Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    arms does work, but fury will outscale it eventually but the gear level that it does is much higher than people think, I'm at 492 i lv now and it shows arms as 200dps ahead of 2h fury for me, If i could pick up 1h's though it would push 1h fury about 1900dps ahead, so its pretty close. Fury though has the potential to burst a lot higher so it can feel like a stronger spec when you look at logs of other's who have had a great deal of procs going there way on the fight. Arms feel's very consistent over many pulls compared to fury, it doesn't burst as hard or as high but still puts out very decent numbers.
    Im also curious with how arms scales and with the upcoming patch being able to essentially get a 509 herioc 2h upgraded via valor points to i think 517 (8 ilevels?) how arms will fare compared to fury if you have access to this weapon upgraded, as it could even things out a little more.

arms is not as bad as some say it is but i think (as arms player atm myself) arms has very low to non existant burst and scales bad with haste buffs like heroism, you're basically gcd capped - you cant push more buttons than the game allows you to :P

as fury a very large portion of your damage are raw melee attacks (favors heroism)

im still struggling with weapons i got 1 489 elegion and 1 starshatter 489 all other 1h/2h's are 463 (dont think a 470 pvp one would do it)

i think i wont go fury until i get another decent onehander above 463 ilvl

@opeth69 a fury with 517 onehanders would still be above the arms warrior with a 517 2h pretty sure..

on topic: yes arms is viable/worth it if you only got a decent 2hander i think: http://worldoflogs.com/reports/zjtaly75b1r7sz41/ of our latest alt raid

e: sorry logs are in german
    Last edited by adnre; 2012-11-18 at 04:12 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille
    You're full of shit honey.

It depends a lot on your gear.
    Arms is the winner till you got a couple of 489 weapons generally.

Deleted
    Arms is fun to play, and I do decent DPS in raids about 1-4'th spot usually.

I can't go fury at the moment because all I have is 1 normal starshatter, and even if I got another, I don't know if I would go fury because it seems like a RNG spec.

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ithus/advanced
    Last edited by mmoccc3932e217; 2012-11-18 at 07:13 PM.

Deleted
    Arms is viable enough, I've found the only time Fury pulls ahead atm is when they get near perfect RNG.

Quote Originally Posted by Sareth View Post
    Arms is fun to play, and I do decent DPS in raids about 1-4'th spot usually.

I can't go fury at the moment because all I have is 1 normal starshatter, and even if I got another, I don't know if I would go fury because it seems like a RNG spec.

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ithus/advanced
    tfb makes arms a rng spec while fury's "raging blow" procs/enrage uptime is more about your gear/critchance and zerker rage usage
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille
    You're full of shit honey.

Quote Originally Posted by Furypie View Post
    1. Arms is not low, it's worse than fury on most fights but it's far from low. I am going to guess that you are bad at it.

2. It is not that hard to get 2x 2 or 1 handers this tier, there are 1handers from Elegon, Ambershaper and sha of fear (if you clear all of them on normal you have 6 shots each week of getting atleast 1x 1hander plus you have 3 gold coins to roll with.)

There are 2x 2 handers from Elegon and Sha of fear, 5 weapons all in all, with lfr and normal mode it should be easy to get your hands on them within a month.
    My guild is casual and an arms warrior in my guild topped the charts on normal Elegon. Yes, it's normal, yes we aren't hardcore or amazing by any stretch, but they pulled 117k in the end. I know there are a lot of factors involved on a fight like Elegon, but still, you're saying it's very low dps wise. It most certainly is not. Fury is better, but not by much. In the end you can play either spec and pull insane numbers.

Arms is viable, it's just that fury scales better with gear. Crit benefits fury a lot more than arms cause most of the rng disappears in fury with lots of Crits.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by adnre View Post
    tfb makes arms a rng spec while fury's "raging blow" procs/enrage uptime is more about your gear/critchance and zerker rage usage
    I don't find myself relying on TFB at all, in fact it's a very rare bonus during an encounter.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sareth View Post
    I don't find myself relying on TFB at all, in fact it's a very rare bonus during an encounter.
    I see myself using HS often with 1 or 0 stacks of TFB, simply because I'm sitting at 100 rage and nothing else to do.
    tbh, I liked the "rend tick activates OP" from cata more than the "here you have a 30% change with MS to activate OP and another 30% of OP itself to activate it again and additionally getting a stack of TFB".
    I sometimes have no OP proc at all for 2 minutes, and sometimes I get two 5 stacks of TfB in a row. that is still way too random. I'd like to have a 50 or 60% chance to proc but a 40/50% increase (200/250% with 5 stacks) instead of this RNG feast which it is at the moment.

Deleted
    Arms and fury is rly tight atm its just ppl dont know that some skillz have changed and so has the rotation and pref attacks to use.
    I myself can easy follow a fury warr in dps on a single target fight and on fights with aoe he cant follow me.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cronaxx View Post
    Arms and fury is rly tight atm its just ppl dont know that some skillz have changed and so has the rotation and pref attacks to use.
    I myself can easy follow a fury warr in dps on a single target fight and on fights with aoe he cant follow me.
    then he cannot play. WW+RB is way ahead of arms WW... WW empowered RBs hit like damned trucks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Accaris View Post
    I'm getting a little frustrated with Arms. The DPS is so low, I'm constantly on the bottom of the charts in my raid. It's hard to get used to Fury considering Bloodthirst and Wild Strike both hit like a wet napkins, and I hate those dry periods with no Enrage. So boring. With Arms, there's a hard-hitting ability you can use all the time. There is no idle time like with Fury.

Plus, getting two weapons is next to impossible in this tier.
    Either the rest of your team is really really good than, or you are really bad. The DPS is only low if you are bad at it TBH, or have no weapon. The disparity between the top and bottom DPS classes is large, but arms isn't at the bottom.
    Last edited by Darkfriend; 2012-11-20 at 06:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by xebtria View Post
    I see myself using HS often with 1 or 0 stacks of TFB, simply because I'm sitting at 100 rage and nothing else to do.
    tbh, I liked the "rend tick activates OP" from cata more than the "here you have a 30% change with MS to activate OP and another 30% of OP itself to activate it again and additionally getting a stack of TFB".
    I sometimes have no OP proc at all for 2 minutes, and sometimes I get two 5 stacks of TfB in a row. that is still way too random. I'd like to have a 50 or 60% chance to proc but a 40/50% increase (200/250% with 5 stacks) instead of this RNG feast which it is at the moment.
    you have a 100% chance to activate OP with MS.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Lolol you guys are funny!

I'm also a warrior. I have a 484 item level. I rotate between TG fury and arms depending on what fight we are about to do. If there is a ton of aoe needed i'll be fury, if single target i'm going arms.

Now i prefer arms because of the fact i have liked arms a lot better than fury. I am the top dps in my guild. Our dps includes: Me (WAR), Spriest, Fdk, Hunter, Mage and sometimes an Ele shaman depending on fight.

It's all about your play style and what you prefer. If you know how to play your class, min/max your character, and do your rotation right, you'll have absolutely no problems on the meters. Which i know they aren't the most important thing to people, but now a days they are!

I.E Elegon fight. If you don't have the dps, you ain't making it no where! In the words of boondock saints: "Where you goin? NO WHERE!"

Anyway, the way i do arms. CS>MS>SLAM=OP/HS/DR/BS/BB. Don't forget them coolies! Or just go to noxxic (spelling? ehhh)

Deleted
    Personally, I am enjoying arms a lot more than I am playing fury, and as long as the spec isn't at the very bottom end of the barrel, and not able to produce the results required to kill bosses, I think you should play what you enjoy playing. Arms is definitely lower on the potential than fury, but the disparity isn't big enough to not make it viable.

Arms as a spec is very fun and yes it is worth playing. Arms is a awesome spec if you like/need a DPS that can put out a stable average damage but have good bursts of damage. It also brings a high up time on CS making the other melee in the raid very happy and boosting the over all raid damage. It does have its down sides, its burst rate is lower then fury and the rotation can get a little hectic when you start getting OP and CS proc chains but nothing too bad. As arms Crit will be the best secondary stat followed by mastery or haste (this is still an argued point so as this goes pick the one you like). So to sum it all up yes Arm is a good spec that has a nice mix of predictability and RNG. If played correct can top charts with the best of them.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    ^^ what them 2 just said mate. Arms is barely below fury, by like maybe 1-5k dps anyway. It's just more fun!

15+ Year Old Account
    another pro for arms is - I think it was mentioned before - it's easier to get hands on ONE weapon than on two.

Deleted
    Like almost every other question like this the answer is based around this question:

Do you want to have fun or play whatever is the most effective?

Answer to this question, read trough this thread and you know the answer.

PS. And even if arms is just by little lower than fury then it is not the most effective spec for said encounter no matter how hard you're going to justify playing arms. It either playing what's fun or what's the most effective. Not both at the moment when fury is ahead on almost all encounters.

EDIT: Of course weapons at hand also determine which is the most effective spec for your character. I was talking about situation when you have the possibility to choose spec independently from weapon choice.