View Poll Results: Anyone "not" impressed with this Storm Legion?

Voters
213. This poll is closed
  • I'm not impressed

25 11.74%
  • Very impressed

103 48.36%
  • Haven't got it.

85 39.91%
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    In your fish aquarium eating your fish flakes. NOM NOM
    Quote Originally Posted by Requiemcliff View Post
    Admittedly I didn't even bother voting, because really, I am not very impressed, but at the same time, I am not disliking and am enjoying myself.
    I feel like thats one of the problems that trion is having, there really seems to be lukewarm reception to the xpac and i think that it would be worth it to them to explore that.
    Torchlight II Vanilla Player
    Looking for a vanilla only group?

http://forums.runicgames.com/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=40739

Quote Originally Posted by Fishyface View Post
    I feel like thats one of the problems that trion is having, there really seems to be lukewarm reception to the xpac and i think that it would be worth it to them to explore that.
    What lukewarm reception? More importantly, reception based on what? This first week is almost nothing but adjusting to leveling. It's the opening credits of a 2 hour movie.

I am enjoying the new dungeons but reading the feedback on the forums has me scared Trion are gonna turn them into faceroll bullshit just like the original experts. Because people were too terrible to do DSMx in under 3 hours.

Sorta preemptively annoyed/angry.

Elrar, I know you're lurking. Stop nerfing stuff for the love of all that is holy.

Edit: However, I still have unimaginable hatred for vehicles/robots/helicopter segments. Motherfucker why? Why?????
    Last edited by Fencers; 2012-11-17 at 04:54 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    In your fish aquarium eating your fish flakes. NOM NOM
    Quote Originally Posted by Acquiesce of Telara View Post
    What lukewarm reception? More importantly, reception based on what? This first week is almost nothing but adjusting to leveling. It's the opening credits of a 2 hour movie.
    If you take at my posts a page or so back in this thread and well as several other topics in the rift forum, there is talk of rift not having as large an impact as was expected by other players including myself. Several posts here have looked what some players deem important vital stats for a game (forum activity, both here and on the official forums, server population, and general enthusiasm of potential players. Possibly more but those are some i can recall offhand) and there hasn't been much visual change in any of them.

Thats not to say there hasnt been a increase of interest in rift, its just to say that people expected more player interest and activity both around and within the game.
    Last edited by Fishyface; 2012-11-17 at 06:31 PM.
    Torchlight II Vanilla Player
    Looking for a vanilla only group?

http://forums.runicgames.com/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=40739

If you take at my posts a page or so back in this thread and well as several other topics in the rift forum, there is talk of rift not having as large an impact as was expected by other players including myself. Several posts here have looked what some players deem important vital stats for a game (forum activity, both here and on the official forums, server population, and general enthusiasm of potential players. Possibly more but those are some i can recall offhand) and there hasn't been much visual change in any of them.

Thats not to say there hasnt been a increase of interest in rift, its just to say that people expected more player interest and activity both around and within the game.
    Forum Activity is low because, well, people are playing not posting.

Server population seems fine to me. Just cause it says medium means nothing. They recently increased server capacity, again. Medium=High really. I see tons and tons of people in-game, across all levels.

general enthusiasm of potential players? How do you even judge this?

Honestly, if they are tired of WoW then they won't be enjoying themselves that much more in Rift since they are very similar.

I haven't played Rift in over a year, played it till I hit 50 then got bored with nothing to do. For me, good end game content keeps me in an mmo.

I'm mulling over retrying it....is there much to tempt ex-players back, or would they just get bored again at 60?

Thanks

Well, Rift is mostly endgame focused since launched. So your claim of boredom is either dubious or strictly personal. Likely both.

Rift also is generally regarded as having one of the most varied endgames of current MMOs. And is the most robustly updated MMO in this current market.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rift_%2...ontent_updates
    http://www.riftgame.com/en/game/upda...est-rising.php

looking to pick it up along with some game time here soon

Quote Originally Posted by Saycheese View Post
    Honestly, if they are tired of WoW then they won't be enjoying themselves that much more in Rift since they are very similar.
    Also i find this to be the oppsite rift is the game i play when i am bored of wow and want to play another mmo. While they are similar they are diffrent in so many ways when it comes down to what you can do in the game. What i like to do whn i played rift was just log on every now ang again and do Zone invasions. Ember isle on feablight was just insane so many people i got like 1 fps and i loved it
    Last edited by flintloc; 2012-11-18 at 02:52 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowmist View Post
    I haven't played Rift in over a year, played it till I hit 50 then got bored with nothing to do. For me, good end game content keeps me in an mmo.

I'm mulling over retrying it....is there much to tempt ex-players back, or would they just get bored again at 60?

Thanks
    They release a new raid or some sort of content every 6 to 8 weeks, so I personally puzzled over how you can say you're bored. In my opinion, if you're bored in Rift, no mmo company is going to be able to keep you happy with content updates.

Rift v2 has an ungodly amount of content and things to do, and I've noticed various doors and things in the game where I assume new dungeons will appear in due time.

Seriously, none of the 22 guys who clicked "not impressed" are going to say "Why?"

Granted, I should have added an option of "it's okay", but disliking merely for not buying it? bit silly.

I did my first dungeon yesterday and was truly blown away by the animations, mechanics and aesthetics.

Leveling is a bit faster than TBC, but due to the huge zone sizes, you seem to slow down in some and speed up in others. I am completing every story quest in each zone and finishing the odd daily, carnage and done the Cape Jule as well as Pelladane (hope those spelling are correct) as well as the City Core. I'm almost 53 and really still enjoying it as I am not burning myself out to get to 60. Many have taken this route.

The world is not black and white OP - would it have killed you to put an option up that was not I HATE IT!, I LUV IT! - something in the middle.
    Anyhow - yes I love it, but then Again I was still fawning over Rift in general and it's awesomeness. But after reading replies here - I have to agree with some of the "problems". Okay - the new zones are huge, but there are areas of them devoid of life and ANYTHING. Just endless areas to run and do nothing in, there are of course heavily populated areas, fishing, mining, cities - but I know I'm not the only one who has seen the vast emptiness in some areas. As Fencers said, I too HATE leveling, I barely made a second character in wow after 2 years of playing one alt - because I had to level it. And indeed, leveling 50-60 is one hell of a slow grind - I'll get through this and it is nothing more than a painful means to an ends (because I know what waits @ 60 will be awesome). Finally - last complaint - The new everyone can tag a mob design. I was loving this... great idea - mob tagging is an artifical time sink in mmos and Trion, progressive as they are, did away with it. Seemed fine at first, then I started to see a "type" of player emerge. This is the guy that doesn't help you kill a mob - like share it with you - he is the guy running to every mob already being faught in the area and shooting it or hitting it once and running off. OK, I know that's not a big deal I can just pretend they aren't even there... but seriously? This must be a very fast way to level - shooting mobs one time and getting fullcredit...

I can say i havent gotten it, but not for lack of trying. SL came out at a good time for me as im frankly getting sick and tired of wiping on stone guard with my guild, 54 times so far, and dealing with struggle of capping valor every week when i play a maximum of 2 days per week. There seems to be no end of it in sight to either issue so ive pretty much lost interest.

But when i decided i was going to pick up a game today i let myself have several choices in which i weighed the pros and cons carefully several days beforehand:

Going back to ultima online for a month to visit
    Picking up skyrim
    Buying SL and playing rift for a while till wow nerfs msv
    Picking up windows 7 so my guild wars 2 stops crashing due to memory issues with my 32 bit windows xp

I did alot of reading about SL both on the offical forums, these forums, and watching twitchtv. And i just couldnt see myself going back for now, the 2 things im interested in rift are pvp and dimensions. From what ive seen conquest has been taken out for the time being, there are also some other pvp problems that ive heard about but yet to see proof of. Mainly though i loved conquest and without that being in the game until later that was one con towards sl.

Dimensions from what ive read have several issues such as price and the green curtain preventing people from looking into the outside world. The cost of dimensions to me is very prohibitive because when i play rift i hardly do anything else but pvp with some experts mixed in, which nets me very little money. And when i was thinking of dimensions i was thinking of a phased area that was seamless like in wow with their little "farmville" area. If there is a green curtain that prevents you from seeing the outside world it really hurts the value that i had placed in it.

In the end i went with skyrim as to me it was the better option for now.

I do look forward to subbing again to rift but unfortunately for now due to being cash strapped and time limited i had to pick something else . Rift itself is an amazing game and i really think its underrated, but i thought i might offer insight on how i reached my decision in not purchasing rift. That way maybe people who do play rift right now can understand some of the reasons why people just arnt picking SL up like most (including myself) thought would happen.
    I'm confused by the highlighted part?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by slime View Post
    The world is not black and white OP - would it have killed you to put an option up that was not I HATE IT!, I LUV IT! - something in the middle.
    It helps if you read the OP's own introspection - especially when it is on the line directly above yours. What do you think?

"Granted, I should have added an option of "it's okay", but disliking merely for not buying it? bit silly."

Quote Originally Posted by slime View Post
    Finally - last complaint - The new everyone can tag a mob design. I was loving this... great idea - mob tagging is an artifical time sink in mmos and Trion, progressive as they are, did away with it. Seemed fine at first, then I started to see a "type" of player emerge. This is the guy that doesn't help you kill a mob - like share it with you - he is the guy running to every mob already being faught in the area and shooting it or hitting it once and running off. OK, I know that's not a big deal I can just pretend they aren't even there... but seriously? This must be a very fast way to level - shooting mobs one time and getting fullcredit...
    I drive-by people all the time doing this. Love it and love when others do it when I am fighting a pack.

A single AOE, fireball or even DOT effect helps me out as it is damage I would have otherwise not had if drive-by taggers didn't stop for a sec. I don't get reduced credit so it's utterly no sweat off my back. Or their back when I spam Shock Pulse while running pass 10000 mobs.

Every game with no mob tagging I do this. <3s forever.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    I drive-by people all the time doing this. Love it and love when others do it when I am fighting a pack.

A single AOE, fireball or even DOT effect helps me out as it is damage I would have otherwise not had if drive-by taggers didn't stop for a sec. I don't get reduced credit so it's utterly no sweat off my back. Or their back when I spam Shock Pulse while running pass 10000 mobs.

Every game with no mob tagging I do this. <3s forever.
    Going to have to agree full-heartedly with Fencers here.

I could see the stress it could give someone, or annoyance, but think about it from this perspective:

You, the original tagger, get 100% credit anyways, and all of the loot, though I am not sure if the s/g/p is split up evenly or if everyone just gets 100% of what the monster had. You, the original tagger, can sit high and mighty, knowing they are getting no added loot, cloth, etc, thus I personally strive to more often than not tag and defeat my own monsters, however I feel it is a community service to help others locally, whether they need it or not, kill the monsters, because shit, that's one less I need to fight to get to 60.
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    though I am not sure if the s/g/p is split up evenly or if everyone just gets 100% of what the monster had.
    All but the actual loot gets divided between the parties participating if I understood it correctly, way to easy to abuse if it wouldn't.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alyssa View Post
    All but the actual loot gets divided between the parties participating if I understood it correctly, way to easy to abuse if it wouldn't.
    Oh yeah, I do think the person who does all the work should get the actual loot, but splitting up 90 silver?

Oh heavens.
    "A flower.

Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    Oh yeah, I do think the person who does all the work should get the actual loot, but splitting up 90 silver?

Oh heavens.
    Well if you think of it from a 20 man raid perspective, 20x XP and 20x the gold.

10+ Year Old Account
    All loot goes to the guy who tagged the mob originally. The guy who helps just gets some xp. I can't tell you how often someone has saved my butt by popping a dot on a mob. I love this new tagging thing - people at least help and they keep getting Planar Attunement XP after they're 60, so people will keep doing it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well if you think of it from a 20 man raid perspective, 20x XP and 20x the gold.
    Oh wait is the exp divided as well?

Hooray! 11,000 posts... TITAN title, earned.
    "A flower.