Thread: 2handers suck

2handers suck

At the moment, the only viable 2 hander 99% of the time is a Skorn, and I'm kind of bugged about it, since there are a lot of amazing looking 2hander weapons in this game, but they're mostly used as vendor trash. A possible boost to 2handers would be amazing.

I agree, tried to sell a decent rolled 1.2k DPS two-hander. Like it was just a rare one, but it had like 250+ str/vit, lifesteal and honestly...it just looked like a propor roll. When I first started out selling it on AH no other two-handers were on AH with similar stats kinda. So I set it high, and inn the end I gave up and vendored it...couldent even get 100k for it after trying for long time.

Skorn has completely ruined two-handers market, to a point where its the most useless item to get as a drop in general.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

Deleted
    anyone seen a 2-3k dps 2hander? unless there is one i dont see how a 1.5k dps 1 hander can be beat.

I only roll at mp 1, so take my opinion at a grain of salt. I ended up buying a middle of the road Grand Vizier the other day with a ton of life on hit (like 1600) and it's been a blast. I lost a ton of damage (over 10k) from my 1 hander/source combo, but the life on hit has made fighting a breeze with my wizard tankish build. I have to admit, I was swayed by the crazy amounts of gold/magic find and the cheap price on it (300k I think). I figure eventually I'll get better items but it is a great piece to use until that day, while I am working up my paragon level.

Yeah, Blizz really needs to buff 2h right now, especially for Wiz/WD, because they're just completely unviable compared to 1h+oh. Mostly because of their incredibly slow attack speed, and for Wiz/WD, the fact that you can get a bunch of extra damage and stats and other effects on your OH, that you can't get on a 2H.
    Quote Originally Posted by Precursor View Post
    "Fall of therzane....." ....um what? if that woman fell , god help us it will be the second cataclysm
    Words that lots of people don't seem to know the definition of:
    "Troll", "Rehash", "Casual", "Dead", "Dying", "Exploit".

Quote Originally Posted by Godavari View Post
    anyone seen a 2-3k dps 2hander? unless there is one i dont see how a 1.5k dps 1 hander can be beat.
    With a 2 hander you need a single godly rolled item, for the MH+OH combo you need two, with how d3 is set up getting that is a pita.

On a side note, DPS is damage per second witch means a 1.5k dps combo is matched by a 1.5k 2-hander since attack speed is factored in.
    Last edited by Difuid; 2012-11-16 at 08:04 PM.

They almost got it right by doubling the str, loh life leech etc on 2h's. They however forgot to double the sockets on the item. I think that would fix them.

I thought jay was the king of doubling? How did he miss this one :P

10+ Year Old Account
    There just doesn't seem to be a way to balance it. For example, monks are better off the faster they attack. Getting all that life back works better when you're attack speed is over 2. I actually found a weapon that increased my damage over my two one-handers, but the other losses are just too much.

And to think, before, what, 1.0.4, they were twice as bad. Did ANYONE use two-handers before they buffed them? I can't imagine they did.

I actually think two handers are kind of decent. If you're going for the best gear in the game, fuck two handers. But if you want your upgrades to be under 10 mil, it's best to avoid items that flavor of the month builds, *cough cough whirlwind* like to use. Currently I'm using a 1400 dps two hander with 5.8% life steal, 218 strength and 110% crit damage. Cost me 8 mil. If I were to buy a 1300 dps Skorn with any amount of strength and life steal I'd be looking at 100 million minimum. The big thing the weapon is lacking is crit damage. But, I'm not exactly trying to set records for soloing MP10. And it gives me enough damage that I can farm low levels of MP extremely quickly. At MP0 I one shot white mobs with pretty much any ability, which has actually lead me to trying out a seismic slam spec that I've enjoyed quite a bit. May not be as fast as WW, but it's just plain fun to kill an entire room full of mobs with one seismic slam. If I crit with WOTB up I even one shot most champion packs.

I enjoy two handed quite a bit, and the community perception that all non-Skorn two handers are terrible leads to even top end gear being cheap. Let me just be clear, the two hander I bought for 8 mil was the best rare two hander on the AH at the time.

<- wielding skorn with 240%CD

the only way to make some different weapons viable - nerfing crit damage (change dps math/whatever)

While crit damage is the best dps stat - there are no alternatives for 2Hs.

And the same goes for dual-wielding(mons/barbs) - best weapons are weapons with base +CD and socket. (esp if it is echoing fury/300 spear)
    That is pretty lame situation :/
    Aldoraan Ret Pally since 2.4

Outland - love forever

Quote Originally Posted by Difuid View Post
    With a 2 hander you need a single godly rolled item, for the MH+OH combo you need two, with how d3 is set up getting that is a pita.

On a side note, DPS is damage per second witch means a 1.5k dps combo is matched by a 1.5k 2-hander since attack speed is factored in.
    And a 1.5k dps 2H will do about 35% more damage with its swing because it only swings every 0.9 seconds instead of every 1.2 seconds.

I'm cruising pretty well through MP5 inferno Act 3 on my 2h barb, I only die if I'm not paying attention or I get something stupid like reflect/molten/beams. I thought I'd try it out given that I stomp MP1-3 and it went remarkably well. Could probably go up to MP6 or MP7 too, but I think I'll get used to the damage in MP5 first.

http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/F...79/hero/321688 is my profile.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by chadwix View Post
    They almost got it right by doubling the str, loh life leech etc on 2h's. They however forgot to double the sockets on the item. I think that would fix them.
    Good point, why not remove the insane Critical Hit Damage on Skorn and just give all the high 2handers 2 sockets so you can put two Critical Hit Damage gems into them? That should even things out, no?