Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Sounds like a dildo guild to be honest.

back in the day when i was raiding during TBC and in wrath in 2 diff guilds.
    we had no prio for loot for the officers or GM
    only at start healer and tank prio. but in both guilds this rule got scrapped.
    during tbc we used also EPGP, a very fair tool distribute the loot.

rolling is also pretty much fair. but officer and GM loot prio is sucks balls. imo leave that guild and go find some1 els.

Deleted
    This is an unfair system imo. you should just leave if the gm is a total dick.

However, what i do hate is that after x amount of runs my piece finally drops, and some random dude wins it and never raids again..

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Why do people let themselves be pushed around like this? :l

and our guild 'loot rules' are officers,gm prio over other members.

I would have quit this guild the instant I saw this in their official loot rules.

nuff said

Deleted
    Cba reading five pages of replies, but the loot rules in your guild are absolutely awful. Just... awful.
    GM and officers > raiders? Dafuq? I'd leave that in a heartbeat.

I am GM of a fairly new guild myself, and while we're only dipping into raiding so far, I'll never have loot rules that remotely resemble the ones your guild uses. Its just a clear misuse of power.

our guild 'loot rules' are officers,gm prio over other members. What never heard that ever happening in a guild and with 6 officers it sounds like officer=good raider instead of person that actually manages website, GB, recruits, roles

You are free to leave the guild with two clicks anytime you feel like it no idea why anyone would want to stay in that guild

Deleted
    I will soon, just need to make more people leave the guild with me; after what happened last night. I just wanna see how's the raid tonight

Never join a guild with Officer priority on loot, get out of there while you can

Deleted
    So. Last night before the raid me and 5 other players left the guild after a long argue vs GM and his brother ho backed him up. The problem wasnt anymore the loot he said that me and the mage stoped theyr progress, donno how when on garalon kills we were top 2 dps but anyway. Ofc they couldnt raid last night because not enough ppl online. 4 of us joined a 25 manguild with 7hc.
    It ended up pretty well. Im glad that i didnt left 2 months ago when i did this post, because he would kept treating people crap. At least now i hope he learned his leason

Deleted
    People like that generally don't learn lessons. He'll just recruit replacements, and do it all again.

Quote Originally Posted by pufyanny View Post
    I will soon, just need to make more people leave the guild with me; after what happened last night. I just wanna see how's the raid tonight
    Don't be one of those people. Regardless of the circumstances, you want to leave the guild. You're justified in whatever you feel is best for you. But to try for the "safety in numbers" angle is weak. If people want to leave, then they can leave. But don't lean on others for strength in your decision. People can rarely leave guilds themselves. They always need to try to take everyone with them. Just leave. You obviously aren't happy with it. So why stay? Are you afraid of finding a new guild? Alone?

And I think you may be leaving out a lot of info here.
    Last edited by Last Starfighter; 2013-01-25 at 07:14 AM.

any guild that runs a system where officers get priority over members is terrible. get out now. because i guarantee you it will end badly for that guild in any event; eventually the normal members will get fed up with the crazy loot distribution and leave for a guild that is run properly.

members before trial is fine, you would expect to see that. but this is just a small portion of the guild using the rest as a "loot generator" for them. it will create drama, it will create envy. it is an idiotic way of doing things.

seriously, get out now.
    When challenging a Kzin, a simple scream of rage is sufficient. You scream and you leap.
    Quote Originally Posted by George Carlin
    Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Douglas Adams
    It is a well-known fact that those people who must want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it... anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job.

With a raid of merely 10, TEN, people, we could see a lot of weakness in people. Not to be dramatic and stuff.

But hard not to be when you see stuff like... "Maybe those in power are just more efficient people....", "I would rather wait for other people to act first even the current situation is unfair..."

Makes me sad.

Deleted
    I think you're very selfish to demand all this loot for yourself. Do you have any idea how much work it is to keep a guild running? GMs and officers deserves prio on loot for all the crap they have to put up with! If you're not a greedy, immature child you'll get your loot too eventually.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would just leave the guild as is said above. In our 10 man we just have group loot and we do need / greed with also talking to each other what who needs and if its major or lesser upgrade. Its so far the best system. No one can complain.

Really find another guild. Its the game you should enjoy and if you see others act like that AND EVEN OFFICERS/GM its just pretty sad to be honest.

Quote Originally Posted by Mulgore Sweet Potato View Post
    I think you're very selfish to demand all this loot for yourself. Do you have any idea how much work it is to keep a guild running? GMs and officers deserves prio on loot for all the crap they have to put up with! If you're not a greedy, immature child you'll get your loot too eventually.
    Is this irony? And if not you just cant be serious.

GETTING LOOT for example 496 boots over other people who has 476(major boost for them) while you have 489/496 (minor boost for you) is just loot whoring and just shows how much you care about them raiders/members/FRIENDS!!! :-O (I am glad we dont have people like you in my raid group)

AND AFTER ALL.

Guild officer / gms has no prio on loot any over the guild member. Since we all put same shit into discussion, contribution to the guild get running. They choose to be officers / gms. No one forced them to do that. So there is simply no point they should have PRIO ON LOOT.
    Last edited by Vashi; 2013-01-25 at 09:09 AM.
    Retired... but for how long? WAS DRAGGED TO THE LEGION HYPETRAIN!!!

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Vashiq/simple

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pufyanny View Post
    Hey,

So I've been in this guild since beggining of DS. In that time I was recruit ofc and got loot in case members/officers pass it. Was ok with that.
    But now in MoP, I have the same issue: we run 10 man with 4 cloth dps ( 1 swaps to druid bear in case we need ), me lock 2 mages ( 1 of them is in the same situation as me ) and spriest ( druid guy ).
    The priest and 1 mage are officers , and our guild 'loot rules' are officers,gm prio over other members.
    My problem is since MoP came out i got 2 loot pieces from raids and we have 2/6 hc and 5/6 normal hof, and i'm just 480 ilvl ( the other mage is 477 i think ) and all other are 484 at least .
    This is not all, the GM also starts to bitch up because I do to low dps ( eg: 75k when we downed garalon ) , told him that I'm a lot lower ilvl then other dps and he said that's not the problem, the problem is me , and started to say stuff like go read forums, l2p etc.
    Last night at Mel'jarak the cloth boots droped with hit/mastery. Me and the mage had the boots from sha quest . And ofc the fire mage took it. Those boots as far as I know are normal bis for warlocks ( demo - afli I play ) .

Don't get me wrong, I'm not a loot whore but raiding for 1 months and just got 1 item..seems I'm raiding for nothing.
    Opinions?

EDIT-UPDATE:

Hello again,
    So i wanted to say what happened after all the replies I got here. The mage left 2-3 days after I made this thread. SO it was me and my friend mage and the officer priest. So know each other pretty well so we started to ask eachother about loot, so we all got something.
    After this thread ended I wathed some guides etc for afli spec because I focused more on afli after this. ANd my dps got up a lot. Got some new items, etc. And I'm top 3 dps now, the GM is not comlaining about my dps anymore ofc. I was 2nd on 2 heroic Garalon kills, 2nd on wind lord hc kill and so on.

THis week the GM got 2 new players for the raid. A very good disc priest ( nothing wrong with him ) , and a friend of him , a monk with around 475 ilvl . Last night ( wednesday ) , me and the mage were benched for msv because they wanted to try those 2 players. The officer priest asked us if we want items . Me and the mage still need elegon hc trinket; and he said he would pass he's spot , also 2 other players would pass for us on that boss, hunter and druid. Elegon came, we were all on vent, BUT the gm refuses to swap us with those ho wanted out, with no actual reason, all the officer voted on officer chat ( officers meaning: gm's brother , the priest, 2 tanks and another monk ; yes 6 officers for a 10 man guild ) and after all the chat the priest was demoted to raider from officer and he anounced that he wont be taking any decision for the guild. We were set out. And that's pretty much all.

Now tbh, me and the mage gonna stay 1 more week to see how it goes, and start looking for a guild probably. Clearly the gm doesnt like us.

thoughts? Opinions?
    GM's and officers get loot priority? What a horrible system. I can be an officer and still do no work and get loot over others. Leave the guild.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    You seem to be very demanding when it comes to recieving loot, but you still have not enchanted those legs you obtained 16 days ago, or the shoulders that you received all the way back in 2012. Bad attitude is just bad, even though the conditions in Corpus Vile might have been bad.
    Armory
    Haste only feels good to classes that truly benefit from it though. Can it be +Amp instead? Anything else really.
    "Classes that truly benefit from Haste" means... Everyone except Warriors. (And we're going to fix that.)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mulgore Sweet Potato View Post
    any good guildmaster/raidleader or other officer knows what you say is wrong. for a good efficient guild the loot should be spread equally. sure tanks and healers get priority on some items, but beside that everyone should equally get loot.
    anyone who thinks there should be a priority for officers will be unable too run a good guild where its members are happy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Officers/GM > 2-3 Month raiders is kinda ridiculous, clearly you're out of the Trial status or SHOULD be by now. You're putting in the same effort as the Officers and GM so you're entitled to the same loot. If they keep that mindset with raiders in your position then they're gonna lose members eventually. Just find a guild and when you are accepted leave the other guild but not before telling the GM it's just not working out.

Don't try and make people leave with you, if they see you leave they'll know whats going on and MAY follow suit themselves because they would of been raiding with you aswell and I'm sure they've seen the loot distribution happen, if not then no biggie, you get a better raid environment and they're stuck with power hungry spastics, their loss.
    Last edited by NatePsy; 2013-01-25 at 09:30 AM.