Page 6 of 27 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Warchief
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottsdaleHokie View Post
    You really think we can afford to go 1 - 1.5 trillion further into debt every year for the next decade? Oh, and lets tax the rich to make up the difference, you can tax them at 100% and it will only pay for 91 days of spending at the current rate.
    The problem is that you present that as your argument, then support a candidate that was calling for 20% across the board tax cuts and another $5 trillion in military spending. How does THAT jive with the debt? Raising taxes on the Rich won't help, but cutting taxes for everyone and increasing spending will help? How does THAT math work?

Quote Originally Posted by Kivimetsan View Post
    Either way, you cannot disregard the fact that the country is in crisis and on the brink of social unrest.
    When less than 20% of a country votes for its leader, you know something is wrong...
    USA and world needs to awaken to reality or we will fall deeply into tyranny.
    Only about 53% of the population in the us is actually eligible to vote of that ~70% voted.

The entire population is not nor should be eligible to vote. I for one don't think my 7 year old brother needs a say in politics.

Quote Originally Posted by Belisarius565 View Post
    How were they demonizing certain groups just based on their complexion? That is my main point, the only factor would be how different they look, and nothing else. So it would apply to them as well.
    I wish that's what Romney and the Republicans had been doing. I think it would have been a better campaign, and maybe Romney might have had a chance of winning that wasn't made up by Fox News. Unfortunately, their basic strategy's been the same since Johnson ran the 1964 Civil Rights Act through Congress. The short version if you don't follow the link is "white people good, people of color scary and bad."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Codyak View Post
    Whenever I think of of the irony behind the conservative/Republican side being largely Christian and trying to push those values on others, I am just reminded of this picture.

Hehe... So true...
    Sir Robin, the Not-Quite-So-Brave-As-Sir-Lancelot.
    Who had nearly fought the Dragon of Angnor.
    Who had almost stood up to the vicious Chicken of Bristol.
    And who had personally wet himself, at the Battle of Badon Hill.

Quote Originally Posted by ptwonline View Post
    Why do religious people--whose beliefs offer various forms of eternal paradise vs eternal damnation--complain about someone else getting support by "promising stuff"? Can you possibly get more hypocritical than that?
    Yes. Yes, we can get more hypocritical. Thank you for asking.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deadvolcanoes View Post
    Romney is certainly right to blame minorities for his loss. 71% of Latinos voted for Obama, something like 95% of African Americans voted for Obama, and 73% of Asians voted for Obama.

What Romney doesn't understand is why these minority groups are voting Democrat. The Republicans simply have nothing to offer them.
    Seems to me like your sentence spells out that he did understand it.

Quote Originally Posted by Codyak View Post
    Whenever I think of of the irony behind the conservative/Republican side being largely Christian and trying to push those values on others, I am just reminded of this picture.

Heh.

Ah, that image brings back memories. My father is a doctor and when I and my brother were little we used to stay in his office (no daycare or babysitters for us). Boredom galore! Nothing to read but women's magazines and colorful books of illustrated Bible stories someone had given, as they always do. I think I read about Joseph and his coat of many colors about 100 times.

Quote Originally Posted by Rukentuts View Post
    Saying all blacks are in poverty is racist. Saying those in poverty are made up of mostly minorities isn't.

Saying that would be incorrect, tho. There are more poor white people then poor minorities.
    Quote Originally Posted by xxAkirhaxx View Post
    Blizzard is a conglomerate that through lower sub numbers has raised revenue. They're not stupid, they're just not catering to you.
    Yes yes, I know, the sky just bonked you on the head, casuals are taking over the government, and some baddie just got a raid drop... I think you'll live.

http://darisdroppings.wordpress.com

Quote Originally Posted by Purlina View Post
    The both involve promises to support one thing, in exchange for another thing.

I don't understand why Republicans are against helping others. Isn't that what the bible supports?
    Hence why many people keep saying that Capitalism is America's true religion.

The both involve promises to support one thing, in exchange for another thing.

I don't understand why Republicans are against helping others. Isn't that what the bible supports?
    They're not against helping others. They believe that if something is handed out, you do something in return for it. For example, my view of welfare as a Mormon is that it is important to work for what you get. If you receive welfare from the church, you are expected to volunteer at a cannery or things like that to "pay" for what you have been given. The goal is to help you become self-reliant not greedy/needy.
    MY X/Y POKEMON FRIEND CODE: 1418-7279-9541 In Game Name: Michael__

Quote Originally Posted by Deadvolcanoes View Post
    Romney is certainly right to blame minorities for his loss. 71% of Latinos voted for Obama, something like 95% of African Americans voted for Obama, and 73% of Asians voted for Obama.

What Romney doesn't understand is why these minority groups are voting Democrat. The Republicans simply have nothing to offer them.
    I frankly don't believe it's the governments place to seize my money and then 'offer' it off to people for votes. I for one am sick of generation mooch and if I were American I would have voted for Romney, because he had the balls to call out the moochers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dd614 View Post
    On a side note, how hilarious is it that the most liberal republican candidate ever Mitt Romney was successfully painted as a right wing extremist by the Obama campaign? lols
    Please explain to the rest of the class in any way shape or form how Mitt Romney was the most liberal republican candidate ever?

Or, how he could be considered liberal by really any standard?

I'm dying to know.
    Forum badass alert:
    Quote Originally Posted by Rochana Violence View Post
    It's called resistance / rebellion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rochana Violence View Post
    Also, one day the tables might turn.

Quote Originally Posted by Symphonic View Post
    They're not against helping others. They believe that if something is handed out, you do something in return for it.
    Yes, but is that what the bible teaches? Republicans have such a hard on for religion, but they only follow the parts they like.

Quote Originally Posted by Symphonic View Post
    They're not against helping others. They believe that if something is handed out, you do something in return for it. For example, my view of welfare as a Mormon is that it is important to work for what you get. If you receive welfare from the church, you are expected to volunteer at a cannery or things like that to "pay" for what you have been given. The goal is to help you become self-reliant not greedy/needy.
    What if you are unable to work. Say if you are injured or cannot find a job. What are you supposed to do then, starve because you can't really give enough back?

Even volunteering is problematic because on the scale we are talking about you could be doing--for free--millions of jobs that other people could be doing and earning a wage for doing. This creates a self-reinforcing problem.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, but is that what the bible teaches? Republicans have such a hard on for religion, but they only follow the parts they like.
    Republicans and Democrats only have a hard on for religion when they are on TV. . . jesus fucking christ people, you do know that you cant believe anything you see on TV right? Especially politics. I cant fucking believe this is even a discussion.

Quote Originally Posted by Sathnick View Post
    By definition a "minority" won't win you any election...just saying...
    all the minorities will

Quote Originally Posted by ptwonline View Post
    What if you are unable to work. Say if you are injured or cannot find a job. What are you supposed to do then, starve because you can't really give enough back?

Even volunteering is problematic because on the scale we are talking about you could be doing--for free--millions of jobs that other people could be doing and earning a wage for doing. This creates a self-reinforcing problem.
    Obviously, you'd only do that if able. We don't deny service to anyone (doesn't even matter your religion)
    MY X/Y POKEMON FRIEND CODE: 1418-7279-9541 In Game Name: Michael__

Quote Originally Posted by Beazy View Post
    Republicans and Democrats only have a hard on for religion when they are on TV. . . jesus fucking christ people, you do know that you cant believe anything you see on TV right? Especially politics. I cant fucking believe this is even a discussion.
    So that's why the Republicans opposed gay marriages, and abortions?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Beazy View Post
    Well they're trying to publicly represent the majority of America...

I don't really believe a politician can actually be devoutly religious because of the nature of the job and the intelligence required to complete it. Then again, there are some stupid politicians

Quote Originally Posted by Diurdi View Post
    I doubt you know enough about Finland to say this.
    The opposite has never stopped you.