Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Assault on Zan'vess Video, Battle.net World Championship, Raid Schedule, Blue Posts

Purpose of Monster Power, MP10 Purist. Blue Posts, Barbarian Fanart

Patch 5.1 PTR Notes Update - November 8

Assault on Zan'vess Scenario
    Today we take a look at Assault on Zan'vess, one of the new Scenarios in Patch 5.1.

Battle.net World Championship Official Trailer
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    Over the past year, more than 600 players from around the world competed in one of the most epic eSports contests ever. The field has now been narrowed to 32 StarCraft II players and 10 World of Warcraft Arena teams, and each is set to face off for more than $500,000 in prizes and the title of world champion.

The Battle.net World Championship kicks off at 6:00 p.m. PST this Friday, November 16, and you can catch all the action live, FREE, and in HD by visiting http://battle.net/bwc. Read all about it in our latest press release.

New Battle.net World Championship Event Site Open
    This Friday the Battle.net World Championship will take Shanghai, China by storm. To make sure that you have all the information you need, we've launched a brand new event site complete with player profiles, brackets, event schedule, and more. Keep up on all the World of Warcraft and StarCraft II event news and make sure you're ready to take in all the action live on the free stream starting at 6:00 PM PST Friday, November 16.

Terrace of Endless Spring Now Available & Raid Schedule
    The latest Normal difficulty Mists of Pandaria Raid dungeon is now available: Terrace of Endless Spring. All Heart of Fear bosses are also now available in Raid Finder.

To access the new Raid Finder dungeons, you will need to meet a minimum item level (ilevel) requirement of 470.

Here is the current schedule for these Raid releases:

Wednesday, November 14 - Second half of Heart of Fear on Raid Finder and Normal Terrace of Endless Spring
    Wednesday, November 21 - Heroic Terrace of Endless Spring and Terrace of Endless Spring on Raid Finder

Blue Posts
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Let’s Talk About Brawler’s Guild
    Will gear levels be throttled for the fights so that progression raiders and/or PvPers have no preexisting advantage, and the bragging rights are solely based on player skill?
    Stat scaling isn't currently planned for the Guild, no. Skill will absolutely factor in, especially at high Ranks, but bragging rights in this context can certainly also include raw character power. The fights aren't tuned for stat scaling, and beyond that, gear is an important part of World of Warcraft. We don't want to go too crazy with eliminating its value by over-using stat scaling.

Naturally, and as with all things, we might revise that perspective in the future, but it's not on the table at the moment. (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)

Updated Character Models
    Nope, unfortunately we can't share anything just yet. But we will as soon as we can! (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)

Mage (Forums / Skills / Talent Calculator)
    Water Jet
    I don't think we've seen the last of it. Delayed is more likely than scrapped, I'd say.
    I think that's a fair assessment. We weren't happy with how this spell was working out on the PTR, and pulled it for now. We're looking into giving it some more polish, and possibly implementing it when the time is right.

Blue Tweets
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Classes
    Rep is more "mandatory" for raiding than the head enchant was in Wrath/Cata since it gives you more advantage.
    There were no alternatives to head enchants. There are better pieces than every valor item. (Source)

Was it a mistake 2 add talents that were available 2 each spec in cata available for an entire class. Arms getting shckwve etc
    We think that's what makes the talents fun. Choosing a spec for one ability was less so.

If heal reduction in pvp isn't enough, would you consider mana regen nerf? Burst damage rules when mana is infinite, right?

Not sure. A lot of healers in PvP complain about mana already. (Source)

Could u write a dev watercooler about class rotations; why it was important that arc mage/bm hunter got more buttons?
    Players complained that one-button-wonders could top meters, but others would complain if they paid a simplicity tax. (Source)

"Movement should be terrible for a ranged spec. Full stop." Can you justify the hunter changes in light of that?
    Definitely worried that moving will be too good for hunters, but it was better than Aspect twisting. (Source)

Druid (Forums / Skills / Talent Calculator)
    What's this new Tooth & Claw for druid bears in 5.1ptr? Just curious what gap it fills, add more variation?
    Maul is kind of a dead button since rage is better spent on defenses much of the time now. This is an attempt to solve that. (Source)

Hunter (Forums / Skills / Talent Calculator)
    I know you aren't ignoring MM, but do you really think the minor changes in 5.1 will be enough for it to be viable?
    We increased the duration of Steady Focus, which is both a quality of life and DPS increase. (Source)

Do spirit beasts do more dps than regular pets since panda?
    That's not our intent. They shouldn't. We'll have to check if they don't if that's the contention. (Source)

<3 the Fox changes, but what about "ranged should lose DPS while moving"? Will u reintroduce a penalty like sniper training?
    We might reintroduce Sniper Training if hunters never stop moving, but not for 5.1.

Nerfing froststorm breath? BM AOE is already horrible. Why nerf it more?
    I think data mining is picking up changes we hotfixed in weeks ago. Don't assume datamined tooltip changes are real changes. (Source)

So I was curious to see the 5.1 patch notes contained nothing in regards to BM hunters having reduced damage output.?
    Their damage output is fine. Their damage output in a short window is not, and that's where we targeted the changes. (Source)

Mage (Forums / Skills / Talent Calculator)
    Did the mage change to Invocation not make it in this last PTR patch?
    Not sure we're going to change it. Mages might stop Evocating ever. (Source)

Paladin (Forums / Skills / Talent Calculator)
    Word of Glory has been bugged since MoP came out, being treated as a ranged attack. Doesn't work out of attack range or LoS
    It's because of the glyph of Harsh Words. Not sure how to fix. (Source)

Seriously do something about that Execution Sentence, it's pure garbage..don't make us all use Holy Prism
    Exec is the most popular last I looked. Might depend on your spec. (Source)

rPaladins Mastery: Hand of Light double dips from resilience, making it do half the damage. Any chance to make it ignore resi?
    We'll look at it. It happens in a few other places too (Combustion maybe?).

What's the deal with holy pallys having no damaging aoe? And don't say talents cover it
    Holy has great CC, decent mobility, lots of instants and good ranged damage. It's okay for them to have some limitations. (Source)

Priest (Forums / Skills / Talent Calculator)
    Any pvp buff for poor disc priest in pvp?
    Thinking of bringing Focused Will back.
    Dear God no, no disc priest in his or her right mind wants more Rapture. Mana return on archangel, sure.
    Not crazy about buffing Archangel. That makes Smite more mandatory. (Source)

What is your reason for buffing Mindbender instead of PW:Solace? Mindbender has now become mandatory. I hope solace gets buff.
    We haven't buffed Mindbender lately AFAIK. Solace was considered mandatory in beta. (Source)

Would you consider removing the group-target limitation from Prayer of Healing? It's starting to feel dated.
    Talking about it, but that does make PoH into Chain Heal / Holy Radiance. I do feel smart when I use PoH well. (Source)

Are you planning any Disc buff other than Mass Dispel? Disc is weak atm.
    We didn't change Mass Dispel (except for Symbiosis version). (Source)

Rogue (Forums / Skills / Talent Calculator)
    Rogues don't find your game and many are going to quit if they don't see good changes in 5.1. Stop telling us what we find fun

What if I tell you what I find fun and you tell me what you find fun & everyone stops trying to be the voice of the community. (Source)

Was Cold Blood removed because of Shadow Blades? Would really love it back. Good on-demand burst & loved the visual.
    Cold Blood helped make rogues not care about crit as a stat. (Source)

Warrior (Forums / Skills / Talent Calculator)
    Can you guys make gag order prot only and usable against players. Think the change hurts prot flag carriers. (Source)
    GC explain gag orders removal from pvp so i can understand why
    Warriors have high mobility and damage. If you escape them you should be somewhat safe (and warriors always have Storm Bolt). (Source)

Is recklessness granting immunity to fear intended? Currently It does, but the tooltip doesn't say so.
    It's a leftover bug. Fixed in 5.1 I believe. (Source)

PvP warriors will lose silence on heroic throw. Its going to make us very weak against ranged classes with snares.
    I understand, but if you can easily counter anything thrown at you, the other guy has no options. (Source)

H throw silence is skillless? How about counter spell etc True they should get rid of all blanket silence
    We don't think HT silence is "skillless." It was just too much with all the other tools and we didn't want to hurt e.g. mobility. (Source)

Warrior Cd stacking was bad, but losing the rage from avatar will really hurt, any plans to buff some sustained dmg?
    We increased the duration to offset the rage loss. (Source)

Shield block allows skilled warriors to play both offensive & defensive when needed. DBTS is just pop & keep bursting, boring.
    I like the idea of Shield Block but don't you think many warriors will just complain more about needing shields for defense?
    DBTS also replaced both retalitation & shield block. Warrior went from the most rewarding class to a one-dimensional class imo
    DBTS was an answer to all those warriors who hated to have to use a shield for Shield Wall.
    If you made wep. swap intuitive part of Warrior kit (ie, base UI support / Druid GCD leniency), would go over better
    Yeah agree. Would love to do this. (Source)

Regarding Cold blood response... Does warrior not care about crit because of recklessness?
    Warriors have extra mechanics to make crit more valuable. Note that we did lower it from 100% to 50% a couple of expansions ago. (Source)

Baneling Pet
    The Baneling is included in the Heart of the Swarm Digital Deluxe edition and Collector's Edition.

Last edited by chaud; 2012-11-15 at 09:38 AM.

Im happy with Tooth and Claw. Its really boring just spamming Frenzied Regen on 99% of the fights.

15+ Year Old Account
    I approve of the baneling pet. It burrows! huzzah!

10+ Year Old Account
    update the text at the new old scenario btw. As its both horde and alliance. not alliance only.

Deleted
    Id love that baneling pet.

"We don't think HT silence is "skillless." It was just too much with all the other tools and we didn't want to hurt e.g. mobility."
    Because of that, we neft the mobolity part of Avatar. F%$ blizzard logic :yaoming:

DK - Not a single change since 1947

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by T-Gaston View Post
    "We don't think HT silence is "skillless." It was just too much with all the other tools and we didn't want to hurt e.g. mobility."
    Because of that, we neft the mobolity part of Avatar. F%$ blizzard logic :yaoming:
    They are nerfing too many things at once and I really don't think they will be able to control it.
    Imo the blanket silence nerf is needed but it should still interrupt. With Avatar movement nerf it will be much easier to kite/root warriors when needed and it is in these situations a ranged interrupt is really needed.

As for rogue tweet (main is rogue). WTF! Every rogue forum out there is overflowing with rogues saying the class lost it's charm and this shitty answer is all GC can come up with That guy needs to get his head out of his ass and listen to the community.

/noob

Blizz just keep piling on the horrible with this expansion.

Deleted
    Cold blood makes rogues not care about crits? Because having 1 planned crit every 2 minutes totally makes other crits obsolete? What are they smoking?

10+ Year Old Account
    The answer to EVERY warrior nerf for the last 4 years: "because of mobility".

10+ Year Old Account
    overall good changes, baneling pet is creepy as fck tho ;o

Maybe you should note the blue tweets in this post are a compilation of the past month or so of blue tweets.

10+ Year Old Account
    Is Nick blind or something? As he calls the warning text small, when it is a huge warning message in the middle of the screen.

Deleted
    No one likes being nerfed, simple as

Quote Originally Posted by MacHaggis View Post
    Cold blood makes rogues not care about crits? Because having 1 planned crit every 2 minutes totally makes other crits obsolete? What are they smoking?
    Not to mention crit is still useless.
    Spongeballs - Armory

another punch in the face from the devs for the rogues, they only care about the monk class, and let the rogue class rot, only tuning the dmg so it's almost viable, tho they have the highest wait time of all classes, up to 40%, it is very clear no dev plays rogues when they are saying coldblood (1 crit every 2 min, didnt work 100% on envenom), made rogue not want crit, maybe its cause you removed focused attacks, where you critted gave energy, or making rogues about auto-attack dmg, where critting with an ability hardly gives any advantage,
    give rogues some fun when they crit, so atleast we can feel dangerous, focused attacks will certainly something i would like to see return, as we all know blizz cant make anything new for rogues without thinking, hey lets give this to this class instead.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of the mighty moose, polar bears and fika.
    I find it funny that the complaints about rogues losing their charm started just about when they stopped being able to stunlock 100-0 without even trying

"What if I tell you what I find fun and you tell me what you find fun & everyone stops trying to be the voice of the community. "

This is why we are quitting. We HAVE been telling them what we find fun. They stopped listening, so we stopped trying. I'm happy to let others be my voice when they speak on rogues, because we all say the same thing, "We are unhappy, please reevaluate your changes." We aren't looking to be amazingly overpowered, we just want to stand a chance. By saying that all classes have a different set of tools is masking the problem and covering their butts.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterHamster View Post
    I find it funny that the complaints about rogues losing their charm started just about when they stopped being able to stunlock 100-0 without even trying
    I love that bads post crap like this and pretend like rogues are perfectly fine. FYI stunlock went away in wrath when they put all their stuns on the same DR, if you were stunlocked from full hp to 0 after that point then you were outgeared.

Rogues are a joke, anyone who has issues with them has L2P issues.