Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Fallout: New Vegas has elements of the gameplay, experience for discovering new areas and the ability to pick skillpoints and perks as you level up that improve you as well as purchasing implants to increase stats or upgrade your weapons. Has a pretty good stealth system too, not the greatest but it's easy to learn.

Suppose you could mention Fallout 3 here, but I'm not a great fan.

---------- Post added 2012-11-17 at 02:39 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Varyk View Post
    Mass Effect? If you haven't played tho I would do that immediately (start with 2 and 3)
    What? No, play 1 first, and enjoy it as much as you can. It's very hard to go back to it after you play 2, but it's still a brilliant game.
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.

Deleted
    Vampire The Masquerade Bloodlines, already mentioned but it's definitely the closest you can get to Deus Ex, and it's a really amazing game. System Shock 2 is also along these lines with with a bit more survival horror, and is another total classic.

All three STALKER games are great, you don't really level up anything, but it's full of questing and item management and again is an amazing franchise, can be hard as nails too.

Also, if you mean the original DE, play human revolution. If you meant HR, play the original.
    Just don't play Deus Ex: Invisible War.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fengore View Post
    Fallout: New Vegas has elements of the gameplay, experience for discovering new areas and the ability to pick skillpoints and perks as you level up that improve you as well as purchasing implants to increase stats or upgrade your weapons. Has a pretty good stealth system too, not the greatest but it's easy to learn.

Suppose you could mention Fallout 3 here, but I'm not a great fan.

---------- Post added 2012-11-17 at 02:39 PM ----------

What? No, play 1 first, and enjoy it as much as you can. It's very hard to go back to it after you play 2, but it's still a brilliant game.
    I feel like it will just turn him away from the franchise seeing how much better 2 and 3 are. (I guess he won't know tho?). It's actually a fine game I suppose, just the accuracy of the guns and the ammo shenanigans made me not like it. With exception to the last 30 minutes of Mass Effect 3, It's probably one of the best video games of all time. I couldn't put it down, it's just an amazing experience (ending disagreements aside, which I believe have even been fixed)

Also, Fallout 3 is unplayable on PC if you buy it from Steam. Please don't buy it, it won't work. Even with the suggested fixes in the forum it doesn't work. Bethesda has said they aren't going to do anything about it, just don't waste your money. Fallout New Vegas might work, I'd check the forums first. It's a newer game, so a lot of the sound/video issues preventing 3 from running may not apply to NV.

10+ Year Old Account
    I feel like it will just turn him away from the franchise seeing how much better 2 and 3 are. (I guess he won't know tho?). It's actually a fine game I suppose, just the accuracy of the guns and the ammo shenanigans made me not like it. With exception to the last 30 minutes of Mass Effect 3, It's probably one of the best video games of all time. I couldn't put it down, it's just an amazing experience (ending disagreements aside, which I believe have even been fixed)
    The only thing I hate about 3 is the scene with the catalyst. Everything before and after is pretty awesome. And the extended cut fix every problem I had with the end (the lack of closure, the "why the fuck did the normandy crash," etc) except the Catalyst itself.

As for 1, I didn't like 1 as much as 2 and 3 but 1 was still an amazing and fun game. I think anyone who hasn't played ME should start at 1, though its combat system isn't very polished.
    Putin khuliyo

10+ Year Old Account
    I feel like it will just turn him away from the franchise seeing how much better 2 and 3 are. (I guess he won't know tho?).
    It's only poor when you stand it up to ME2/3, alone it's a brilliant game.

Also, Fallout 3 is unplayable on PC if you buy it from Steam. Please don't buy it, it won't work.
    Since when? Both work fine on Steam for me.
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.