Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Twinking Low Lvl BGs

This was always a ton of fun for me when I created any Alt. I would find the absolute best gear possible, put all the best enchants on the gear, and then do endless BGs until my level increased to the next bracket.

With the ability to stop EXP gains, I think they should allow those characters to still Queue up with the rest of the people gaining experience in BGs. Why limit ones ability to queue with other people just because you turned your exp off? Those queues are ridiculously long, and something needs to be done to accommodate those people who want to twink it up. Why did they even put those people in a different que in the first place?

10+ Year Old Account
    cause people who have not turned off theyr xp is usually there to actually get xp and level, not be graveyard camped by your twinked ass for 2 hours

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Avar ize View Post
    cause people who have not turned off theyr xp is usually there to actually get xp and level, not be graveyard camped by your twinked ass for 2 hours
    People who walk into level 10-19 PvP with grey items and a "bent staff" deserve to be graveyard camped.

Deleted
    I agree, I loved playing with my alts that were fully enchanted and with the most amazing blue items you could get. xD

About the exp lock and queues, meh, I think it's just fine, it wouldn't be fair for a player to join a BG with a person that is fully enchanted with the best items, an alt that knows how to play, pretty much, it wouldn't be fair.

Also because of the difference of experience that players with enchants have between those that have no enchants. Also, I know it's fun to one shoot people and all that, but really, it just doesn't seem fun or fair to play with "noobs" or new players.

Why don't you be a man and 'twink' at level 90 by using conquest gear instead of making it for new, leveling characters who want to enjoy entry pvp miserable.

10+ Year Old Account
    Jaylock, it's called the 20-24 bracket. You only play against other L24 twinks or L20 trial players.
    37 + (3*7) + (3*7)
    W/L/T/Death count: Wolf: 0/1/0/1 | Mafia: 1/6/0/7 | TPR: 0/4/1/5
    SK: 0/1/0/1 | VT: 2/5/2/7 | Cult: 1/0/0/1

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Firebert View Post
    Jaylock, it's called the 20-24 bracket. You only play against other L24 twinks or L20 trial players.
    Thats a fun bracket too, however there has always been a special place in my heart to see my hunter 1 shot that level 15 clothie wearing grey items and thinking they are cool. lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    Thats a fun bracket too, however there has always been a special place in my heart to see my hunter 1 shot that level 15 clothie wearing grey items and thinking they are cool. lol
    You can, just 5 levels later.
    37 + (3*7) + (3*7)

10+ Year Old Account
    People who walk into level 10-19 PvP with grey items and a "bent staff" deserve to be graveyard camped.
    Right because first time players who start with 0 gold, 0 heirlooms deserve to have their first BG experience a rape fest by the guy in full heirlooms who 2 shots everything in 40 yds. I'm thinking you're bitching because you can't get 30 KB's a game anymore when playing against similarly geared people. I have any idea, why don't you 'twink' your 90 and experience pvp the way it was intended.

Deleted
    This was always a ton of fun for me when I created any Alt. I would find the absolute best gear possible, put all the best enchants on the gear, and then do endless BGs until my level increased to the next bracket.

With the ability to stop EXP gains, I think they should allow those characters to still Queue up with the rest of the people gaining experience in BGs. Why limit ones ability to queue with other people just because you turned your exp off? Those queues are ridiculously long, and something needs to be done to accommodate those people who want to twink it up. Why did they even put those people in a different que in the first place?
    Simple reason, not everyone wants to run into twinks while doing low level bgs. This is more fair and since there are less people who twink the queues will be long Just gotta learn to live with it.

---------- Post added 2012-11-15 at 07:01 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Clevername View Post
    Right because first time players who start with 0 gold, 0 heirlooms deserve to have their first BG experience a rape fest by the guy in full heirlooms who 2 shots everything in 40 yds. I'm thinking you're bitching because you can't get 30 KB's a game anymore when playing against similarly geared people. I have any idea, why don't you 'twink' your 90 and experience pvp the way it was intended.
    Pretty much sums it up.. agreed

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Clevername View Post
    You mean compete in a broken ass system, highly imbalanced classes, and participate in one of the most whiny worst PvP communities of all time?

Deleted
    "There have been three warnings in this thread, two from a Super and one from a regular Mod.

And just because people seem confused: calling people trolls is infractable. Insulting other posters is infractable. Discussing moderator actions is infractable. Derailing a thread by doing any of these things is infractable. On the other hand, posting a mildly controversial discussion topic is not infractable. You might keep that in mind or you are going to find that the infractions end up in the opposite place you wanted them to.

There is nothing wrong with the original post. The only problem in this thread is the people who come in just to talk about posters rather than posts. I'm locking this thread not because of the topic but because I'm really frustrated that I'm having to infract people for crying about something they could have solved by using the ignore feature or taking the high road.

If you have an issue with any of this, you need to take it up with the admins like Sunshine."

This is like the last thread ended. Just FYI.
    Some websites clean up their forums. Some don't. Some do it in strange ways. Not taking a stand in which camp this one belongs.

10+ Year Old Account
    You mean compete in a broken ass system
    Not dependent on level.
    highly imbalanced classes
    Not dependent on level.
    and participate in one of the most whiny worst PvP communities of all time?
    Not dependent on level.
    37 + (3*7) + (3*7)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Firebert View Post
    Not dependent on level.

Not dependent on level.

Not dependent on level.
    I get that, but you can hardly call max level PvP balanced and in a good place. Its broken.

You mean compete in a broken ass system, highly imbalanced classes, and participate in one of the most whiny worst PvP communities of all time?
    You don't want to do that, so clearly the solution is to compete in a broken ass system, highly imbalanced classes, and participate in one of the most whiny worst PvP communities of all time, amirite?

10+ Year Old Account
    I get that, but you can hardly call max level PvP balanced and in a good place. Its broken.
    PvP is imbalanced and broken at every level. You even quoted me effectively saying that.
    37 + (3*7) + (3*7)

See you are your own worst enemy. So basically you want to go into low level pvp, outgear people and farm em..GG. Real twinkin is dead anyways, most is heirloom gear which is bullcrud to me. Back in day if you wanted the best you actually had to run (well have someone run you I should say) in Deadmines or Wailing Caverns. Do the Nat Pagle fishing derby and well Gurabashi Arena.

I started back in TBC and hated low level bg's and actually did not join bg til I was max 70. Alot has changed no doubt but again 1) low level bg's are not balanced anyways with abilities and 2)outgearing people just to farm them is no skill at all. Actually when Blizz went to their current model twinking fell off drastically. Again many factors but I bet the biggest was people who used to go in and just outgear people on their hunter or rogue now couldn't farm poor nubs who did not have gear or goodness forbid where noobs who did not know how to play yet.
    Last edited by Paranoid Android; 2012-11-15 at 06:20 PM.

LOL you want to be able to twink against low levels with no gear, but your mad max level is imbalanced? Talk about a hypocrite. Just because you can't compete at high level PvP doesn't mean you should be able to take it out on lowbies.
    Quote Originally Posted by Slummish View Post
    I don't get it. I've gone AFK a million times to blow my bf so he'd get off my back and let me raid. What's the problem here? People have sex...

Why limit ones ability to queue with other people just because you turned your exp off?
    Non-twinks BEGGED for this for YEARS. They were so tired of coming into the game as a new player and having to go head on with someone who already had a main and could afford 10K for top end gear and enchants. BGs at low levels were HIGHLY unbalanced with Twinks in the same group. Here comes level 19 Pally with nothing special and he gets SMOKED by a lvl 19 priest twinked out. In any serious world, that would never happen. The only signatures you would ever get to endorse this idea would be more Twinks who are tired of just fighting each other on level playing fields.

I can see why they did it, though it still depresses me. I have a 29 twink I geared up back in BC/WOTLK. I miss being able to go god mode on him. Spent thousands of Gold getting head enchant, shoulder enchant, leg enchant weapon enchant. Got all the PIS items, even sniped the trinket from the arena area. Now he is useless but I don't have the heart to get rid of him.

HOWEVER, I can see why they did it. When I played it was rare that the other team had more than 1 twink. I would be able to 1-2 shot anyone. It was fun for me, but miserable for them I am sure. I know I hate it when I am on the receiving end. So they made it so you can turn off XP but then are in a different bracket. Now I can que for 3-4 hours without 1 game. But on the other hand the people wanting to level can do so.