Page 15 of 27 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Instead of fat "welfare" checks, big corporations and the rich get tax breaks and sweat deals.

Still sounds like mooching to me...

10+ Year Old Account
    Good lord..... Two things....
    1. Stop taking Romney's stance. You seem to miss the bus, that the GOP is basically dumping him for disagreeing with his wild claims.
    Several high profile Reps basically saying he's out of his mind and just a sore loser.
    Even accounting that the party has to do everything to keep it's face.. At the end of the day remains a guy who got caught for mass bullshitting well over a year ago.
    Without the 1.2 billion campaign money he had, the race would have been over before it even began.
    And even all the money couldn't help him with his twisting and turning. In past elections it was a candidates downfall already to adjust their message only once or twice.
    Romney changed his message on the go, and if necessary several times a day. Depending to whom he talked that moment.
    You didn't have to be a democrat to refuse him as President, for that alone.
    In the real world outside of politics guys like he are called a crook, a backstabbing liar, and everyone backs off of them.

And speaking of crook...
    No fact check done, but if that's true, ppl can donate candles in churches that a President Romney was dodged:
    http://www.politicususa.com/post-ele...y-hearing.html

Except something like 40% of Welfare checks are written in California....a pretty dame blue state.

---------- Post added 2012-11-16 at 02:05 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Hiricine View Post
    Well itd be nice if i was the right and you were the left in congress it seems, its a shame our politicians are retarded. The only beef about taxing capital gains is that the corporations that earned the money and paid it out to shareholders already was taxed at corporate tax rates. But it would seem to make more sense to tax the capital gains rather than the corporate income to most I think.
    You need to go back and take a corporate finance course, you're talking about dividends and not capital gains.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BugNuggets View Post
    Except something like 40% of Welfare checks are written in California....a pretty dame blue state.
    Get the hell over yourself and welfare checks...

Welfare is a great thing to have in the first place. Secondly, not all people on welfare don't work. Many do, the welfare is just completing their otherwise too low income. Fix that first, by raising the minimum wage, and see the welfare go down.
    Last but not least.. everyone so vehemently bashing welfare as if it was something negative, just pray that you or a family member of yours will never get in the situation to need it...... But once that happens, think about yourself..

Fact of the matter is.....
    Someone who sits on its ass 24/7 doing nothing at all, without any intention to change that, because they can beat the system and leech state and federal assistance are an extremely small percentage of the people that are entitled to welfare and or other govt aids.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BugNuggets View Post
    40%? Massively hyperbolized number.. try 9% : http://www.usgovernmentspending.com/...nding_2013b40S

And that probably has something to do with accessibility to welfare due to state programs as well as the fact that there are simply a ton of people there. And by god it seems to work! http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...y_poverty_rate

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kasierith View Post
    40%? Massively hyperbolized number.. try 9% : http://www.usgovernmentspending.com/...nding_2013b40S
    Looks even more different if you check the Welfare spending by GDP.
    http://www.usgovernmentspending.com/...nding_2013p40c

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kasierith View Post

And that probably has something to do with accessibility to welfare due to state programs as well as the fact that there are simply a ton of people there. And by god it seems to work! http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...y_poverty_rate
    Most of the conservatives on this site, and especially the ones that live in first world nations literally have no clue on how much it takes to run a first world state, let alone a nation. This is why the republican party, as the minority reactionary party, still exists. They appeal to a low information voter/citizens brain by comparing a household checkbook to the national budget of the largest government and economy in the world.
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    There is a problem, but I know just banning guns will fix the problem.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by raintrees View Post
    well i mean its pretty much true. how are you going to vote against the man who sends you a nice fat welfare check every month?
    Spot on, what these "minority's" fail to realize is one day there wont be any working class people making enough money to pay that fat welfare check from! Its all running out, what will they do then?

The sad thing is people just don't realize how close that day is coming, the great ole USA is flat broke!

Quote Originally Posted by moremana View Post
    Spot on, what these "minority's" fail to realize is one day there wont be any working class people making enough money to pay that fat welfare check from! Its all running out, what will they do then?

The sad thing is people just don't realize how close that day is coming, the great ole USA is flat broke!
    The working poor have jobs, and still get welfare. Try again.

Quote Originally Posted by Deadvolcanoes View Post
    Cause Obama created welfare right? Wait he didn't? Whats that? These people would still be receiving welfare if Romney won? Oh....how inconvenient to your argument...

Obama didn't create welfare, he didn't create food stamps, he didn't create medicare/medicaid. We live in a first world country with first world social programs. They are not going away. Get over it.

This 100% Romney though he could win by spending 90 million more then obama and got proven wrong.

What i am tired of seeing is people trying to use welfare/foodstamps/SSI/Disability ect.... to bash obama and people. Really hate to see what would those people who bash others cause they need help would do if they where in the same boat.

"News Flash" Welfare/foodstamps/SSI/Disability where all around before Obama.

As for the free cell phone comments. They only have 250mins texting dose use them up and the point of giving them out was so people can call about interviews and all not everyone has a cell phone. to get one you must be getting some short of government help like welfare/foodstamps/SSI/Disability.

Also as i said many times if other countrys can help there people then why can't ours. There is people in the US that need to stop living in the 1850's and join the rest of us in 2012.

Also to sum it up Romney is a sore loser.
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2012-11-16 at 02:25 PM.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

15+ Year Old Account

Yes, you are comparing the largest economy and government in the world with a person who is broke. There is no comparison, and it doesn't make sense, you are just making stuff up in your head to make sure your belief structure doesn't come crashing down.

Romney is a joke. No actual intelligent person voted for him and that's why he lost. He was counting on people hating Obama enough to get him elected, but because he flip-flopped and lied so many times, he lost the "anyone-with-a-brain" vote.
    There are good people in every corner of the planet. Unfortunately, the Earth is round.

10+ Year Old Account

Government Pensions $1.1 trillion
    Government Health Care + $1.1 trillion
    Government Education + $0.9 trillion
    National Defense + $0.9 trillion
    Government Welfare + $0.6 trillion
    All Other Spending + $1.6 trillion
    Total Government Spending $6.4 trillion
    Federal Deficit + $0.9 trillion

You cut back on "All other spending"
    You fix the health care. Mind, the USA pays the highest amount on healthcare yet at the same time has the worst coverage in the entire western/modern world.
    It would be possible to bring the numbers down, and at the same time give the people true coverage.

Right now it is absolutely possible for a middle class family to get entirely bankrupt if a serious medical condition happens to a family member. Despite of having health insurance. Those people are then a welfare case.

Cut back on "national defense" you spend more on that, than the next 17 countries combined.
    Your military is as large as the next 20 countries combined.
    Cut it in half and you are still well above the rest.

Quote Originally Posted by Daelak View Post
    Most of the conservatives on this site, and especially the ones that live in first world nations literally have no clue on how much it takes to run a first world state, let alone a nation. This is why the republican party, as the minority reactionary party, still exists. They appeal to a low information voter/citizens brain by comparing a household checkbook to the national budget of the largest government and economy in the world.
    Try living on 7.25$ a hr and only work 20-30hrs a week then come back and talk to us.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Try living on 7.25$ a hr and only work 20-30hrs a week then come back and talk to us.
    No, I am a proponent of social welfare, in fact I would want to increase the minimum wage. If you give the largest consumer base more money our economy will be better off. Get them off credit.

I was going to write a response to many of the posts in this thread, but then I remembered a song by a local artist who says it all far better than I can.

Atmosphere, Guarantees

Let's all ride the Gish gallop.

No, I am a proponent of social welfare, in fact I would want to increase the minimum wage.
    How ingenious. So the average price of goods can increase again?
    Do you not understand how an economy works?
    There are good people in every corner of the planet. Unfortunately, the Earth is round.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xsublymonalx View Post
    What do you mean again? Food prices are set on the global marketplace. You increase the wages of your citizens so they have an edge on pricing, like Germany.

10+ Year Old Account
    No, I am a proponent of social welfare, in fact I would want to increase the minimum wage. If you give the largest consumer base more money our economy will be better off. Get them off credit.
    That's the struggle.
    Both parties don't really fight for that.
    In my observation the Democrats hesitate, the Republicans refuse.

It's also shown well in the topic of China being a currency cheater.
    Obama explained it to the people during the debates in a more understanding fashion, by pointing out that china keeps its wages down. Low income makes them competitive on the world trade market, and no one can match it. Besides of holding the currency value down.
    Yet if I take that measure of the income level. The USA would then be number 2 on the cheaters list.
    Why?
    The minimum wage is significantly lower than that in the rest of the modern world, and at the same time the workers are denied benefits which all others in the modern world long enjoy. Europe's businesses facing extremely higher costs on jobs per hour for example. They also have generally a lot more taxes to pay, both Business and Employee.
    Now the turn back to world trade. The prices for US products are on par with the others.
    However, the producers pay less than the others.... Where does all that money go they saved?
    Into their profits..
    Conclusion... America gets richer on the top.. in the middle and on the bottom is basically nothing left.

Quote Originally Posted by xsublymonalx View Post
    The relative purchasing power of the working poor would increase.

It's not like your raising EVERYONE'S wage.