Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Demios View Post
    Atm i feel in 2v2 that healer/dps comps automatically counter double dps comps, eg i queue as ret marks atm used to get 1900+ as the comp, now stuck @ shite rating cos queue vs awful warrior/hpala or hpala/feral or hpala/anything atm, bubble counters burst comps like this too hard, esp with me having to waste 100 focus on rng dispels, or rshaman/warrior for example, even when i play healer/dps it's usually hpala/mage or hpala/hunter and even as mage i feel find weak anytime i queue into a warrior above 1500 and before in cata i used to boost undergeared people to cap @ 1500 without breaking a sweat, idk what it is but it seems lesser skilled people are now doing tons of damage pair a warrior with a healer and you got some real sucess, warriors were bad enough in S11 playing warrior/healer if your healer was good enough, now it's pretty impossible to beat them even if you outplay them.

---------- Post added 2012-11-16 at 08:18 AM ----------

The damage isn't an issue for the most part, it's the immortality of healers, some healers are so good at keeping their partner alive(classwise not skillwise seen lackwits @ 1500 who can keep their partner up vs people who were better rated in cata) that their dps can just troll about the arena eventually landing a kill cos the double dps has no healer or offheals, now this surely can't be intended, 2s was unbalanced as shit in S11, but now this is on another level.
    I personally have no problems killing a healer/dps combo as double dps, but I do have off heals so...I don't think 1 dps should kill a healer. If it just took 1 dpswhat would be the point of healing? A healer can not kill a dps(unless your bad), why should a dps be able to kill a healer? I would rather see an immortal healer then dps that can kill you in 30 seconds, you can say damage is not an issue but I remember in cata or even wotlk the games lasted longer then this.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Quote Originally Posted by Vathius View Post
    So fair enough I get that healers should not be able to be killed in a 1 v 1, Coming from a pally healer every expansion since mop I couldn't agree more.

however,

If this is the case and everything is Working as intended, why are healers allowed to still enter 2v2 matches?

If ever the case may be where its down to dps vs healer 1v1,( quite common ) how should this stalemate be reprimanded considering "the game isnt based on 1 v 1" but if its determining the victor of ranked matches then isn't this scenario contradicting blizzards statement?

I see 2v 2 as more of dps race and who can outsmart who in a game of cat and mouse. 2 dps vs 2 dps, no healing. fast games. Healers should only be in 3's or higher where wows intended class design mechanics come more into play.
    thats what i said in cata 2on2 allready. Healers made no sense in there, just increasing the time of a pointless fight. 2 DDs while stupid tunnelburst at least ends in a few seconds usually. The excpetions may be hybrid setups like laser chicken and shadow priest, doing back to back heals coupled wiht amazing amounts of CONTROL.

The next question for me would be, if Hybrid healers should be allowed in 2s and to extend it in rbgs as well?

Quote Originally Posted by kraethos View Post
    One of the most asinine suggestions I've ever read on a gaming forum. Most of the top ranked 2v2 teams are double DPS anyway. Bringing a healer to 2s does not give you any measurable advantage whatsoever over a double DPS comp.
    Bullshit

Here is the top comps http://www.worldofwargraphs.com/stat...-0-0-0--0.html

And here is the top teams http://www.worldofwargraphs.com/stat...-0-0-0--0.html
    Last edited by Darcyn; 2012-11-16 at 04:30 PM.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    i dont think that healers should necessarily be unkillable by one person, i instead believe it should be able to be done but require quite a bit of determination. i think it should be able to go just about either way and there be some sort of trade off. if you want to just sit there and outheal any damage done to you then i think there should be mechanics in place to prevent the healer from doing any significant damage to the person trying to kill them, thus almost always resulting in a draw.

however if they want to take a more offensive approach i think there should be mechanics put into place that allow the healer to do significant dmg to the person trying to kill them all the while limiting their healing to say that of a warriors or rogues.

i remember back during s2 or s3 i cant really remember, i was doing 3s with my priest and hunter friends and we had a shootout with a team that had a healing druid, i dont remember who the dps were, but anyways it came down to me and a resto druid. i was playing a full demo build and the match ended up taking around 30 mins i think. the druid did a good job of entangling my pet when i was about to charge and line up any kind of cc combo. ultimately i prevailed, however my point is i was still able to do a good enough chunk of damage to him that he was forced to play more defensively and wasnt able to dps me at all except for the occasional moonfire dot.

i dont know, im sure im in the very slim minority that feels this way about healers.
    Last edited by dokilar; 2012-11-16 at 04:42 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Of course healers should be allowed to participate in 2 vs. 2's. Not double healers, but a healer and dps is completely fine. All classes can be killed, even the healing ones. You just need to learn how to do it.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Of course healers should be allowed to participate in 2 vs. 2's. Not double healers, but a healer and dps is completely fine. All classes can be killed, even the healing ones. You just need to learn how to do it.
    I saw in 2s disc and resto druid once and all they did was doing ccs and heals to drive the opposing team mad so it does leave. Luckly this one is rather rare....yet.

Whats not so rare are 2 hybrid healers now. I think, a real healer is rather a fair deal in comparission.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrannica View Post
    I saw in 2s disc and resto druid once and all they did was doing ccs and heals to drive the opposing team mad so it does leave. Luckly this one is rather rare....yet.

Whats not so rare are 2 hybrid healers now. I think, a real healer is rather a fair deal in comparission.
    That is understandable, I wouldn't support that. But 1 healer is okay, and fair enough to have. I mean, double DPS in 2s can do a ton of CC too which drives people mad too, so.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vathius View Post
    Should healers be allowed to participate in 2's?
    short answer:

yes they should, placing restrictions on a bracket that doesn't even matter will just make it less accessible and frustrate people.

(I had a 5 minute game as dps-dps vs healer-dps yesterday, it was fun)

No they shouldn't. Current state of the game makes healers godawful in 2s as they ruin the whole concept whenever a 1v1 happens to occur. Bring healers back to the state of WOTLK and backwards and it no problem, but this nonsense that healers should somehow be immortal regardless of skill in 1v1 is crap, a good dps should be able to EASILY crush a bad healer, not having the bad healer outlive a decent dpsr just because hey, he's a healer.

Quote Originally Posted by fizzbob View Post
    no

why allow something TUNED FOR 3v3 to participate in 2v2. it makes no sense, it's stupid and it's a copout
    So, what you are saying is that NO ONE should be able to play 2v2, due to the fact that PvP is tuned for 3v3 :P

This thread is so full of /fail
    If you want to deny me as a healer to play 2v2 with my brother, I'd like to deny you the chance to PvP at all, simply because someone with an idea like that, HAS to be a bad player in any group, hence destroying for the rest of his group, wich agian should lead to a permanent PvP Bann.
    I honestly think my idea is JUST as good as yours.

had a 10+ minute 2v2 where my warrior-partner couldn't kill either warrior/ret pally on the opposite team ... healers (well apart from some overpowered abilities) aren't the problem ... it's dps healing

edit: if anything classes are 'tuned' for pve balance ... 3v3 may be the most balanced bracket but it's not because of individual class balance
    Last edited by xindralol; 2012-11-17 at 12:30 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Deleth View Post
    Then you might aswell not bring a healer, because they'd be useless. In all honesty I can't understand how anyone could possibly be crying about healers at this point. Burst damage aswell as normal damage of various classes is way to high at the moment. Someone running a double DPS combo has a great chance to kill an healer before the other team's dps can kill one of them.
    If you fail to kill an healer with two dps, then you simply do not deserve to win. Yes it is that easy, the other team played better, they survived your burst phase and on the long run they will outlast you. You earned that loss.

Hell a warrior/dk/paladin can pretty much solo an healer without any kind of effort. I see the people I play with doing this on a regular basis.
    In the middle of expansions they are yet again immortal and never run oom. Then why not just make them crap in 2v2 so we can all be happy?

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    That is understandable, I wouldn't support that. But 1 healer is okay, and fair enough to have. I mean, double DPS in 2s can do a ton of CC too which drives people mad too, so.
    however double DD will end the game fairly quickly, while 2 healers won't and hybrid healers are very annoying as they will never die and have the same burst/cc. I personally get more mad about this than just 2 dds that maybe killed my partner quickly and i have to leave the arena, its annoying but not at the degree as 2 healers or 2 hybrid heals, where i lose and i think its just cause of the setup, which usually means more heals and cc for them.

So, 2 dds is a fair deal in 2s, except 1 of them is capable of offheals.

Deleted
    Remove all these OP selfheals as dps, and i'm playing disc priest, they arent that powerful as other healers.

---------- Post added 2012-11-17 at 05:25 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by naturetauren View Post
    In the middle of expansions they are yet again immortal and never run oom. Then why not just make them crap in 2v2 so we can all be happy?
    That's why they capped caster's mana so that won't happen. And also I don't think it will be like in other expansions since we will be able to upgrade our items, imagine 2.2k weapon that is upgraded,which can be upgraded twice (3?).

15+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, it's always a great idea to alienate a portion (a decently sized one at that) of your playerbase by excluding them from something.

Oh wait. No it isn't.
    Fenixdown (retail) : level 60 priest. 2005-2015, 2022-???? (returned!)
    Fenixdown (classic) : level 70 priest. 2019 - present

Why AREN'T healers killable 1v1? Healers should prolong death, not make someone immortal.. If it was balanced so that healers are killable, but can do some dps too, 2s would be doable, in 3s matches wouldn't last as long but healers would still have a very valid use.

(This could just be me talking from playing Bloodline Champions) and healing works there...

15+ Year Old Account
    Allowed? lol. Nah, they're not going to be banning a certain playstyle from a certain arena.

That's definitely a great idea. Because fuck healers. Seriously, guys. Great idea.

Certain kinds of classes and specs shouldn't be allowed to participate in certain parts of the game. No, guys, seriously. Seriously.

The Lightbringer GKLeatherCraft's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I disagree, you're supposed to work as a team, Plus it's not that healers can't be killed, it's just people not knowing their class alot of the time, i have downed every type of healer in 1v1, it's about timing your interupts/silences whatever properly, ofcourse if you come across a very well geared healer who knows his shit, you can have a long match:P But i see no reason why it shouldn't be allowed

Deleted
    Who cares about 2s?