Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Looks like the mastery procs aren't affected by the buffs the spell's been getting recently. Put it in as a bug report in-game.
    {[( )]}

Quote Originally Posted by Veyne View Post
    A handful of you crazies exist, but for the majority of Cataclysm, most long term Shadow Priests absolutely loathed the mechanic (at least the vocal ones). Of course with any change, you'll find the ones that liked the way something was before the change, but I knew not one high-end, progression content DPS priest that thought it was a good idea when it was in-game.
    Yeah, there were even some people who liked the original Warlock shards better too... /crazy

I would love to be able to charge up shadow orbs when out of combat, similar to how druids can enter a certain eclipse before the encounter is started. I just always want that extra burst in the beginning of an encounter. I do agree that it could be a bit annoying in pvp, but it would make my opener so much more complete, rather than have to wait for 3 orbs that often proccs at the end of all my proccs, and sometimes even after. Simple mechanic that most of the priest would enjoy.

I dont like the new system in pve, but love it in pvp. So a bit hard to judge since I like and dislike it

Another idea is to have the opportunity to kill the healing trees forever to get a 20% passive damage increase so, if someting goes wrong with numbers, we could go whine everywhere to ask for a "not-so-pure" tax because the not-so-pure can always respec to a better performing spec.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Purpleisbetter View Post
    Another idea is to have the opportunity to kill the healing trees forever to get a 20% passive damage increase so, if someting goes wrong with numbers, we could go whine everywhere to ask for a "not-so-pure" tax because the not-so-pure can always respec to a better performing spec.
    Shadow, retri, and windwalker are the only 3 specs of classes which don't have an alternative DPS spec (although to be fair gear-wise feral + guardian, moonkin + resto, and elemental + resto go well together, and of course all these classes can perform various roles). The only alternative for them, as well as us, is sitting out or performing a different role. Of those 3 classes, we're the only ranged one with the issue. To be fair in 10m it is usually the melee DPS who are an issue. We can also do some off healing or off damage (as holy/disc), useful on say Spiritbinder or Empress. However I haven't seen any class performing bad at 50-66% of the fights in a raid.

Sadly there's no easy fix for this specific problem. I was thinking of buffing multiDoT but giving it DR if on more than 1 target but that'd have serious PvP issues, and hard to calculate by server. Mind Flay would be a good candidate to buff as its filler and not used for AoE/multiDoT anymore or at least much, much less. It wouldn't only have issues with FDCL, also with DI. If they'd touch those, they'd have to rebalance (buff) the whole tier3/5 talents to be competitive with each other again. Which would have serious PvP issues, and in PvP we're considered solid. Still, buffing mindbender/shadowfiend would give us a tiny bit more burst, same with SW:I. For T5 it'd be much harder to balance. Buffing DI would likely make it better than ToF. Right now they're quite competitive. And you cannot really buff or nerf ToF. It'd also make PI even worse than it already is.

There's still hope though. They're going to nerf burst and off healing for PvP purposes.

I'm curious, has anyone played with SW:I in PvP?

The fact that nerfs my burst in pvp...how so? nerfing DI procs even more? Nerfing FDCL? Nerfing (AGAIN?) DP ?

They wanna nerf my burst when healers just...just dispel on cd all my goddamn dots because the dispel protection is laughable at best? oO

Without considering how dramatic could be these "burst nerfs" on PvE.

Dunno, the only realistic solution is the boost on the weakest filler in game. Flays are a huge problem tied with some serious scaling issue.

Deleted
    I hate how abilities has to be the same in PvP and PvE so much.

IMO (don't know about PvP), we need a PvE gameplay buff. Right now, it sucks on single target bosses. Buffing MF would just make it more terrible.

10+ Year Old Account
    I picked up my SP again when they introduced the Orb system, and I'm gonna abandon him again the second they remove it or add another DoT. I love how it works..

Although, I only think we need a standstill dps increase since tof really allows us to pull ahead on most fights, the easiest way to do this would be.

1. Give mindblast an extra effect like haunt.
    2. Give mindflay an extra effect like malefic grasp.
    3. Buff out dots.

These are really the only way to buff our dmg but not make it really op in pvp. The increase in dot dmg might be too much, but, the change to mb would be the best and simplest way to do so.

Stream: twitch.tv/DryeLuLZ
    Twitter: @Dryeqt

Deleted
    Guys I was wondering what you would think if void tendrills could be placed like the mages pet nova?
    Do you think it would be Op or do you think they way it is atm is fine?
    I'm not saying it should be like the mages pet nova just feel strange using it xD and wondered what you guys thought

Quote Originally Posted by CapM View Post
    I picked up my SP again when they introduced the Orb system, and I'm gonna abandon him again the second they remove it or add another DoT. I love how it works..
    Shadow is supposed to be a dot class
    Atm it doesn't feel like a dot class, our dots are needed for MB/MS procs.
    Overall feels weird, cata orbs was more fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Woop Woop View Post
    Shadow is supposed to be a dot class
    Atm it doesn't feel like a dot class, our dots are needed for MB/MS procs.
    Overall feels weird, cata orbs was more fun.
    I don't see how it doesn't feel like a dot class. Nothing really changed from Cata when it comes to dots.
    DP used to have a duration that's close to how long it takes to charge up 3 orbs and cast it now in MoP. SW:P and VT is still around.

The only real difference is the filler spells. Instead of mindlessly spamming MF we got a procced Mind Spike as well now.
    Cata orbs was terrible as well, the RNG was stupid. Bad RNG = no uptime on our mastery back then.
    It was fixed with T13 4-set, so I guess you forgot how it used to be.

A few quality of life changes is all that's really needed, perhaps a buff to Mind Sear in some way unless fixing Mind Sear's bug sorts that out.
    A way to gain orbs like Moonkins Celestial Alignment would be cool, but it'd have to come with a cost to not make it viable during combat.
    Another cool idea would have been if the Mind Flay glyph didn't increase our movement speed with a buff, but instead made it castable while moving. Obviously the glyph would still remove the slow from Mind Flay.
    Last edited by Juicebox; 2012-11-22 at 04:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Drye View Post
    Although, I only think we need a standstill dps increase since tof really allows us to pull ahead on most fights, the easiest way to do this would be.

1. Give mindblast an extra effect like haunt.
    2. Give mindflay an extra effect like malefic grasp.

3. Buff out dots.

These are really the only way to buff our dmg but not make it really op in pvp. The increase in dot dmg might be too much, but, the change to mb would be the best and simplest way to do so.
    LOL, Affliction locks are asking for these things to be removed, (for PvP purposes, as with them their spread pressure has been significantly reduced).

Perhaps Afflocks and SPriests should trade toons. :P

Quote Originally Posted by Drye View Post
    These are really the only way to buff our dmg but not make it really op in pvp.
    A damage debuff on Mindblast will buff burst, so it has quite some impact on PvP. It also would make DI even better on multi-dot fights.

- Buffing MF - FDCL and SW:I get worse, yet both of them are already high hitters.
    - Buffing MB - burst and DI interaction
    - Buffing DoTs - Multidotting

As long as our single target spells interact this much with talents, buffing them is a rather difficult.

Quote Originally Posted by xSoulx View Post
    LOL, Affliction locks are asking for these things to be removed, (for PvP purposes, as with them their spread pressure has been significantly reduced).

Everything Affliction got in MoP, I wished my Spriest had in Cataclysm.

no you DO NOT want malefic grasp and haunt mechanics. You want the numbers pulled by an aff lock wich is different.

The trouble is simple: you cannot play with dots because this would cause problems both in pvp and PvE multi target fights. You cannot boost our current talent either, for the same reason. And you can't even buff mind blast, because of...pvp. LOL.

What is left is mind flay and reintroducing archangel (j/k, pvp issues here wing'ed DPs instant ticks and mb+ms proc rain).

Want to hear the truth? Shadowpriest is screwed 'till mechanics revamp.

Quote Originally Posted by xSoulx View Post

Someone, somewhere will always complain and cry about something and everything. It's impossible for blizzard to please everyone.

no you DO NOT want malefic grasp and haunt mechanics. You want the numbers pulled by an aff lock wich is different.
    Because those are just terrible ideas? Even though they would be great fixes and would help out the class a lot. We already use MB on cd which would keep up the 8 second buff. I'm not saying that it has to be the exact same thing as Haunt but adding something to MB like haunt's extra ability would be p decent.

Want to hear the truth? Shadowpriest is screwed 'till mechanics revamp.
    That would imply that shadow does terrible dmg/dps right now, which it doesn't. There are many fights where we are able to use the mechanics of the fight to do really decent dps. The only real fights we have trouble on are, single target and windlord. And in both aspects we out play many other classes. Shadow isn't in a bad spot right now. The play style and numbers we pull are fine. We just are not going to top the meters every single fight, and that is life. People need to deal with that.

Stream: twitch.tv/DryeLuLZ
    Twitter: @Dryeqt

Anyone else annoyed with the flaky answer about Spriest AOE on the front page?

Q: Will Spriests ever get an Aoe buff? Their Aoe is really bad atm compared to Elemental and Balance. Multidotting is boring.
    A: If you don't like multidotting you might be playing the wrong class... (Source)

He chose to respond to the stupid part of the question and ignored answering what people want to hear.
    Hi Sephurik

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    yeah that pissed me off.. so lets all play fire mage or afflic warlock and run a 25 man full of mages and locks because we dont like to be the last on dps

Quote Originally Posted by Washuwa View Post
    yeah that pissed me off.. so lets all play fire mage or afflic warlock and run a 25 man full of mages and locks because we dont like to be the last on dps
    Even if the raid was composed of only Mages & Locks, someone would still be lowest place on the DPS charts...