Deleted

Elemental: SimCraft scale factors & ReforgeLite

So I'm new to SimCraft and I got this scale factors after the last sim to figure out how to socket / reforge.

Int = 3.42
    Crit = 1.07
    Haste = 1.09
    Mastery = 1.23

Ranking: Int > Mastery > Haste = Crit

Should I replace the pre-set values for Elemental in ReforgeLite with the above factors and would it be worth to socket for pure Int, ignoring even Int socket boni?

Deleted
    About socketing: You need to calculate it. Let's say you have a chest piece with 2 sockets, 1 red + 1 yellow and + 120 int bonus. If you go and match the socket bonus you calc 160x3.42 + (80x3.42+160x1.09) + 120x3.42 = 1405,6 <---- Matching it with pure int and int+haste -gems.
    Now going for only int gems: 320x3.42 = 1094,4

So clearly matching the sockets is worth it in this scenario.

And for reforging: Yes, when using reforge lite you click the "Advanced Mode" -check box and input the values there. But you need to multiply the numbers by 100 first so that the addon can understand them properly. So you would input Crit as 107, Haste as 109, etc..
    Last edited by mmocd5a07d78b9; 2012-11-15 at 12:35 PM.

Deleted
    From what I've seen, a good rule of the thumb is that if the socket bonus is intellect, go for it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jesmam View Post
    And for reforging: Yes, when using reforge lite you click the "Advanced Mode" -check box and input the values there. But you need to multiply the numbers by 100 first so that the addon can understand them properly. So you would input Int as 342, Haste as 109, etc..
    I tested it, and even tho I'm at hit cap it reforges into Spirit.. even Haste.

Deleted
    If you're already hit capped (15%), make sure you put Hit value close to zero. I put mine to '20' and after hit cap '0' and it reforged fine.

Deleted
    About socketing: You need to calculate it. Let's say you have a chest piece with 2 sockets, 1 red + 1 yellow and + 120 int bonus. If you go and match the socket bonus you calc 160x3.42 + (80x3.42+160x1.09) + 120x3.42 = 1405,6 <---- Matching it with pure int and int+haste -gems.
    Now going for only int gems: 320x3.42 = 1094,4

So clearly matching the sockets is worth it in this scenario.
    [1] 160x3.42 + [2] (80x3.42+160x1.09) + [3] 120x3.42 = 1405,6

1 - 2x 80 Int from the 2 gems
    2 - again Int? + 2x haste from the gems
    3 - Int from the socket boni

Got confused on where you got the numbers from, even if its a made up item. ^^

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/item/85826 (my chest piece)

yellow = Int/Haste gem
    blue = Int/Spirit
    socket bonus = 120 Int

So it'd look like this:

(1) 280*3.42 + 80*1.09 = 1044.8
    (2) 320*3.42 = 1094.4

So 2x 160 Int gems would be superior in this scenario, if I understood right.

---------- Post added 2012-11-15 at 01:54 PM ----------

If you're already hit capped (15%), make sure you put Hit value close to zero. I put mine to '20' and after hit cap '0' and it reforged fine.
    Worked fine, thanks - didnt pay attention to the Hit factor. In general in reforged away ~6% Haste and I got a bunch of Mastery.

Deleted
    (1) 280*3.42 + 80*1.09 = 1044.8
    (2) 320*3.42 = 1094.4
    Actually you're counting the secondary stat wrong @(1). It's 80int+160haste so 280*3.42 + 160*1.09 = 1132 which is > than going for pure int

But overall you got the idea Just make sure you calculate with the right numbers

after reforging you should run simcraft again as it is possible that you weights have changed. this is why the reforge plot is really helpful. unfortunately it is really slow to generate.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nebria View Post
    after reforging you should run simcraft again as it is possible that you weights have changed. this is why the reforge plot is really helpful. unfortunately it is really slow to generate.
    Ehm, but then it wouldnt have an end, or am I wrong? haha

Actually you're counting the secondary stat wrong @(1). It's 80int+160haste so 280*3.42 + 160*1.09 = 1132 which is > than going for pure int

But overall you got the idea Just make sure you calculate with the right numbers
    well don't forget the secondary stat from the blue socket. it's value should be counted too. in this case it is spirit which means you can reforge else where away from spirit so you get up to 40% of 160 spirit again as mastery/haste

---------- Post added 2012-11-15 at 02:13 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by UcanDoSht View Post
    Ehm, but then it wouldnt have an end, or am I wrong? haha
    there is an end. if you use the reforge plot and see that neither reforging into one of the stats gets you a dps increase.

the problem is if you reforge everything into haste you get mastery as prefered stat, if you do reforge everything into mastery haste is on top. so in the end you have to balance it.
    just try it. if you resim again and mastery is still on top everything is ok. if haste is on top, rinse and repeat^^
    that's why it is useful to edit the simcraft profile with the new values or use some other source where you can apply the new reforging values without actually doing so as you may spent gold for nothing.

also we are speaking of perhaps several hundreds of dps. so imo it is some micro optimizing and you have to decide for yourself if it is worth to resim/reforge until everything seems perfectly.
    the most benefit you already got because you did a initial sim and found your personal weights which can be very different from general rules.
    Last edited by Nebria; 2012-11-15 at 01:20 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nebria View Post
    well don't forget the secondary stat from the blue socket. it's value should be counted too. in this case it is spirit which means you can reforge else where away from spirit so you get up to 40% of 160 spirit again as mastery/haste

---------- Post added 2012-11-15 at 02:13 PM ----------

there is an end. if you use the reforge plot and see that neither reforging into one of the stats gets you a dps increase.

the problem is if you reforge everything into haste you get mastery as prefered stat, if you do reforge everything into mastery haste is on top. so in the end you have to balance it.
    just try it. if you resim again and mastery is still on top everything is ok. if haste is on top, rinse and repeat^^
    that's why it is useful to edit the simcraft profile with the new values or use some other source where you can apply the new reforging values without actually doing so as you may spent gold for nothing.

also we are speaking of perhaps several hundreds of dps. so imo it is some micro optimizing and you have to decide for yourself if it is worth to resim/reforge until everything seems perfectly.
    the most benefit you already got because you did a initial sim and found your personal weights which can be very different from general rules.
    Now I dont have a scale factor for Spirit. :/ I used this guide http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7UE_W2spSLQ - and he also didnt plot for Hit/Spirit. And what other source do you mean? AskMrRobot?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by UcanDoSht View Post
    So I'm new to SimCraft and I got this scale factors after the last sim to figure out how to socket / reforge.

Int = 3.42
    Crit = 1.07
    Haste = 1.09
    Mastery = 1.23

Ranking: Int > Mastery > Haste = Crit

Should I replace the pre-set values for Elemental in ReforgeLite with the above factors and would it be worth to socket for pure Int, ignoring even Int socket boni?
    Remember that your scale factors change when ever you get a new stat - yes, just a single stat point will change it. Use the plots instead