Page 2 of 28 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Seriously, just stop doing them. Just do dungeons and LFR and you'll gear up at a very reasonable rate.

Quote Originally Posted by TonyIommi View Post
    I would advise you to head to the official forums. WoW is in a funny state right now. I get more reasoned debate and discourse on the official forums then here. The zealous group of players who currently enjoys the system will brook no change or modification, hell they won't admit theirs a problem. The official forums have much better debates.
    I think it's just the people on the official forms have given up on trying to explain to the zealous group of players who seem to think that Valor gear is the only way to gear up that it's just not necessary.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of the mighty moose, polar bears and fika.
    Why do you force yourself to do every daily every day?
    Active WoW player Jan 2006 - Aug 2020
    Occasional WoW Classic Andy since.
    Nothing lasts forever, as they say.
    But at least I can casually play Classic and remember when MMORPGs were good.

Quote Originally Posted by valliant13 View Post
    so, 42 days of grinding daily quests....that are tedious and boring...that is a waste of time imo. I could do other things like say play call of duty blops 2, halo 4, darksiders 2, go outside, go to the gym etc etc and the funny part is everything i just mentioned is a LOT more fun than these dailys. I refuse to do them on my alts even with the rep buff in 5.1. I absolutely loathe this system in mop and amazingly it is the only thing i hate about the expansion. It needs to be fixed and fixed asap, I understand they want to bring people out to the world, but daily quest grind should not be the way they do it. Once everyone is exalted this will just turn into a hang in whichever shrine you belong to and que for everything anyways.
    Well, let's be clear. You get to honored with everyone through questing. 489 Gear unlocks at revered. So you're looking at two weeks of Klaxxi and Golden Lotus, then another week of Shado Pan (let's through in also doing Tillers), and we're really saying that you grind out reps for 2-3 weeks on one toon to get access to all the gear. you've also made a ton of money, gotten several hundred coins, and never have to do another daily on that toon... But you will because they still give coins and Valor.

Granted, that three weeks can burn you out; I'm just finishing it on one toon and have a few days left on another; but at the end of that time, if you've done LFR and a daily dungeon, you effectively overgear all current content short of heroic rads, and if you're doing them already, you don't care about the rep gear, most likely.
    Last edited by Ayonel; 2012-11-15 at 06:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Critcross View Post
    Ok well i understand my OP came off as QQ but im actually more concerned how it is affecting the social aspect of the game again thats up for debate as well but thats the direction i want this thread to go....social aspect.
    WoW has been suffering in social aspect since the launch of the CRZ. Everyone felt encroached upon. No one wanted hundreds of new players in their dead zones. They picked those servers for a reason, and now were being forced to share quests, mobs, resources, and more with total strangers. I was like combining all 5 wings of a nuthouse. Sure, everyone knew they were crazy, but they had their own space. Now every wing of the nuthouse was crawling with nuts from other wings and everyone backed up and got real defensive real quick. If Blizz wants to take a long hard look at what made the train jump the proverbial tracks, they might start there.

As for me, I like my MMO the way it is now. I've made new friends on other realms and even laughed til I cried when I dropped a lvl 10 in Burning stepps from my 2-seater thanks to CRZ. I don't get what most people are yelling about since I like CRZ and actually enjoy the dailies.

Quote Originally Posted by Dilbon View Post
    It's only six weeks to get exalted with all if you do dailies every day. After that you are free. Free!
    not if u want to keep getting your bonus rolls your not

Again im going to make this clear....i know i dont have to do them and i know the many ways to obtain gear. My point and maybe im wrong this system is partially killing the opportunity for guild mates to socialize. People are so focused on getting these done i cant tell everyone not to do them so i can selfishly do other fun stuff with them. If not raiding the general guildmate imo is very bored with this game as far as socializing with members.

Thumbs up try this

Quote Originally Posted by Rivellana View Post
    The two simple options:
    1) Don't do the dailies
    2) Don't play the game

If you still enjoy the other aspects of the game I'd suggest not doing the dailies, or at least, not doing all of them every day so that you don't burn yourself out and end up wanting to choose option 2.
    better yet: 1) start an alt 2) wait a month or so when all said valor gear is 3 item levels behind the easy lfr gear 3) repeat

with that said, its more psychological than any other strain, im sure blizzard hires the best carrot on a stick sociologists and psychiatrists to keep us coming back for more. Nothing will replace warcraft except you.

Take a break and come back in a month or so when all the 490 gear will be more easily attainable.

Quote Originally Posted by thunderdragon2 View Post
    not if u want to keep getting your bonus rolls your not
    Bolded the operative words there for you.

---------- Post added 2012-11-15 at 12:20 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Critcross View Post
    Again im going to make this clear....i know i dont have to do them and i know the many ways to obtain gear. My point and maybe im wrong this system is partially killing the opportunity for guild mates to socialize. People are so focused on getting these done i cant tell everyone not to do them so i can selfishly do other fun stuff with them. If not raiding the general guildmate imo is very bored with this game as far as socializing with members.
    So your contention is that mindlessly running dungeons and raids are the only way to socialize? Why don't you guys "socialize" by grouping together and knocking out the dailies?

Quote Originally Posted by Nyaldee View Post
    Dailies are counterproductive and forcing us to do things that aren't fun at all. It should be an option, not a mandatory feature.
    It's mandatory now? Shit. Does that mean I'm breaking ToS when I skip a day or only do 1 set of dailies?

Oh wait, no. If you can get the same or equivalent gear by not doing dailies ever, then they aren't mandatory. Here's a fun fact. Remember those things called raids? Yeah, turns out they drop 489 gear as well. Some of it is even better itemized than the stuff you can buy for valor points. Now, you were saying something about how dailies were mandatory?

As a bit of interesting information for you on the side. Although I've been doing semi-regular dailies on my main (holy pally), I've only bought 2 pieces of valor gear so far which were his bracers and the belt. With only 2 valor purchases, he's already at 479 item level. Also, I've now seen 489 bracers drop from Gara'jal in normal mode, meaning if I had not bought the valor bracers, I would still have a 489 piece in that slot. Had I not bought the belt, I could have instead bought the neck (which would have required no dailies at all since you get to the necessary rep with klaxxi just by doing normal questing while leveling).

Last fun fact of interesting information. You CANNOT earn valor fast enough to buy all the available upgrades if you do all faction dailies every day. In fact, if you do more than 1-2 factions per day, you will still have more items available than you can purchase even if you are capping 1000 valor every week. So for the sake of your sanity, stop doing all the dailies every damn day if it annoys you. You aren't doing yourself any favors by burning out early, and in the end, you actually don't get any benefit from it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dasffion View Post
    Bolded the operative words there for you.
    its still the only reason they actually feel "required" some times all you come out with form lfr or sha is 28g per boss... even at that there's a really high chance of getting another 28g with the bonus roll

Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    Your definatly not the only one who dislikes all the dailys. There are only 4 factions which require you to be revered to obtain valor gear, which are Shado Pan, Klaxxi, August Celestial and Golden Lotus. The other factions are just an extra thing to do for some extra rewards, like mounts. Those factions are Anglers, Tillers and Order of the Cloud Serpent. So basically, if you dislike doing dailys, you only need to be revered with the first 4 factions.

I'm currently revered with the VP factions and exalted with the optional ones, but now I'll just plan to do the dailys of 1 VP faction each day, rather then doing them all to reach revered asap. I'm not really liking this way, altrough spamming heroics isn't that much better either.
    You do not need to do all four VP factions at the same time. That is the mistake everyone is making when they complain about dailies. You ONLY EARN 1000 VP per week.. it is stupid to grind all four factions to revered at the same time since you won´t have the VP to buy from them anyway. You are also forgetting that most of us are also getting gear from Sha of Anger, LFR and crafting..

Get your 1000 VP per week
    Get your 3 lucky charms per week.

If you do all of the LFR´s per week, and do a little research and know which bosses to use your lucky charms on.. the rep stuff will be minor upgrades that you can get whenever.

And raiding is ruining my gaming experience because I'm forced to do raids to get best pve parts.

Quote Originally Posted by Kujako View Post
    If only there was some way you could NOT do the optional daily quest content! Like perhaps getting your gear through one of the other avenues Blizzard implemented such as dungeons, pvp or raids. Its almost as if the intention was to give gear options OUTSIDE of those three normal methods.
    Raiders need to do dailies to unlock reps (and get valor) to get gear for their raids
    PvPers dont need to do dailies at all ever
    Dailiers (or you could say non-raiders) don't need to do dailies because they arent doing any content for which they need valor points or gear

My urge to flame is growing
    Last edited by dennisdkramer; 2012-11-15 at 06:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    running crappy dungeons i'd already cleare 20 times already for more rep was ruining my gaming experience.

it was boring to do the same dps as the other 4 people in my party and we all get equal rep.

now for the work i put in i get rep, if others dont they dont get rep.

seems like you just want everything handed on a plate, heroic dungeons are pathetic you cant even wipe.
    And that's why there should be choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Asmekiel View Post
    And that's why there should be choice.
    interesting, so you used to run dungeons for rep because you had to

and now you're running dailies for rep 'because you like to' and its your choice

interesting

for the first time in 6years i unsubbed... while i like MoP as an xpac, monks are fun etc, i'm burned out on wow. MoP couldn't keep me interested, which ofc says alot about me as well And the fact i REALLY HATE dailies, didn't really help either.

now i find new fun and pleasure in Rift (for as long as that will last lol)

Quote Originally Posted by thunderdragon2 View Post
    its still the only reason they actually feel "required" some times all you come out with form lfr or sha is 28g per boss... even at that there's a really high chance of getting another 28g with the bonus roll
    And the only thing you can get from Rep vendors is less than 1 item per week (1000 VP). If you do 12 bosses in LFR and Sha, you are talking about 13 times you have a 15% chance to win something. Add in another 3 rolls for lucky charms, and you are up to 16 rolls

Repeat after me.. rep vendors give less than 1 item per week... and if you are talking about chest or legs.. it is less than 1 piece every 2 weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by dennisdkramer View Post
    Raiders need to do dailies to unlock reps (and get valor) to get gear for their raids
    Raiders can do raids to get gear for their raids. Or get crafting gear, or do LFR. In addition, Heart of Fear and Terrace of Spring offer better gear than valor does.