10+ Year Old Account

Another girl problems thread.

So, usually I can handle situations that involve girls, but this one involves a thing that I'm not very experienced in: Social media.

I may be a teenager, but I'm pretty old fashioned when it comes to dating. I always approach a girl face to face, I don't text very much and prefer talking on the phone or using Skype, and I never really use Facebook or Twitter to talk to girls I like. So, let me give you some background info.

I just got back from a school trip where we went to NYC. The girl in question was also on the trip, but we were in different groups, so we weren't around each other very much until the last day. Me and 2 of my friends decided to stay in on the last day and pack and chill since we were hella tired. Well so did the girl and her friends, so we ran across each other through the night. Nothing serious, just some light flirting. Now, we're back and this is the point where I'd talk to her in person, but the unfortunate thing is that I don't have any classes with her, and I don't see her very much during school. So, my question for you guys is, should I ask the girl for her number on Facebook? Or will that come off as creepy?

this is the first time ive ever actually replied to one of these topics usually much more fun to just sit back and read haha. First of all did you both get along on that night if yes then all good. Dont outright ask for her number it does come off as kinda desperate and somewhat creepy, just message her on facebook

"hey, did you enjoy the trip blah blah blah pretty standard small talk"

talk for a little while then make ask her for her number, who knows she might even offer her number to you without you even asking (my current gf did)

just have a standard conversation with her dont make yourself come across as too forward. Talk to her like you would any other person youd talk to face to face.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, I think that's what I'm gonna have to do. Although, I'd prefer to get her number as soon as possible because I'm way more comfortable texting than I am using facebook, but I'm getting ahead of myself.

I see absolutely no point in bothering with anything resembling a long distance relationship while in high school.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    I see absolutely no point in bothering with anything resembling a long distance relationship while in high school.
    It might have helped if you read it. They go to the same school.

I'd say go out of your way to talk to her OP. Not too much but just enough to show some interest without being stalkerish. You'll be able to read the vibes a little better.

Trying to message someone randomly on FB/twitter never works out. I would say don't try it.

If you can't go out of your way to talk to her now, how are you going to go out of your way to talk to you if you're trying to be in a relationship with her?
    Why am I back here, I don't even play these games anymore

The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

Just get straight to the point... Its not hard to ask her What is your number?

Very simple straight to it

Quote Originally Posted by stuck4cash View Post
    It might have helped if you read it. They go to the same school.
    Yeah, my bad. Tired and drunk is no way to go through life. Misread that pretty badly, shouldn't have skimmed and then decided I knew what was going on.

Quote Originally Posted by vizzle View Post
    If you can't go out of your way to talk to her now, how are you going to go out of your way to talk to you if you're trying to be in a relationship with her?
    I agree with the vizzmeister. If you can't go slightly out of your way to ask her for her number, then what interest are you showing? Not a lot.