mut rotation ? single n aoe

with the anticipation talent is it better to use envenom with 5 combo points ? how bad it is to use env with 4 cps ?

and when doing windlord in HoF i realised like holy sht what rotation should i be using to maximize my damage, should i fok or mut .. snd rupture envenom or use crimson tempest, any proper guide would be good since i am totally lost.

- With anticipation it is indeed better to use envenom at 5cp rather than 4. I've done no maths, but I would wager it's significantly bad enough that you wouldn't want to use 4cps.

- I'm not content that this is the best way, but I try and keep up SnD during AoE with an envenom (unless obscene amount of adds). FoK trumps mut as a combo point builder at around 4 adds (someone can be more specific here). Crimson Tempest is good at 4-5+ targets (again, correct if I'm out of date here) and I believe there is also a CT bug that's worth mentioning, I haven't played in a while now though so I'm not up to speed on it.

Keeping up rupture is very nice for the extra energy regen, I would claim (without proof) that it is optimal to keep it rolling on 1 target.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

Deleted
    I'd also like some clarification on Wind Lord please, got 2 502 daggers last night (finally!) and ofc went Assassination from Combat, but there were 5 adds on Wind Lord and I wasn't 100% sure what the best AoE was, I just FoK spammed and Crimson Tempested on 5CP's, I did around 130k dps but thats very low for thats boss -.-

Thoughts?

Mutix

Quote Originally Posted by Mutix View Post
    I'd also like some clarification on Wind Lord please, got 2 502 daggers last night (finally!) and ofc went Assassination from Combat, but there were 5 adds on Wind Lord and I wasn't 100% sure what the best AoE was, I just FoK spammed and Crimson Tempested on 5CP's, I did around 130k dps but thats very low for thats boss -.-

Thoughts?

Mutix
    You can save up 10 combo points and envenom then CT/fok for max poison dmg

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Enhshamanlol View Post
    Do you do that every time?

Do you do that every time?
    Not all the time. But If I need heavy aoe yes.

Deleted
    Not all the time. But If I need heavy aoe yes.
    Well my question was about Wind Lord with 5 adds, so during that phase would you save 10CP every time?

Well my question was about Wind Lord with 5 adds, so during that phase would you save 10CP every time?
    Only tryed it as combat so. can't really help you on that. Sorry.

Well. If you wanna pad meters, go for it. But i would not do it. I don't feel aoeing them down is "right" when they have over 100m hp each

Deleted

Well. If you wanna pad meters, go for it. But i would not do it. I don't feel aoeing them down is "right" when they have over 100m hp each
    Errr, you should be AoEing? Everyone should?

Errr, you should be AoEing? Everyone should?
    When I did it we single targeted it.

They share health pools, it doesnt really matter where u appropriate the damage, just maximize it. if you do more aoe'ing, then aoe.

sorry u mean 10 combo points, mean 5 cp on anticipation,5 cp on current target.

evenom with 5 cp, CT with 5 cp (preciously from anticipation). and start to spam Fok again to 10 combo points (as above) and do it again?

are u keeping slice and dice and rupture up on current target while doing above?

Quote Originally Posted by Refrakt View Post
    sorry u mean 10 combo points, mean 5 cp on anticipation,5 cp on current target.

evenom with 5 cp, CT with 5 cp (preciously from anticipation). and start to spam Fok again to 10 combo points (as above) and do it again?

are u keeping slice and dice and rupture up on current target while doing above?
    I haven't really tryed it as a full rot. Only for burst aoe

Deleted
    you usually have between 5 and 6 mobs up. I don't know if FoK on 5 targets followed by a 5 CP CT is as good as mut to 5 and then CT.

Quote Originally Posted by nzall View Post
    you usually have between 5 and 6 mobs up. I don't know if FoK on 5 targets followed by a 5 CP CT is as good as mut to 5 and then CT.
    Yeah, Idk. I need to play around with aoe more

I'd be pretty sure that FoK will quickly destrip mutilate as a combo builder, it costs 20 less energy and afflicts and procs deadly poison. Crimson tempest is harder to judge, but I'd be confident that it will beat envenom at 5 targets, possibly 4 (assuming full duration of the dot).

I'll see if sims can help me out here a bit later.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryme View Post
    I'd be pretty sure that FoK will quickly destrip mutilate as a combo builder, it costs 20 less energy and afflicts and procs deadly poison. Crimson tempest is harder to judge, but I'd be confident that it will beat envenom at 5 targets, possibly 4 (assuming full duration of the dot).

I'll see if sims can help me out here a bit later.
    mutilate also procs deadly poison, i believe, it can even proc it 2X i think.

CT is kinda bugged atm with anticipation. lets say you have 5 CP and 3 anticipation charges and you do CT, you will get 5 CP back. if you had 2 charges you would get 4 CP back. i would think it would be more efficient to get to maybe 7-8 CP then CT (get 4-5 back, if 4 FoK) then envenom. 8 cp earned, 10 CP used

Quote Originally Posted by nzall View Post
    mutilate also procs deadly poison, i believe, it can even proc it 2X i think.
    ldo he meant this applies poison to all targets which will do a lot more poison damage than mutilate if you have 5+ targets around.

Regarding the finishers, top wol parses suggest either sparing use of CT or no use at all (which would probably mean rupture on additional targets when able to), and both seem to be able to pull top numbers.
    Personally i was doing fok as combo gen and evenom to keep snd up / rupture on main target and CT when I was able to squeeze in an extra finisher. Did solid dps overall.