Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    I play shadow mainly and this is a post about shadow but since we are talking about blue reponses this one is pretty ridiculous aswell.

Q: Ok im really curious when you will fix disc priests in pvp we are completely broken mana, healing, and so on.
    A: Talking about it. I think we've finally been convinced that Disc is a little low (in PvP and PvE).

It was so obvious since early beta yet they always said they were happy with the current state.

Quote Originally Posted by Drye View Post

That would imply that shadow does terrible dmg/dps right now, which it doesn't. There are many fights where we are able to use the mechanics of the fight to do really decent dps. The only real fights we have trouble on are, single target and windlord. And in both aspects we out play many other classes. Shadow isn't in a bad spot right now. The play style and numbers we pull are fine. We just are not going to top the meters every single fight, and that is life. People need to deal with that.
    Wich would make for a beautiful purple world. Then you ALSO consider gear scaling.
    My "screwd" was meant only on very unlikely buffs, since SPriests are a goddamn machines on pvp, to the point i'm dedicating lot of time to it. Wich would make for another really cute purple world if it wasn't for warriors overcrowding arena ques and hard countering you friggin' hard :X.

The golden age ended, that's my opinion about s.priest on pve right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Purpleisbetter View Post
    Wich would make for a beautiful purple world. Then you ALSO consider gear scaling.
    My "screwd" was meant only on very unlikely buffs, since SPriests are a goddamn machines on pvp, to the point i'm dedicating lot of time to it. Wich would make for another really cute purple world if it wasn't for warriors overcrowding arena ques and hard countering you friggin' hard :X.

The golden age ended, that's my opinion about s.priest on pve right now.
    Shadow priests only feel 'good' in random BGs. They feel quite weak in arenas. They have decent sustained damage when the enemy healer doesn't know how to dispell. That aside, they don't have much strengths in arena. They play like Cata Moonkins for the most part.

Jesus, i guess there are loads of specs that wish to be as weak as a spriest on arena.

With healing tuned down and the nerfs to the "fantastic 4" will feel even better, given the nerf to the off healing.

An idea that I came up with while shadow was still getting changed every week on beta, that got a lot of hype from people, was to give shadow a type of "Shadow Chakra". Basically it would cost orbs, so it would need a resource so it wouldn't be incredibly OP for PvP. What it would do is it would be some type of a 30-45 second buff with a ~ 1 min cd on it, that would allow for either our dots (sw;p, vt, DP) or our direct dmg spells(MB/MS/MF/pet) to get a spell power buff. Instead of a buff that long, could also do off of an amount of casts. That would help us out on our ability to multi dot for bosses like Wind Lord and our direct dmg spells would help us out on our single target. This would also give people that CD aspect they've been QQIng about so much.

Stream: twitch.tv/DryeLuLZ
    Twitter: @Dryeqt

10+ Year Old Account
    I actually like MoP Shadow better than Cata (although it took some getting used to) It honestly feels the same to me except that Mind Blast generates orbs and DP spends them. We also get procs (which spices up the rotation a bit) as opposed to before just keeping SO buff/Mind Blast, refreshing dots and spamming Mind Flay when there's nothing else to do. The only real problem I have with them is the fact that they lack cooldowns (other than Power Infusion which is boring and kills one of our fun talents) but I can't really see them adding it without nerfing our constant damage or making us overpowered.

I just don't logically see why people complain about not having a cd when we have fiend, bender, and pi. All three are a dps increase and are classified as a cd. Why do people feel these CDs are ineffcient? If pi increased our dmg by a %, would you feel that is now a proper cd?

Deleted
    Because Blizz removed a CD (archangel) from holy and shadow. But holy had adequate tools to make up for it (and didn't have on live), and for disc it is entirely optional but lines up very well with tools like spirit shell. PI is a DPS loss so the sacrifice is an overal DPS loss for a burst gain. Basically, people want archangel back, but it'd break PvP. Is there any way to make archangel come back in a mechanic which would not or only minor affect PvP? If you spec into MB that kills your multiDoT/mobility but does give you more burst. Still, if I compare my "burst" DPS to that off the rest of the world if I do my rotation perfect then (+ 3 orbs or not, Halo or not) I pretty quickly am lowest DPS single target.

---------- Post added 2012-11-25 at 03:02 PM ----------

An idea that I came up with while shadow was still getting changed every week on beta, that got a lot of hype from people, was to give shadow a type of "Shadow Chakra". Basically it would cost orbs, so it would need a resource so it wouldn't be incredibly OP for PvP. What it would do is it would be some type of a 30-45 second buff with a ~ 1 min cd on it, that would allow for either our dots (sw;p, vt, DP) or our direct dmg spells(MB/MS/MF/pet) to get a spell power buff. Instead of a buff that long, could also do off of an amount of casts. That would help us out on our ability to multi dot for bosses like Wind Lord and our direct dmg spells would help us out on our single target. This would also give people that CD aspect they've been QQIng about so much.
    Could work but feels a bit double.

Chakra is unique to holy, shadow orbs unique to shadow, and absorb related mechanics to disc. Each spec has their own unique feel. I like that (warlocks also have this, but were borrowing heavily from each other's spec if you were to min-max). Some people don't like Chakra (I think it improved a lot over the initial cumbersome and later versions), some find disc boring, etc.

Problem with priest is you only got 1 DPS spec. There's even priests who make it clear in their nickname they're shadow and won't heal.

Quote Originally Posted by lolalola View Post
    Because Blizz removed a CD (archangel) from holy and shadow. But holy had adequate tools to make up for it (and didn't have on live), and for disc it is entirely optional but lines up very well with tools like spirit shell. PI is a DPS loss so the sacrifice is an overal DPS loss for a burst gain. Basically, people want archangel back, but it'd break PvP. Is there any way to make archangel come back in a mechanic which would not or only minor affect PvP? If you spec into MB that kills your multiDoT/mobility but does give you more burst. Still, if I compare my "burst" DPS to that off the rest of the world if I do my rotation perfect then (+ 3 orbs or not, Halo or not) I pretty quickly am lowest DPS single target.[COLOR="red"]
    I still don't get why people are complaining. So, are you saying that if PI were to be renamed to Archangel, that you would be happy then? Are you saying that if PI was able to keep up with Tof/DI that you would be satisfied? I'll ask this again, if PI were to change to a +dmg% cd would that make you feel better? See, I don't understand why people complain so incredibly much about not having a on use CD. We ave ToF which is incredibly good for almost all of the fights. Tof is a +15% dmg buff that lasts 10 seconds and every time you hit something under 20% making it have a relatively high uptime on a decent amount of fights. In literal basics, ToF is a on dmg CD buff that you activate though hitting something.

I'm going to assume here, but, I'm going to say the reason everyone cries so much about not having a DPS CD(even though we have many. Shadowfiend and mindbender do a lot of dmg) is that at the very start of a fight you don't see your self sky rocket to 300k dps like mages/rets/elesham. Is this a safe assumption?

Quote Originally Posted by Volitar View Post
    Anyone else annoyed with the flaky answer about Spriest AOE on the front page?

Q: Will Spriests ever get an Aoe buff? Their Aoe is really bad atm compared to Elemental and Balance. Multidotting is boring.
    A: If you don't like multidotting you might be playing the wrong class... (Source)

He chose to respond to the stupid part of the question and ignored answering what people want to hear.
    Eh, it just means that they can't currently give any kind of real answer about.

I don't know if anyone mentioned this but I would love if they got rid of having to use Shadow Word: Death twice. I hate having to SWD twice to get it on CD.

Also if shadow orbs stack to 5 would also be pretty pro. It sucks having to use DP 3orb at a bad time because MB came off CD.
    Last edited by Sipep; 2012-11-26 at 07:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sipep View Post
    I don't know if anyone mentioned this but I would love if they got rid of having to use Shadow Word: Death twice. I hate having to SWD twice to get it on CD.
    I was thinking about this the other day, now that you don't need to glyph to get it to do that it seems weird you have to hit it twice. You'd think it would make more sense to just have it do the damage of both hits at the same time (maybe increase the CD to account for the saved GCD). The second one doesn't give an orb so you wouldn't be missing out there. It just feels like a silly mechanic this way.

Also if shadow orbs stack to 5 would also be pretty pro. It sucks having to use DP 3orb at a bad time because MB came off CD.
    This wouldn't solve your problem, as you'd run into the same issue regardless, only with 5 orbs it would take longer before you could get out your DP.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, I hate FDCL/DI. If I wanted to play proc based spec I'd play a goddamn mage. (And would do tons of more damage too lol).
    But the MB / ToF spec really feels like the TBC shadow and I'm happy that the retarded buff juggling of Cata is over.

What I would like to see is something on-demand-burst related and a rename of DP.
    I use magic that alters the stage of mind, I don't use diseases Blizzard!

I just don't logically see why people complain about not having a cd when we have fiend, bender, and pi. All three are a dps increase and are classified as a cd. Why do people feel these CDs are ineffcient? If pi increased our dmg by a %, would you feel that is now a proper cd?
    Bender (giggles at your avatar) is summoned every minute. I'm not sure that holding it back for an eventual burst phase would be a good idea.

I was thinking about this the other day, now that you don't need to glyph to get it to do that it seems weird you have to hit it twice. You'd think it would make more sense to just have it do the damage of both hits at the same time (maybe increase the CD to account for the saved GCD). The second one doesn't give an orb so you wouldn't be missing out there. It just feels like a silly mechanic this way.
    PvP. SW.D would hit for an absurd amount of damage were the two combined. As it is now, there's at least one Global in between so peeps can interrupt/silence the shadow.
    Last edited by Granyala; 2012-11-26 at 05:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by xSoulx View Post
    This wouldn't solve your problem, as you'd run into the same issue regardless, only with 5 orbs it would take longer before you could get out your DP.
    No not having to DP with 5 orbs. Similar to how Holy Power currently works. All the abilities take 3 holy power but you can have 5 at once. So we would still be using DP with 3 orbs.

Logically speaking everything with a GCD is a CD. Lets get to reality now:

Shadowfiend does ok damage but it's just a pet, fire and forget - it's boring.

PI is balanced with other talents in that tier. You won't do much more and may even lose dps by picking it over DI or ToF. It's a situational gain if fight is very short.

Bender is same as Shadowfiend, a boring CD.

No not having to DP with 5 orbs. Similar to how Holy Power currently works. All the abilities take 3 holy power but you can have 5 at once. So we would still be using DP with 3 orbs.
    Then you should've prefaced that you also wanted a redesign of Shadow Orbs, rather than just increasing the cap.

Quote Originally Posted by ultimar235 View Post
    Shadowfiend does ok damage but it's just a pet, fire and forget - it's boring.

PI is balanced with other talents in that tier. You won't do much more and may even lose dps by picking it over DI or ToF. It's a situational gain if fight is very short.

Bender is same as Shadowfiend, a boring CD.
    You neglected to answer a single one of my questions. So according to what you said, would you want to get a CD that is "fun", if so what makes it fun and what cds are out there that are "fun" for you? I'll ask the same question as i did before, if PI was balanced and was equal or better on some fights than Tof/DI would that make PI a sufficient CD for you?

I'm not sure if I like the way Shadow feels right now, it's strength is multi-dotting, but it seems that outside of MSV and a few fights in Heart of Fear, there aren't many fights that we shine on. To me this comes down to 2 main reasons, it would be 3 but in 5.1 the Mind Sear buff takes care of that. First is that we are way too reliant on having orbs to open a fight, if we do our DPS remains with the rest of the raid towards the top, but if we don't we struggle to break 120-130k burst. To me this can be fixed by giving us some sort of way to regenerate orbs outside of combat, maybe some sort of rune-tap esque ability that grants us 3 orbs on a 45 sec - 1 min 30 sec CD? Finally we are just overall low on straight single target fights, especially when movement is involved, the only way we can even do some DPS while moving if we don't have any procs is to spam SW:P for 20-30k instant damage, to fix this my idea is to allow (via a glyph?) Mind Spike to be casted while moving.

Thoughts?

I don't really agree with your philosophy for the need for changes.

I think the changes made to alternate power systems for various classes has been great; it's provided a bit more "things to watch" which, for me, makes playing those classes a bit more interesting.

As other people have said... Use the right glyphs.