So basically what would happen if you removed dps self heals would be the healer winning in 1v1 almost every time. If you couldn't heal as a dps against a healer 1v1 it would be pointless. Part of the original thread was about not being able to kill healers 1v1.
    you are assuming healers have dps, if all healers had the same level of dps that dps has of healing, you would have bgs equivalent of what low lvl bg was at the start of mop.

also worth to note even in bc it was rare for a healer to kill a dps even a hunter generally requiring outgearing or outplaying mostly a bit of both.

10+ Year Old Account
    Healers should not be unkillable in a 1v1 situation.
    Not being able to win the arena in 2v2 even after killing the enemy team dps because u cant down the healer isnt fun

Deleted
    2v2 no longer has any rewards outside of few achievements. It's mainly used to get higher conq cap or cap the points in general. I see no reason why they should not allow healers to participate in 2s, they're not even balancing the bracket anymore.

Healer wants to cap his points but cannot play 3s or 5s because one team mate is absent. Or perhaps they achieved something for the first time, like 2.2k, and do not wish to risk it just because they need points. He'd forced to farm set for another spec he probably doesn't even wish to play.
    Last edited by mmocb3196d46fe; 2012-11-16 at 02:58 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    This could be the dumbest thread I have ever read on these forums.

One of the most asinine suggestions I've ever read on a gaming forum. Most of the top ranked 2v2 teams are double DPS anyway. Bringing a healer to 2s does not give you any measurable advantage whatsoever over a double DPS comp.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vathius View Post
    I see 2v 2 as more of dps race and who can outsmart who in a game of cat and mouse. 2 dps vs 2 dps, no healing. fast games. Healers should only be in 3's or higher where wows intended class design mechanics come more into play.
    I find it more fun with a healer in the mix, it gives me and my partner something to focus cc on while we nuke down the dps, it really just speeds up the game if the healer is bad lol. It's just a spanner in the mix, imagine how much more warrior/bm hunter before nerfs would have been if there were no healers in the 2's brackets.

Also healers can do a fair bit other than healing. On my Hpala i lock down the other healer or whatever we agree on with repentance, blinding light and hammer, totaling a lot of downtime that my team mate can burst down the other guy during that time. This may seem over powered in 2's, but each class can throw a wrench into that tactic, and its more down to team skill than player skill.
    If you want a fast game and you have the right class combo, i think a healer can be locked down, and one vs two is too much; main cause of loss for healer teams is when the healer gets locked down :P

Tbh i get where OP is coming from though, however i don't think stopping healers would do much. Death knights, Warriors, Paladins, Druids, Priests, Monks all have heals, so i can see some overpowered classes for 2's if speced healers can't go in.

Quote Originally Posted by Vathius View Post
    People are missing the point. Dont just say "dont do 2v2 then" - 'if you cant stand the heat get out of the kitchen', Thats stupid to say.

What I'm trying to discuss if you care to actually read, is that sometimes when your team mate dies and one of their team mate dies, its down to 1v1.

Currently Healers are unkillable in 1v1 so Why have that stalemate situation?. What happens when the unstoppable force hits the immovable object?
    If that's your topic. Your mostly wrong; in a few situations you would be right, but those are down to gear, rng and dps.
    In 1v1 healers are so easily killable, you just need to silence stun, healing absorbs anything :P
    I'm not sure what class you play, but i know as a fact Death Knights and Warriors can definitly take down a healer in 1v1.

However its a gear problem at that point, if you can't dish the damage you won't kill him. If you keep dps'ing with the same level of gear and make sure to interrupt/silence/stun it is doable.
    Last edited by mmocae8a1940ff; 2012-11-16 at 04:17 AM.

Deleted
    im a pvp healer how do u think ppl like me would feel if we just getting locked out of 2s we pay every month just like u do we got some rights here and btw L2P if u cant beat a dps healer combo realy

15+ Year Old Account
    Everyone should be allowed to run any comp they want. Whether it is 2 healers, 2 tank and etc.

I would rather not have a dps race and have more of a cc fight then anything. If anything I think they should tone down the damage. I want longer fights. Not ones where I go in and die from 2 dps in less then 30 seconds.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Deleted
    Atm i feel in 2v2 that healer/dps comps automatically counter double dps comps, eg i queue as ret marks atm used to get 1900+ as the comp, now stuck @ shite rating cos queue vs awful warrior/hpala or hpala/feral or hpala/anything atm, bubble counters burst comps like this too hard, esp with me having to waste 100 focus on rng dispels, or rshaman/warrior for example, even when i play healer/dps it's usually hpala/mage or hpala/hunter and even as mage i feel find weak anytime i queue into a warrior above 1500 and before in cata i used to boost undergeared people to cap @ 1500 without breaking a sweat, idk what it is but it seems lesser skilled people are now doing tons of damage pair a warrior with a healer and you got some real sucess, warriors were bad enough in S11 playing warrior/healer if your healer was good enough, now it's pretty impossible to beat them even if you outplay them.

---------- Post added 2012-11-16 at 08:18 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by apepi View Post
    Everyone should be allowed to run any comp they want. Whether it is 2 healers, 2 tank and etc.

I would rather not have a dps race and have more of a cc fight then anything. If anything I think they should tone down the damage. I want longer fights. Not ones where I go in and die from 2 dps in less then 30 seconds.
    The damage isn't an issue for the most part, it's the immortality of healers, some healers are so good at keeping their partner alive(classwise not skillwise seen lackwits @ 1500 who can keep their partner up vs people who were better rated in cata) that their dps can just troll about the arena eventually landing a kill cos the double dps has no healer or offheals, now this surely can't be intended, 2s was unbalanced as shit in S11, but now this is on another level.