Poll: What would you do with Thrall?

Page 1 of 6
... LastLast
    Deleted

What about Thrall?

We don't know what the Horde command will look like at the end of this expansion.

If it were up to you, would you return it to the state is was in before, with Thrall at the helm?

10+ Year Old Account
    There are 2 things I want to happen in the story to set it right

1 - Return the horde to as it was before Garrosh tainted it, meaning all races of the horde as a brotherhood who are equal to one another, standing for a common practice, that its not about orcs dominating things, its about each race being close allies and friend, well still fighting the good fight against a common enemy.

2 - For Thrall to return in some capacity, even if he isn't warchief, to just be here with the horde. I HATED then making him neutral, it was bs. Thrall made this horde and he is the reason I wanted to be horde. Them having cast him adrift thanks to this neutral crap in cata, I want to see undone.

So i want Thrall back and AS HORDE, even if he isn't leading, then at least being important to the horde once again.
    #boycottchina

Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    There are 2 things I want to happen in the story to set it right

1 - Return the horde to as it was before Garrosh tainted it, meaning all races of the horde as a brotherhood who are equal to one another, standing for a common practice, that its not about orcs dominating things, its about each race being close allies and friend, well still fighting the good fight against a common enemy.

2 - For Thrall to return in some capacity, even if he isn't warchief, to just be here with the horde. I HATED then making him neutral, it was bs. Thrall made this horde and he is the reason I wanted to be horde. Them having cast him adrift thanks to this neutral crap in cata, I want to see undone.

So i want Thrall back and AS HORDE, even if he isn't leading, then at least being important to the horde once again.
    That about sums it up for me too. While it was really fun doing quests and stuff with him, I couldn't get over how odd it was that he wasn't smashing my face in with his Doomhammer whenever I ran up to him on my Alliance main. Putting major Lore characters into gameplay is a great idea on Blizz's part, makes the storyline and stuff more engaging, but lets leave our respected factions as they should be.

I would love to see the Horde return to how it was before Garrosh became Warchief BUT I do not want to see Thrall return.

I wasn't too happy when they made him neutral in Cata but that storyline worked. He needed to become the World Shaman and save Azeroth and blahblahblah. That's great, he did that, helped US kill Deathwing (not the other way around because he's a lazy prick and sat in the back the entire fight) and then made a baby. He needs to go retire and raise his kid and live with his nagging wife.

Get someone new in as Warchief. I vote Baine or Vol'jin.

Deleted
    I think someone war oriented should be warchief. So Thrall is out of the picture.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nemro82 View Post
    I think someone war oriented should be warchief. So Thrall is out of the picture.
    The horde has had to put up with a 'war oriented' leader for several years now, and look what happened with him. The horde is in disarray and its forming a rebellion against that warchief.

If there is a sound reason for having a war like leader, then it would make sense, but having a leader that wants to create war, just for the purposes of having war, it is what screwed up the horde in all its previous incarnations, or didn't the lessons of the past mean anything to people?

The horde needs a leader who is wise, able to know friend from foe, and able to stand against a force that would destroy them. And as it stands, Thrall was the only leader who fit that description.
    #boycottchina

10+ Year Old Account
    2 - For Thrall to return in some capacity, even if he isn't warchief, to just be here with the horde. I HATED them making <my faction hero/leader> neutral, it was bs.
    Welcome to the Alliance, Trassk.
    Last edited by Chonar; 2012-11-15 at 02:52 PM.
    Looking marvelous in velvet.

10+ Year Old Account
    I wouldn't mind him as Warchief if he found his balls again. Warchief Thrall was a great character; patient, cunning, savvy, with a capacity for both ruthlessness and compassion. He recruited every single one of the Horde's playable races (save the pandaren), and his true loyalties were clear even after being bastardized by neutrality.

World Shaman Thrall was too perfect for my tastes. He needs to face the colossal fuckup he made with leaving Sharrosh in charge and work to save the Horde he built up from scratch.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaelsino View Post
    I wouldn't mind him as Warchief if he found his balls again.
    He can't find his balls.
    Because Thrall's Balls, they're everywhere.

OT: I'd like to see the Horde split permanently in two. Not in the way it is now with bubbling hostility in the underneith, but a type of consentual "body" and "spirit" division. Have Thrall return as the leader of the Horde's spiritual side, and have someone like Saurfang be its' warchief, in charge of all the no-nonsense gritty business like fighting elves for lumber.

Ironforge has a council of three, so no reason Orgrimmar can't have a council of two.
    Looking marvelous in velvet.

Deleted
    I'd ;ike Thrall as a warchief if he becomes badass Thrall again ready to fuck up the next threat to Azeroth or if he leads the Horde in partnership with someone else. Have a Warchief who spends most of his time with the various war efforts that happen while Thrall is making sure the horde stay united both in spirit and body.

Deleted
    I can see thrall being I involved but not as war chief, he has his own path now

So do we get Khadgar, Tirion, and Malfurion back from neutrality?

I'm most disappointed with Malfurion. He and Thrall were the perfect balance to one another on the two sides. Where Garrosh and Varian are the polar opposite ends of Horde/Alliance, Thrall and Malfurion are the two sides of the same coin.

They both want peace between Horde and Alliance, but shouldn't be afraid to fight when it's called for. The world's most power druid, the world's most powerful shaman. They would have been good counterbalances to Horde/Alliance.

But Malfurion's not a human, so why would they develop him into such a prominent position? :/

You're getting him back starting with reclaiming Echo Isles from Garrosh's forces in 5.1 and then I think he should take a more traditional shaman position in the Horde as a chief advisor, but not as Warchief.
    Last edited by Faroth; 2012-11-15 at 03:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaelsino View Post
    I wouldn't mind him as Warchief if he found his balls again. Warchief Thrall was a great character; patient, cunning, savvy, with a capacity for both ruthlessness and compassion. He recruited every single one of the Horde's playable races (save the pandaren), and his true loyalties were clear even after being bastardized by neutrality.

World Shaman Thrall was too perfect for my tastes. He needs to face the colossal fuckup he made with leaving Sharrosh in charge and work to save the Horde he built up from scratch.

It was Warchief Thrall who picked "Sharrosh" as his successor. Warchief Thrall also let the Forsaken go unwatched to the point that they screwed up Horde/Ally relations big time. Two massive fuckups there.

Deleted
    Keep Thrall neutralish, like they did with countless Ally Heroes, and make someone else warchief (imo)!

With the Alliance now having a central leader, I think its time for the Horde to move away from that concept and try an Elder Council style of government, at least in Kalimdor.

Having one or two representitives from each member race having equal power and say in matters would help stop the sort of insanity that Garrosh unleashed upon non-Orcs. It also means that loss of a leader wouldn't be so crippling to the entire faction.

The only downside is there may be a situation where the council wouldn't be able to meet, and a problem needs resolving quickly. But giving each of the council members the power to act as Warchief temporarily during a crisis would fix most of the problems.

And make it so the council has an odd number of members and no member can decline during a vote would solve any statemate situations.

Main problem is, who would serve on this council? There's a power gap without either Garrosh or Thrall.

Deleted
    No more thrall! PLEASE! Give some other lore character's a time in the spotlight, green jesus had plenty in cataclysm.

Quote Originally Posted by Durandro View Post
    With the Alliance now having a central leader, I think its time for the Horde to move away from that concept and try an Elder Council style of government, at least in Kalimdor.

Having one or two representitives from each member race having equal power and say in matters would help stop the sort of insanity that Garrosh unleashed upon non-Orcs. It also means that loss of a leader wouldn't be so crippling to the entire faction.

The only downside is there may be a situation where the council wouldn't be able to meet, and a problem needs resolving quickly. But giving each of the council members the power to act as Warchief temporarily during a crisis would fix most of the problems.

And make it so the council has an odd number of members and no member can decline during a vote would solve any statemate situations.

Main problem is, who would serve on this council? There's a power gap without either Garrosh or Thrall.
    So since the Alliance is being mishandled from what they are supposed to be and moving more towards a mirror of the Horde "central leader" style, the Horde should become what the Alliance should have been handled as the whole time?

Not likely.

The dark lady kills them all \o/
    Quote Originally Posted by Kavoo View Post
    Well I do have a penis attached to me as well but I dont know 'a lot' about it, I dont even know how it tastes. Maybe you do.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lycoris View Post
    Everyone who does not miss Vanilla has no heart. Whoever wishes it back has no brain.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lostwood View Post
    If it were up to you, would you return it to the state is was in before, with Thrall at the helm?
    Thrall as Warchief, Garrosh as Overlord again.

And please for the love of god, no Vol'jin in a ridiculous council. That's not the Horde way.

Deleted
    Have Sylvanas and the Forsaken wipe out half of Org during the raid with the plague, eliminating the alliance forces there and taking out a lot of non Forsaken making the resistance on her becoming the new leader of the Horde almost nonexistent ! Then keep Thrall on a leash in the corner!