Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Which class to solo old content now?

I decided to level one character for the sole purpose of being able to solo as much of the old raids and dungeons as I can.

Now, I heard that a Blook DK is the best for that, but I don't like playing them much, so which other class would you guys recommend?

BM Hunter?

10+ Year Old Account
    I've been able to solo a good chunk of old world content if not most as a Retribution Paladin. Protection can do well for survivability.

Lucky for you in the next patch some old world bosses with weird mechanics are being nerfed for the sake of players at the current level cap to be able to complete this content alone. Mostly in pursuit of Transmog pieces.

BM Hunter I would also recommend. Survivability is big when soloing content, old or new. I only recommend paladin since it can tank, damage and heal to some degree despite what spec. Though I wouldn't recommend Holy since you only have a few, maybe three, legitimate offensive abilities.

Blood dk #1
    Prot paladin #2

Warlocks are pretty beast for this now
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I would say blood dk! 100% for sure, even with just my honor pvp set I was able to down current content solo...specifically mogu'shan palace, full clear on normal...but on heroic I couldn't get past 2nd boss.

As for old raids pre-cata at least can be solo'd, but some that have mechanics that make you loose control or crap tons of cc not so much, unless you get lucky and resist quite a few..all the old dungeons and heroics should be solo-able even in cata it could be done most likely, as for cata raids maybe a few bosses, but not all...this is all assuming your going to use a blood dk though, those shield absorbs and self heals are amazing!
    Last edited by jmmathe1988; 2012-11-15 at 07:00 AM.

Blood Dks will always be number 1 raid soloers.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Count Zero View Post
    Warlocks are pretty beast for this now
    One of the best really with demon hunting glyph or void walker :P

prot pally + harsh words

Lucky for you in the next patch some old world bosses with weird mechanics are being nerfed for the sake of players at the current level cap to be able to complete this content alone. Mostly in pursuit of Transmog pieces.
    Source for this?

Warriors are actually extremely strong right now as soloers. With second wind you are pretty much a god. There are times when you just cannot die ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Harsesis View Post
    Source for this?
    "Raid groups are no longer necessary to enter pre-Mists of Pandara raid dungeons. Enemies in these raids that previously required more than one player to defeat are now more easily dealt with by players battling alone."

Front page.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

Quote Originally Posted by GuiZe View Post
    Lucky for you in the next patch some old world bosses with weird mechanics are being nerfed for the sake of players at the current level cap to be able to complete this content alone. Mostly in pursuit of Transmog pieces
    which bosses are we talking about? And what mechanics? This would be incredibly useful to know...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Harsesis View Post
    Source for this?
    Front page patch notes

1. Blood Dk's
    2. Prot pally / Guardian Druid / Hunter.
    3. The rest.

That's pretty much how it has been lately and I think it is still very similar. Prot paladins and guardian druids are strong tanks, but have less self-healing than blood dk's and are therefore a bit worse. However, their tanking and self healing still ranks them above the other classes. Hunters have great tanking pets and have advantage of their pet and their ranged combat in certain fights, but may have trouble with some very hard hitting bosses (I'm not sure).

Just check the class forums, pretty much every one has a "solo old content" thread where you can see how well they progress.

As a guardian druid, I'm having a lot of fun soloing old content now. Blood DK is better, but I just can't stand playing DK -.-

Note: this is an opinion, not facts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dynati View Post
    Patience and reason do appear to be in short supply these days in the gaming community.

Quote Originally Posted by mellowconundrum View Post
    which bosses are we talking about? And what mechanics? This would be incredibly useful to know...
    and blizzard won't tell us... Which is why when this patch hits I'm going to see how Razorgore acts to me running in there... because I hate locking down a guildie for that fight
    ...Made it through 9 years of wow...

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jmmathe1988 View Post
    I would say blood dk! 100% for sure, even with just my honor pvp set I was able to down current content solo...specifically mogu'shan palace, full clear on normal...but on heroic I couldn't get past 2nd boss.
    I soloed Brewery on my blood DK when I was 87, in unenchanted quest greens. Only wiped on the big bubble trash before the last boss...
    Tells a lot about the content.
    But yes, blood DK is the king of soloing stuff for obvious reasons.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mellowconundrum View Post
    As far as we know it will be Razorgore, the first boss in Blackwing Lair. Also the first boss of Black Temple, the Naga Warlord, will have his bubble shield nerfed so it doesn't heal him as much and doesn't remain active for as long as it used to. Though the patch notes didn't specify themselves.

Also you will no longer have to be in a raid group to enter said old content.

10+ Year Old Account
    Do you guys think we will be able to solo gunship (ICC) in 5.1??
    Quote Originally Posted by Unknown
    "The world is a magical place full of people waiting to be offended by something"
    Quote Originally Posted by Bertrand Russell
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time"

10+ Year Old Account
    I like my prot warrior. While not the unkillable god that DKs are, the absorb shield is extremely useful, and I don't die to gravity attacks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vampyrr View Post
    Warriors are actually extremely strong right now as soloers. With second wind you are pretty much a god. There are times when you just cannot die ever.
    there are also times when, due to your healing only kicking in at 30% you can still get one shot, where a blood dk would be at 100% when he took that hit and still have 60% of his life left.