Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    You complain about 100k+ crits? Try rerolling a paladin with ~60k hammer of wrath crits... My warrior was critting twice the damage of my paladin when he was 85 and paladin was 90(execute vs hammer of wrath)...

Quote Originally Posted by Kuhva View Post
    It better than it was in Cata, but along way off its glory days in Wrath. (I am pretty sure in Early Cata raid gear it was hitting for half as much as it was in ICC)

I am not sure how much mine hits for, as so many bosses have ways to increase your damage or adds. I think if I get a double crit it hits for about 120k (60k each blade)
    its not each blade,, its the hit when it goes to hit the target, then passing the target it hits it again on its return trip

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by stalkerzzzz View Post
    Well not to it nit pick but where was it you saw our galive toss hitting for more than killshot?
    I agree that killshot doesn't hit very hard and can use some love, but both of Killshots averages in non-crit and crit are hitting for double your glaive toss.
    Which was not what you stated it was doing so that picture just proves your point to be wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Insincere View Post
    Well not to it nit pick but where was it you saw our galive toss hitting for more than killshot?
    I agree that killshot doesn't hit very hard and can use some love, but both of Killshots averages in non-crit and crit are hitting for double your glaive toss.
    Which was not what you stated it was doing so that picture just proves your point to be wrong.
    Look at damage and not at avg non-crit/crit. Glaive Toss hits the main target twice.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ah same as Cata then? should just rename it to tickle shot already ;D

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Insincere View Post
    You dont have any clue about hunters do you?
    Glaive toss -> you throw two glaives
    Multiply his average hit X2 and average crit X2

fuck, stupid iphone, lost whole post -.-
    long story short:
    Can't compare to ohter classes! hunter has a lot of passiv damage. autoshot, pet, dots (including aMoC, DB, stampede etc.), thus our damage from single ablities has traditionally been lower then other classes'
    KS is in a well enough spot in PvE, it's a high prio spell due to great dmg/focus and dmg/gcd values. (and can be used twice in a row)

if KS is hitting for less than GT thats not a problem, because GT is a high CD high DMG ability. it's a problem when it starts hitting for less than Arcane or Cobra...
    and the cause of this is often the lower ilevel of the weapon compared to the rest of the gear.
    e.g. I have avg 478 gear (w/o wep) and a 463 wep. now if you remember how much dmg you did in your first lfr runs (when you just past the 460) you will see what a ton of a difference 15 ilvls can be. if you get a higher ilvl weap, your KS will increase quite a bit.
    and also remember: weapon dmg dependant spells have quite a bit of a damage range, just because you saw a GT and a KS hit for each 70k once, doesn't mean they do the same avg damage. (and as I mentioned, it doesn't really matter which of the 2 does more dmg)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Atomsk69 View Post
    its not each blade,, its the hit when it goes to hit the target, then passing the target it hits it again on its return trip
    I was going by how the skill is written:

You hurl two glaives toward a target, each dealing X damage to each enemy struck and reducing movement speed by 30% for 3 sec. The primary target will take 8 times as much damage from each strike

The Glaives will return back to you, damaging and snaring targets again as they return.

I would swear blind that hits secondary targets twice on its way to the primary targets , then twice more on the return for a total of 4x. But only hits the primary target a total of 2x (i.e both glaives hitting once)

Though there is little point in arguing about this as it will work out the same.

Yes main target gets hit twice for 400% the dmg,
    The targets on the way get hit 4x for 100% dmg.

Killshot is free and we can spam it....but i am somewhat jealous of execute crits sometimes. It's whatever though, different abilities are different.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ettan View Post
    You dont have any clue about hunters do you?
    Glaive toss -> you throw two glaives
    Multiply his average hit X2 and average crit X2
    His response was clarity enough thanks, no I haven't played my hunter in a long while, hence why I opened up my reply with a question and acknowledge i was wrong.
    You could have made your point without sounding like an ass.

I do want to level my prot warrior though. With high vengeance, our prot warrior tank hits for like, 1m damage executes on H-Gara'jal (this was during progression where he started sacrificing blocking for executes). It's kind of ridiculous.

I'd rather have KS hit tons harder, cost focus, and not have that reset portion to it, than it hitting like toothpicks, cost no focus, and sometimes hard to use in lagging/FPS demanding situations.
    <Guiles Theme Song> @ Mal'Ganis-US Horde 20-man 10/10M 8/10M, currently recruiting all
    Stream: http://www.twitch.tv/timoseewho

Deleted
    The main problem i think is that KS has a 10s CD (and bugs) and Execute has no CD. In 10s a medium warrior can generate enought resources for 2 executes or 3.

I meet some warriors that can meke 4 Executes in 10s without problem.

KS is free but it has low dmg in comparison with other finishers. And to the paladin who said that his HoW did 60ks, i do that with my lvl 89 with shitty gear (itm lvl 400 or less).

Quote Originally Posted by stalkerzzzz View Post
    Look at damage and not at avg non-crit/crit. Glaive Toss hits the main target twice.
    Stalkerzzzz, you should delete your hunter.

Of course the total dmg from glaive will be higher, you are using it for the whole fight, while kill shot is used only in execution phase.
    From your own picture, you could see how many times you used kill shot an how many glaives.
    Your KS crits are double that the crits from glaive.
    Also, KS doesn't bug out, if you are 40 yards away from your target, you won't be able to shoot your second KS untill the first one has hit the target. And also, KS doesn't cost any focus :P

As I said delete your hunter and stop talking out of your ass, it's embarrassing.
    Last edited by Nitewatcher; 2012-11-16 at 01:16 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitewatcher View Post
    Stalkerzzzz, you should delete your hunter.

Of course the total dmg from glaive will be higher, you are using it for the whole fight, while kill shot is used only in execution phase.
    From your own picture, you could see how many times you used kill shot an how many glaives.
    Your KS crits are double that the crits from glaive.
    Also, KS doesn't bug out, if you are 40 yards away from your target, you won't be able to shoot your second KS untill the first one has hit the target. And also, KS doesn't cost any focus :P

As I said delete your hunter and stop talking out of your ass, it's embarrassing.

Killshot Crit= 129817
    Glaive Toss Crit= 68732 x2 = 137464.

your wrong.

I want Killshot to behave like execute,meaning it increases its damage based off of your focus, consuming all focus.Keep the 10 sec CD and remove the reset killshot thing.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Shadows gather when the raven swallows the day. Burning sky is extinguished as black wings fold gently about the heavens. Rest, my children, rest. For even the sun must sleep. (Source)

You forget one thing: KS is also shot in pairs, and it's CD is only 10 sec, not 15.
    Overall, KS overcomes glaive by a mile in the kill phase.
    Why do you think all the sims put it on top?

people saying kill shot doesn't cost anything and it doesn't have gcd are you fucking stupid?

it does have cooldown (x2 kill shot 20% lower hp almost never work in pvp..)

execute doesn't have cooldown..
    "We live in a world where a style of play that uses posession and passing to try and make spaces is made fun of.
    While a style of play where a team sits back for 90 minutes and breaks away in 1v1 situations is respected."
    - Ronald Koeman.

Quote Originally Posted by Demetrion View Post
    As I recall it, Kill Shot is off GCD and costs no resource.

Execute however uses most of the rage warrior has and is on GCD with other abilities.

But I also agree, they should buff it's damage a bit.
    I would trade 50 or so focus and only a single KS for it to do 300k+ damage, they could even raise the CD. I would even settle for getting rid of the reset mechanic (which doesnt always work anyway) and doubling the damage.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    I do want to level my prot warrior though. With high vengeance, our prot warrior tank hits for like, 1m damage executes on H-Gara'jal (this was during progression where he started sacrificing blocking for executes). It's kind of ridiculous.
    Execute dmg for prot warriors is going to be capped at their max HP to prevent such insane dmg. Can't remember if this was a hotfix or PTR info though...
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.