Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Should healers be allowed to participate in 2's?

So fair enough I get that healers should not be able to be killed in a 1 v 1, Coming from a pally healer every expansion since mop I couldn't agree more.

however,

If this is the case and everything is Working as intended, why are healers allowed to still enter 2v2 matches?

If ever the case may be where its down to dps vs healer 1v1,( quite common ) how should this stalemate be reprimanded considering "the game isnt based on 1 v 1" but if its determining the victor of ranked matches then isn't this scenario contradicting blizzards statement?

I see 2v 2 as more of dps race and who can outsmart who in a game of cat and mouse. 2 dps vs 2 dps, no healing. fast games. Healers should only be in 3's or higher where wows intended class design mechanics come more into play.

I couldn't agree more.

It'd just be near impossible to implement without getting an enormous (possibly valid) outcry from the rest of the playerbase.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post
    I couldn't agree more.

It'd just be near impossible to implement without getting an enormous (possibly valid) outcry from the rest of the playerbase.
    Possibly valid?

I disagree. I would like to stipulate however that PvP has been increasingly more frustrating as a whole since arenas were introduced back in TBC. The problem doesnt lie in how healers are unkillable, it lies in how all other classes with healing abilities are unkillable by healers. This dps ability to heal trait makes it so healers can't kill a dps due to self heals, which should not be in place. So instead of making healers pointless they have made them unkillable 1v1, which is stupid.

Class homogenization is leading to the downfall of pvp as a whole. 2v2 used to be about skill as high as even season 8 with a plethora of comps being viable and there being true hard counters to most comps. Skill would usually win out even in some cases where a hard counter was presented. But now we have imbalance and imbalance that is further accentuated by MMR folly as well as gear disparity.

Only good news is they reduced the time limit of arenas to 25 min... :- /

remove dps self heals before removing healers, warriors healing for 1.4mil in a 6minute arena is stupid

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vathius View Post
    So fair enough I get that healers should not be able to be killed in a 1 v 1, Coming from a pally healer every expansion since mop I couldn't agree more.

however,

If this is the case and everything is Working as intended, why are healers allowed to still enter 2v2 matches?

If ever the case may be where its down to dps vs healer 1v1,( quite common ) how should this stalemate be reprimanded considering "the game isnt based on 1 v 1" but if its determining the victor of ranked matches then isn't this scenario contradicting blizzards statement?

I see 2v 2 as more of dps race and who can outsmart who in a game of cat and mouse. 2 dps vs 2 dps, no healing. fast games. Healers should only be in 3's or higher where wows intended class design mechanics come more into play.
    Why exactly do you advocate discrimination here? what if DPS were denied access to 2v2? or tanks? even better... take 2v2 out... take 3v3 out cause you could end up with a healer v healer fight at the end of that...

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Healers going 2s have the pain of facing a mirror match, long games, that is the risk they take.
    The risk we take if we go as double dps is losing to them, but much faster.
    I play double dps and I enjoy it, when we face a healer dps team, we just roll with it, it's no big deal and there is no need to remove healers from 2s.
    Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

Deleted
    i want too say, leave healers out of 2v2!

but then agian, we shouldnt force healers into 3v3/5v5

Deleted
    Would definitely be a good change. If you exclude of poor balance, healer comps are currently what makes 2s so god damn unplayable, annoying, and boring.

10+ Year Old Account
    Make it so that healers ARE killable in 1v1 without the help of a teammate peeling and you got yourself somewhat more balanced 2v2 games

Just give a healing debuff in 2's arena?

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    While heal/dps vs heal/dps teams can be incredibly lame and boring, there's is really no fix for this. If 2v2 was removed, people would whine. I'm not going to go into why removing healers from 2v2 is a bad idea.

The thing is, 2v2 is not balanced (old argument). It's there for easy points, and that is the only purpose it fills. I tend to keep my 2s mmr really low for quick wins when I want points fast for upgrades.

I think the only thing Blizzard can do, is to lower the maximum duraiton of an arena. I think a 25 minute limit is a very good change (this comming from multiple perspectives, mainly hpala/mage in MoP).

Quote Originally Posted by Rahynn View Post
    remove dps self heals before removing healers, warriors healing for 1.4mil in a 6minute arena is stupid
    So basically what would happen if you removed dps self heals would be the healer winning in 1v1 almost every time. If you couldn't heal as a dps against a healer 1v1 it would be pointless. Part of the original thread was about not being able to kill healers 1v1.

What about just playing 2v2 in the 2v2 arena instead of 1v1 then ? play with youre mate to kill the other guy! most stupid suggestion ive heard for long.
    And dont just reply by ranting spelling errors

Make healers killable 1v1 then i wont mind them in 2s. atm only a couple classes have a chance at killing a healer.
    if not, yes remove them from 2s. they are supposed to be a fast way to cap/have fun for lulz not frustrating because mister bajheeraling warriur gets carried by his healer.
    sorry, ranted a bit there.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by felhunter View Post
    i want too say, leave healers out of 2v2!

but then agian, we shouldnt force healers into 3v3/5v5
    I agree but then let's leave pure DPS out of raids. Only hybrids allowed.

---------- Post added 2012-11-15 at 02:56 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Terahertz View Post
    Make it so that healers ARE killable in 1v1 without the help of a teammate peeling and you got yourself somewhat more balanced 2v2 games
    Which in turn would mean that healers are pointless in 3s and 5s. So no that won't work.

But it's 2v2, not 1v1.

You've got your teammate to help you out.

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Terahertz View Post

DPS shouldn't be able to kill a healer, jsut as the healer shouldn't be able to kill a DPS. Or else, what's the poing of being healer if you want to solo anything?

I think the better question is, should healers be allowed to participate in pvp? seriously, it shouldn't take 4 people to take down a moderately geared healer if you want them to die in less than 10 minutes.

no

why allow something TUNED FOR 3v3 to participate in 2v2. it makes no sense, it's stupid and it's a copout