Deleted

Joining BG's who already started.

Has got to be the most frustrating, pointless, annoying and overall most fun killing thing there is in World of Warcraft. I'm playing Horde on the EU-Realms and since the merge of the entire EU my waiting times went from around 2-3 Minutes up to 7-9 at times. So joining the 4.th game that was pretty much over by the time I joined wasn't much fun.

I've spend about a hour without being able to properly play a single damn battleground, just because some as****** can't bear to lose a battleground they themselves messed up and AFK out of it. And it is majorly pissing me off at this point.

What is even the point of filling up these battlegrounds, what's the point of putting me on a team that is being farmed on their graveyard and the Alliance just carrying the last flag home aside from giving me another loss for my statistic I did not deserve and waste my damn time. If something like this happens in the raidfinder you're usually being queued for a fresh run on the next try and not forced to go through several bosses once more.

No such system exists for PvP, if you're unlucky you can join a dozen battlegrounds that are finished already in a row.

Because the queuer doesn't know that one team is being farmed. It is seeing it as an available slot and you wanted in a battleground and that's it. It's one of the things you have to learn to live with. Random Battleground usually does this from time to time, but if you individually queue (say for Call to Arms since it's always up now) then you won't have the problem as much.

happend to me i guess 4-5 in a row and gave up moved on and swaped to dota2 to chillax a bit atm WoW with all their bots and mmr exploits and things like that made pvp close to useless blizzard do know how to keep their customers happy right ?!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    Because the queuer doesn't know that one team is being farmed. It is seeing it as an available slot and you wanted in a battleground and that's it. It's one of the things you have to learn to live with. Random Battleground usually does this from time to time, but if you individually queue (say for Call to Arms since it's always up now) then you won't have the problem as much.
    The queuer could easily be changed to notice such things. There's no point in putting someone in a game 2:0 against his or her team. Same with the point difference on Gilneas/Arathi. It would be an fairly easy change, but since it's PvP Blizzard can't be bothered to actually impliment it.

It's not something that I should learn to live with, as it is no fun whatsoever. NONE AT ALL to join such an bg much less several of them in a row each day. Hell at least remove the afk debuff if people decide not stay in it and be punished double, once by waiting, the second by actually having to stay in said battleground.

Well, they have talked about improving the BG queueing system and such. Make a suggestion.

Deleted
    Forget PvP, I'd love to see "I do not wish to join instance groups that are already in progress" option on my dungeon/raid finder. Atleast on low lvl, when it actually matters.

Quote Originally Posted by Friyn View Post
    Forget PvP, I'd love to see "I do not wish to join instance groups that are already in progress" option on my dungeon/raid finder. Atleast on low lvl, when it actually matters.
    Yea I've always felt that it was a bit dumb that you couldn't, especially since declining it resets your queue. It has never been an issue to me, but if you after sitting 20 - 30 min in a queue get a pop that is in progress, you're kinda between a rock and a hard place - either requeue, or miss out on bosses. Kinda sucks.

You have to fill empty slots...

Quote Originally Posted by Deleth View Post
    The queuer could easily be changed to notice such things. There's no point in putting someone in a game 2:0 against his or her team. Same with the point difference on Gilneas/Arathi. It would be an fairly easy change, but since it's PvP Blizzard can't be bothered to actually impliment it.

It's not something that I should learn to live with, as it is no fun whatsoever. NONE AT ALL to join such an bg much less several of them in a row each day. Hell at least remove the afk debuff if people decide not stay in it and be punished double, once by waiting, the second by actually having to stay in said battleground.

It is also not fair to let the contributing members on a team whose butt is getting kicked for whatever reason be forced to play at an even greater disadvantage because you don't want Blizzard to fill the empty slots. I can't tell you how much I love it when I am in WSG and 3-4 people rage quit and we get 3-4 new people. 50% of the time the new people aren't fail and we can turn the tide and win the darn thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Friyn View Post

id love that option for lfr as im sick of seeing "2/6 defeated" just because some people suck at garalon, this is also why i dint bother with pvp this xpac

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by metrixis View Post
    It is also not fair to let the contributing members on a team whose butt is getting kicked for whatever reason be forced to play at an even greater disadvantage because you don't want Blizzard to fill the empty slots. I can't tell you how much I love it when I am in WSG and 3-4 people rage quit and we get 3-4 new people. 50% of the time the new people aren't fail and we can turn the tide and win the darn thing.
    This happens once out of a hundred games. By the point people are rage quitting the game is in the majority of cases over. The team is demotivated, the other team has a huge lead, the morale is down to zero and most of them have opted to simply sit somewhere afk till it's over.

You think you're going to turn around a game of Gilneas where the enemy team has 3 bases or is 100-200 points away from victory? Do you think you will turn a WSG/TP around where your team is being farmed on the graveyard flaming each other while the opponent is carrying home the last flag halfway to their flagroom? Or an Alterac where all 4 towers are down and the Alliance has just pulled Drek'thar while 30 people stand afk in Dun Baldar with even the Dun Baldar towers not being tapped?

NO! You wont. Those games are over. It's like joining a football match with 3 minutes to go and 4:0 goals in favor of the enemy team. Joining these games, especially several of them in a row is completly and utterly pointless. All it does is waste people's time, a lot of that and frustrate them.

Quote Originally Posted by metrixis View Post
    Yeah that's where it gets dicey for me, which is why I didn't propose any specific solution. On one hand, it sucks for the people that go into a BG when the people who are still in it have already given up, but on the other hand, it sucks for the people that are still in the BG and are actually trying to win it, when multiple teammates just up and leave.

It also sucks when you're solo queueing and you're going against a coordinated pre-made group and your side doesn't have one to "balance it out," as it were. You could argue, "why don't you just make a group yourself?" but that's what RBGs are for, aren't they?

Overall, it's a very complicated situation and there is no easy or quick solution.

Deleted
    Reith, the thing is that a single game you might be able to turn around once every blue moon doesn't mean it's great if people have to join dozens of games that end just seconds later or they don't have a snowballs chance in hell to turn around anymore. The argument is incredible weak.

Hell I'm not even talking about a 1:1 situation or one where it would be even remotely possible to actually turn the game around. Most games you join that are already running are done. There's nothing to do anymore and by now I simply AFK right out of them because I refuse to play them as there is no point in doing so. I do not need any honor at all, I don't gain any kind of joy from playing these games, they don't advance my progress on achievments and I might aswell go afk and do something else for 15 minutes.