Deleted

Any tips on Windlord as demo?

Hello,

As thread title, Im curious what the best way to execute Windlord as demo will be.

Pop Infernal for AoE?

Pop Doomguard for Single (During p2)?

Have our raid pop Time Warp azap, or in p2?

Keeping Corruption up seems easy, with dotting all 5 adds + boss, then AoE for Demonic Fury, making Shadowflame dot overlap for more duration?

What AoE to use, Hellfire vs HL (Im thinking Hellfire)?

Using Void Ray in Demonform to extend Corruption duration? You can also spam HL while keeping Immolation up, but that might drain your fury fast.

Should I use Doom on all the mobs?

And obviously Immolation Aura in Demon Form.

If I forgot somethings, that will help my dps, say so

Do not use infernal or frag belt because they have stuns:]

Doomguard only in phase 2 same with lust also make sure dark soul is up for then^-^

Tab target corruption on everything(use void ray to make sure it does not drop)

Outside of meta they both do the same dmg so eh your choice

Do not doom all the mobs that is a dps lost because your tab targeting corruption and at the same time wasting HL life time while immo is up:]

absolutely doom on every target, it has a very high dpet and is a very efficient use of demonic fury

Isn't using Dark Soul (and Meta with it) during Heroism redundant? Touch of Chaos GCD is 1 sec already, unless you plan to unload the 40+ Molten Core charges you have at this point, then again wasn't it more worth using them not in meta?

Doom is fantastic on this fight, I believe it was my top damage source ticking on 6 targets. Infernal stun won't/shouldn't break cc as stuns don't work on adds, only things like polys/disorients, but it is doubtful it's worth when your can have Doomguard doing double damage on p2.
    Last edited by Nivrax; 2012-11-15 at 06:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nivrax View Post
    Isn't using Dark Soul (and Meta with it) during Heroism redundant? Touch of Chaos GCD is 1 sec already, unless you plan to unload the 40+ Molten Core charges you have at this point, then again wasn't it more worth using them not in meta?
    Doesn't dark soul as demonology give mastery? Maybe I'm missing something obvious here.

Quote Originally Posted by Calz View Post
    Doesn't dark soul as demonology give mastery? Maybe I'm missing something obvious here.
    Yes, it does. 18,000 Mastery as Demonology.

Tips for this fight;
    - Use Felstorm on cooldown
    - Couple DS and Grim of Service (if using) with your full DF dump.
    - Harvest Life > Hellfire out of Meta form. Keeping Hellfire up + Harvest Life in Meta form to drain your Fury (your first round of being in Meta form should be Doom on all targets).
    - Doomguard for P2 > Infernal in P1
    - Don't worry too much about Corruption on all the adds, it's not that big of a deal and it's better to spam HL. I keep it up on Wind Lord and that's about it.
    - Time Warp in P2.
    - Hand of Guldan should leave you with ~40+ Molten Core procs for P2, so just spam it. If you're using something to track when you have an Imp proc available to you, I would suggest using SB/Soulfire for the imp and subsequently more Molten Core procs.

Dark Soul and Meta is obvious, I mean adding Heroism to the mix. Unless you use it for Soul Fires in meta, you are off better draining fury before phase shift, building it back when hero is popped by SF in caster form, then using DS/Meta.

Hellfire is better than HL, pretty much always unless you are afraid you will nudge cced add with it (boss should be tanked further away then), they generate same fury, but Hellfire does ~20% more damage. Corruption on all mobs is kinda big deal, easy 12-15% damage on this fight, easy to keep up with Void Raid, and massive extra fury generation.

Nivrax is correct, and use immo aura when you have enough fury to safely keep corr up via void ray (so most of the time)

wait with heroism is hard casting SF in meta with dark soul better than spammnig TC because ive done insane dps spamming ToC over being in cast form during hero.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nivrax View Post
    Hellfire is better than HL, pretty much always unless you are afraid you will nudge cced add with it (boss should be tanked further away then), they generate same fury, but Hellfire does ~20% more damage.
    I've pretty much always heard the complete opposite to this, any numbers to back this up?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gwhit21 View Post
    I've pretty much always heard the complete opposite to this, any numbers to back this up?
    Yes, go sit on a dummy for 1 minute using both. It is pretty obvious.

The reason the opposite is always said is because the tooltip for hellfire shows that it gives less fury then HL, however testing shows that it gives the same amount.