Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Lathais View Post
    Yeah, it missed what I was trying to do. I mean I knew it was beneath the world-firsters, but far ahead of the casuals. I just though there were more of the not-quite-hardcore-but-definitely-not-casual players that were regular posters here. You know, people that are just now stepping into raids for the first time, this week or last week. But it does appear that most of the players here are much more casual than I thought.
    I think this is fair, I do take my gaming seriously but I'm always prone to being very casual about leveling. a big part of it has to do with the fact that i usually HATE to do it and therefore don't like to keep alts, so I make sure that the one time I do it, I take my time and explore/enjoy everything there is to. also factor in that I travel a lot for work and have limited free time. I do however, spend every free moment I can spare on Rift - which to me, is dedication baby!

On Lore, I'm a fan of storyline. I've always felt that entering a dungeon or a raid without understanding what the hell I'm doing there was a big disconnect and ruined the motivation for me. I'm sure that if we were to test this, a lot of people would probably report that completing an encounter with a named, lore rich boss is more thrilling and prestigious than defeating an unknown. This also works from tier to tier. I can certainly understand people who hate it and just want to melt faces, all's fair in love, war and MMO's.

EDIT: I've dinged 59 this morning. 5 million XP to go. Just starting Ashora and then have the Infinite Steppes left to complete.
    Last edited by Antipathy; 2012-11-30 at 08:35 PM.
    {I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it. }

Antipathy, advice: do those two zones the other way around, otherwise your level 59 is going to feel even longer. Ashora outside of a short story quest is 100% carnages.

Quote Originally Posted by Laikai View Post
    Antipathy, advice: do those two zones the other way around, otherwise your level 59 is going to feel even longer. Ashora outside of a short story quest is 100% carnages.
    Thank you, will do for sure.
    {I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it. }

lvl 57 on my rogue lvled pretty much mainly through PvP (spent alot of time farming mats to make plat while prices have been high and the time sink called Dimensions)
    the lvling via quests and carnages just got boring fast for me,
    RIFT: Valakin lvl 60 rogue / Valakis lvl 60 mage - Zaviel EU, guild "Consortium"
    D3: 60 Barb, 60 Wiz, 60 WD

Made it to lvl 55 grinding IA's and On slaughts only. Might back track now to start doing the story quest, since I can breeze through them now. 55 Harbinger is fucking sex btw

I'm now up to level 55 after weeks of casual playtime.

10+ Year Old Account
    57! Finally - last night!

Gratz to Soniq, Drof and theWocky. Glad you guys are enjoying yourselves.

To Soniq and theWocky, gl from here on out, 57 is where I kinda hit a wall and really wanted a break. Of course, seeing as you are not losing sleep to level you may not feel the need for a break. However, 57-58 is where I feel a lot of players will hit a wall. It just gets excruciatingly brutal at around that point. Keep plugging away though, it's well worth it.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Welp, I hit 60 yesterday. Already getting set to do some experts with <Terrible Idea> though I will not be a raider, because I don't want to be. lol Can't wait to get up the PVP ranks though!
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    Welp, I hit 60 yesterday. Already getting set to do some experts with <Terrible Idea> though I will not be a raider, because I don't want to be. lol Can't wait to get up the PVP ranks though!
    Gratz on 60!! It really is a big deal. Have fun in those experts, of course running with TI you should have no problems, but some of them can be pretty darn tough and have strict DPS/Healing requirements and most everything has fun mechanics. I can't speak too much about regular dungeons, as I only ran a couple, but some of the Experts, even now that most people in my guild have decent-ish gear, give us a little trouble now and then when we are bringing someone who has not been there. It's mostly mechanics and getting used to actually paying attention to them. Some people, mostly people who had T2/3 raid gear, still have that, "let's just bulldog it" mindset. A couple wipes and they are doing what they need to do though, lolz.

Noticed theres been some "ninja nerfs" to some of the heroics in the last few days, noticed them in Emyrean (sp) Core, no wisps on the 4th boss and hp cuts. Not a bad thing honestly though I'd actually found that boss to be one of the easier ones. Though I do get EC coming up in the random a lot. I still haven't done tower after about 15 experts completed.

60 now. woop and woot, and epic, and so sexy and I loves it!

Quote Originally Posted by Antipathy View Post
    60 now. woop and woot, and epic, and so sexy and I loves it!
    Gratz!! Now update your Sig, it still says you're 50.

63% into 52 at the moment. Starting to get annoyed though, in Eastern Holdings and my next quest is way too high, not sure what to do =\. Also levelling as a warrior is getting rather painful. Tried a 61 Tempest/15 RB/0 Para spec, 41 WL/35 Champ/ 0 Para spec. First one hits hard but I die extremely easily, and the WL spec does an ok amount of damage and I survive a bit longer but anymore than 2 mobs and I still get annihilated =\.

I've done all of quests in Cape Jule and City Core.
    3DS Friend Code: 2165 - 5428 - 1895

Up to 59 now and just finished the Kingsward story line. I really enjoyed that one.

I've been bouncing back and forth trying to do as much of the story as possible and it's been pretty smooth so far with no downtime or being too low or high leveled for what I'm doing.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by undead9 View Post
    63% into 52 at the moment. Starting to get annoyed though, in Eastern Holdings and my next quest is way too high, not sure what to do =\. Also levelling as a warrior is getting rather painful. Tried a 61 Tempest/15 RB/0 Para spec, 41 WL/35 Champ/ 0 Para spec. First one hits hard but I die extremely easily, and the WL spec does an ok amount of damage and I survive a bit longer but anymore than 2 mobs and I still get annihilated =\.

I've done all of quests in Cape Jule and City Core.
    Eastern Holdings, Even city core at your level is pretty insane to be honest?! I'd suggest jumping continents heading back and doing Peladane and Seratos before going any further, then you should be 55 by the time you've done both and then head back to Eastern holdings and you can breeze through it ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Seatin View Post
    Eastern Holdings, Even city core at your level is pretty insane to be honest?! I'd suggest jumping continents heading back and doing Peladane and Seratos before going any further, then you should be 55 by the time you've done both and then head back to Eastern holdings and you can breeze through it ^^
    Haha, yeah a couple of the quests in City Core gave me a little bit of grief. Is it bad that I didn't realize there are two continents to quest in? >.<

Will go try Peladane, thanks .
    3DS Friend Code: 2165 - 5428 - 1895

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by undead9 View Post
    Haha, yeah a couple of the quests in City Core gave me a little bit of grief. Is it bad that I didn't realize there are two continents to quest in? >.<

Will go try Peladane, thanks .
    Yeah just to add what others have said leveling at all levels is duplicated on both continents.

Deleted
    Undead try do a few random warfronts good xp for a win plus some nice gear in the reward chests

56.2% just grinding along doing IA's. My play time has been completely screwed here lately with other stuff going on. I can play for a hour or two here or there. Hopefully by Sunday I should be 58ish.

If they give warriors any kind of solo survivability I may try and get him to 60 next after my mage.