Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Thanks for this guide! Just did BT for the first time (ever, I'm a Cata baby and never bothered until now). The maps helped (this place is huge), though as a 490 WW, I didn't need to follow the strats, I just zerged all the bosses. Didn't even use a single defensive CD, just used Expel Harm and Chi Wave when needed.

lol, i solo blacktemple with the monk before its not that hard

10+ Year Old Account
    Sorry about taking a while to update the thread, it went about a month and a half with no posts then I went away for 2 weeks and didn't check it for a while after coming back. As everyone has already said, it is pretty much faceroll now and the only reason people may want this guide is for the maps. Anyway, good luck everyone! I got my Warglaives!

10+ Year Old Account
    not gonna lie, i have alot of troubles with Illidari Council, im a mage though but still it gives me issues and after i wipe they all go back to full health so that doesnt help me a bit, i try to burn down the healer first and interupt all her heals but when shes down im at such low health from the other bosses smashing on me, ive tried ccing the ones i can and tried many other appoaches but this set of bosses set give me fits. great guide though.

10+ Year Old Account
    After doing a search I found a video of a Mage soloing that boss in 480 iLvl, easily reachable without even doing normal mode raiding. From what I could tell, they were in Frost spec using their Water Elemental to tank Gathios the Shatterer off to the side to avoid his stun and consecration. In addition the Water Elemental seemed to tank the Rogue 1/3 of the time, with him being stealthed the other 1/3 and attacking the Mage the other 1/3. Everytime their Water Elemental dipped low they would just Frostbolt it back to full.

Other than that they just focused the Healer, interrupted when they could and sustained them self with Ice Barrier and Glyphed Evocation with Invocation as their level 90 talent. It took 4 minutes and I think it was in x2 speed, so you are in for a long fight, but if you do the mechanics right it definitely seems manageable. The kill starts at 20:00 minutes.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Whitetroll View Post
    Very nice guide! The thorough description of each boss makes it possible to get an idea on how to translate the fights for other classes. I started wondering if a warrior could solo RoS - that part2 is a bitch, but I'm thinking Avatar and Bladestorm might do the job - possibly while using PvP-trinket (do you know if this works against the disorient?).
    Solo it without any problems have 482 average Ilv and playing fury.The trick is to use protection stance and only do autoattack and bloodhurst only in phase 2 and stop any attack till i have that nasty debuff who increases 100% damage taken
    And yes SW is the most wanted talent ofc this is just god mode for you in this instance only phase 2 of RoS can harm you so much to pass it
    Last edited by mmoc2b5ad7a33a; 2013-01-30 at 04:58 AM.

Deleted
    I soloed it yesterday as a 453 BrM/WW. Thanks for this guide it helped me lots, especially with the layout of the temple and the paths from boss to boss.

I had problems with Gurtogg until I remembered to burn all dmg cooldowns and to use Expel Harm and Chi Wave on CD.

Another major hurdle was the Council. I tried both specs and settled on the kiting strategy. It helps tremendously with avoiding all the stuff you need to get out of. First as a BrM I failed to beat the Enrage timer (which is 15 min btw) due to too little dps. Switched to WW and with the same strategy it was no problem. Downed them in around 5 minutes IIRC.

Sadly no Glaives or Cursed Vision. So I guess I'll be back.

Deleted
    Yea I have to give some props to this guide as well, it helped me a lot in solo clearing BT yesterday. As a freshly 90 Monk with 360 ilvl and a staff ( no swords / axes / fist weapons dropped for me ) I was able to beat with easy every single boss as windwalker. The Illidari Council was the only one presenting a problem, I've wiped a few times but I managed to kill them as Brewmaster ( to survive more ) starting off with the priest and interrupting the heals ( DO NOT WASTE THE INTERRUPT ON HES OTHER SPELLS )
    Illidan was also cake, staying in the middle of the circle to kill the 2 add.

10+ Year Old Account
    Good to hear this guide has helped some people, best of luck on your Warglaives!

Great guide, thanks dude

I also find the council to be the most annoying. Takes too long on BM so I just go WW and focus on the pally. Keep moving around to stay out of AOE's. If you keep moving, its not hard at all.

Great guide, thanks a lot! Had issues on council but after trying the kiting trick and just backpeddle'ing and focus'ing the pally it went over fairly well.

468 WW monk (PvE Gear)

Its really easy, when i was undergeared on my monk i just went Brewmaster for Bloodboil and Council but even in 463/471 blues its cake as WW.

Deleted
    Someone have done it in these days? i arrived at the council with my dk without troubles but i died and i saw that the second time thay had all the life...

Deleted
    It's been that way since I started running BT three weeks ago. Must have been fixed in 5.1 or even earlier.

Try the kite strategy by always walking backwards and focusing the paladin. That's what I ended up doing and it worked well even with iLvl 453.

No problems at all with 473 MW monk. Probably slower than WW, but not killable by anything in this raid.

just did BT for the first time, thanks for a great guide!!

Couldnt you just used SEF on the council and burn them?

WW is preferred due to the Flying serpent kick. On my 10th run this week and as average it takes me 20min for the full run as ww with engineering boots.
    WW mobility in BT is totally awesome!!
    BT is just burn everything down and put karma on 2nd phase on reliquary.

I just cleared BT on my monk (got MH Glaive \o/) - Had to ToK on Reliq P2, went down easy though. For Council just SEF 2 of them and nuke a 3rd they went down in seconds. 527ilvl did it was ww