Poll: What is best specc for LEVELING hunter?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Hunter's help : ) advice

Whats best specc to lvl up a Hunter? Cuz its terrible to lvl hunter atm , low dmg etc etc BM is op at lvl 90 I know that . But at lvling ? surv/MM/BM ?? thoughts ?

are you kidding? i think hunters are one of the easier and faster classes to level up - you have a pet to tank or help you kill, you can dump threat at anytime - reasonably good mobility - even stealth.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bellatrex View Post
    are you kidding? i think hunters are one of the easier and faster classes to level up - you have a pet to tank or help you kill, you can dump threat at anytime - reasonably good mobility - even stealth.
    Couldn't agree more with this. Especially with the glyph that resets MD when used on pet. Chain pull go-go.

Quote Originally Posted by Zdravkocolic View Post
    BM is op at lvl 90 I know that
    Huh? You mean in arenas? They hotfixed that away. You mean in PVE? Raidbots shows BM as seventh best. Not sure how that's "OP". http://raidbots.com/dpsbot/Spec_Scor...14/60/default/

I think they want to / have allready fixed that, but Aimedshot was quite OP until lvl 60-70, ie walk arround and oneshot nearly everything thanks do carefull aim.
    give it a try if it still works. (thats how I leveld to about 70 just befor the addon) after that I went survival, because Serpent sting damage is out of controll aswell, after getting improved serpent sting and serpent spread, you can multidot/ae farm like a champ! hitting 85 you may want to change for the rest, because mobs do actually have health, ie no steamrolling with Aimed/Multi. BM (or SV) for the rest I would suggest

I am lvl 40 atm btw so : )

Best class to level is always a hunter. Play whatever spec you want, get the mending and misdirection glyphs, have fun.

Quote Originally Posted by markdall View Post
    Huh? You mean in arenas? They hotfixed that away. You mean in PVE? Raidbots shows BM as seventh best. Not sure how that's "OP". http://raidbots.com/dpsbot/Spec_Scor...14/60/default/
    Raidbots are far from accurate, atleast that's how I feel.

Take a look at this http://raidbots.com/dpsbot/Spec_Scor...14/60/default/ Claims that Hunters are the worst class in heroic raiding, since we take up 3 out of the 5 specs of the worst 5 specs, however I'm pretty sure we're not.

We're definitely far away from the top, but we're not bad either.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Neteyes View Post

Take a look at this http://raidbots.com/dpsbot/Spec_Scor...14/60/default/ Claims that Hunters are the worst class in heroic raiding, since we take up 3 out of the 5 specs of the worst 5 specs, however I'm pretty sure we're not.

Far away from the top is by defenition bad on heroic mode raiding. I have to rank (as in sub 50) nearly every fight to even hope to keep up with non-ranking mages and shit like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Neteyes View Post

So you provide evidence that hunter are in the bottom 4 for parses, but you "think" we are not. I think you need to back up your "gut feeling".

10+ Year Old Account
    I've found SV to be useful while leveling through MoP (since you never pull just one mob in Dread Wastes) because of the superior AOE from Explosive Traps and Serpent Spread. Combo that with glyph of misdirect and a turtle pet and you're good to go.

SV is easier with Heirlooms, BM if you don't have any

all of the specs have their highs and lows during the leveling process depending on your current level, so there's no right or wrong in a general meaning.

Quote Originally Posted by Namarus View Post
    So you provide evidence that hunter are in the bottom 4 for parses, but you "think" we are not. I think you need to back up your "gut feeling".
    Why should I back up my thoughts when you already have the proof of it being opposite of what I think? I raid in a top ~60 25-man guild, and I can't say I feel as useless as you, and raidbots, and whoever else are QQ'ing at Hunters being bad and not viable. I get to raid, I do competitive DPS, what is there to complain about?

Hunters are also somewhat harder to produce better results with than say for example Warlocks and some other classes that are high on meters, which basically mean that the parses that raidbot uses aren't always going to be accurate. There's lots of Warlock parses, Warlocks are easier to produce good result with. Assume there's as many Hunter parses, there's not going to be as many good results because not every Hunter is good.

A good Hunter might do as much dps as a decent Warlock, but a decent Hunter won't do as much dps as a Warlock that's below average.

10+ Year Old Account
    Um. Unlimited MD (off the gcd so it can be macrod into all your shots) uptime on your pet and (gasp) pets finally getting an actual taunt = hard leveling?

lololol
    Look! Words!