Page 18 of 28 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyIommi View Post
    No you don't. If you quests in dread wastes you do. Not everybody quests in dread wastes.
    ok, so now questing through a zone is a ´grind´ also? Seriously, you don´t want to quest, you don´t want to do daily quests... what exactly do you want to do?

That really is the problem. People want all the rewards possible... and only do the exact small number of things in the game they want to do. I only want to raid, I should be able to get every non-raid item as easy as possible. I only want to do heroic dungeons.. I should get reps, VP and gear from doing only heroic dungeons.

Actually that's exactly what valor was designed for originally. It's not just me, it's anybody who likes to progress at a decent rate and not be subject to rng. The gear in cataclysm was accessible for casuals, moreso than now because it didn't require daily quests.

I was doing raids. Sub ends today. Could not be more relieved.
    and now there is no valor gear because what used to be valor gear doesnt exist.

you start out with only klaxxi and golden lotus none of the other reps available offer any kinds of non vanity rewards by the time you even start grinding out shado pan dailies the vast majority of raiders will have raiding gear therefore the gear on the reputations are not upgrades.
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Daily quests aren't very casual friendly
    ok. that may be the funniest thing I ever heard.

No, you do not need to log in every day. You can log in for 15 minutes, do 5 dailies, gain rep, gain valor and get closer to another piece of epic gear. Oh, you mean those ´casual´ players who are hardcore raiders? yeah.. they are screwed.

Quote Originally Posted by Kujako View Post
    They should add some system where dungeon drops could be upgraded with valor to give the same non-rng progress options!
    They are and it's not good enough in my estimation. Progress isn't simple down boss because you have X gear. Progress is about reward.

---------- Post added 2012-11-16 at 05:30 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Azrile View Post
    ok, so now questing through a zone is a ´grind´ also? Seriously, you don´t want to quest, you don´t want to do daily quests... what exactly do you want to do?

That really is the problem. People want all the rewards possible... and only do the exact small number of things in the game they want to do. I only want to raid, I should be able to get every non-raid item as easy as possible. I only want to do heroic dungeons.. I should get reps, VP and gear from doing only heroic dungeons.
    Did I say questing through a zone was a grind? I simple said not everybody quested in dread wastes or cleared out the zone or did enough quests to hit honored. You assume honored status with Klaxxxi when it's not always the case.

10+ Year Old Account
    They are and it's not good enough in my estimation. Progress isn't simple down boss because you have X gear. Progress is about reward.
    Make up your mind. Is the problem that you have to do actual content to get "rewards" or that you can no longer get them from accrued points? You keep arguing both sides. What is it you want from the game?
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

Quote Originally Posted by Azrile View Post
    ok. that may be the funniest thing I ever heard.

No, you do not need to log in every day. You can log in for 15 minutes, do 5 dailies, gain rep, gain valor and get closer to another piece of epic gear. Oh, you mean those ´casual´ players who are hardcore raiders? yeah.. they are screwed.
    which 5 dailies take 15 minutes? Especially for a casual player whos gear is probably less than optimal and for mobs that take massive fights to down. No dailies take 15 minutes. Especially alone.

and better gear isnt a reward? do you even know how the upgrading works? if you take a piece of heroic raiding gear and upgrade it all the way its as good as normal gear from the next tier..

your essentially being given the reward of early tier gear and thats not rewarding enough? please shut up

---------- Post added 2012-11-16 at 12:32 PM ----------

which 5 dailies take 15 minutes? Especially for a casual player whos gear is probably less than optimal and for mobs that take massive fights to down. No dailies take 15 minutes. Especially alone.
    this is complete bs most daily hubs are done within 30 minutes solo in questing gear
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

Make up your mind. Is the problem that you have to do actual content to get "rewards" or that you can no longer get them from accrued points? You keep arguing both sides. What is it you want from the game?
    I don't see any contradiction but apparently you can search for one and find it these days. The fact that I can no longer get reward (i.e GEAR) from points without doing dailies is a problem. The upgrade system isn't going to be "reward" because it's designed not to be that way. They want to bring back the enjoyment of getting loot from a boss but in reality the frustration of being subject to rng.

Deleted
    its because there isnt that much content with this expansion - in fact its all smoke and mirrors - the daily quests and gated raids are just to slow people down, with the reduced valor from dungeons and daily grinds the whole first tier would have been beat in one week

Quote Originally Posted by Critcross View Post
    Having not played WoW for about 9 months i decided to come back to MoP. This expansion is killing me the daily quests for rep grind is ridiculous to me what is the reason for this much dailies and how do you think this is fun. In my guild not sure about everyone elses it makes for a rather dull environment as everyone comes on at different times its hard to wait and group up for these dailies as everyone is just trying to get these done. This can take about 2 hours maybe more to complete. In the past you did a few dailies which were quick then you could run a few dungeons with guildmates and thats good because if you dont raid this was the only way to get to know one another and earn respect or build relationships. Now its just a pure grind and yes i have read its your choice to do this and all but I call BS because you have tied rep to gear so yea it sucks. Again....what was the intention and how can anyone consider this to be good for the game.
    Buy a certain bot, and let him do the dailies for you
    Problem solved

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    and better gear isnt a reward? do you even know how the upgrading works? if you take a piece of heroic raiding gear and upgrade it all the way its as good as normal gear from the next tier..

your essentially being given the reward of early tier gear and thats not rewarding enough? please shut up

---------- Post added 2012-11-16 at 12:32 PM ----------

this is complete bs most daily hubs are done within 30 minutes solo in questing gear
    30 =/= 15. Again it's not casual friendly in the SLIGHTEST. Especially compared to the cataclysm system where I didn't need to touch a single fucking daily or rep at all and could still spend my valor points to get gear.

The upgrade system will not be as rewarding by design. If it was to rewarding then they could make the case that valor gear has to take a back seat.

I don't see any contradiction but apparently you can search for one and find it these days. The fact that I can no longer get reward (i.e GEAR) from points without doing dailies is a problem. The upgrade system isn't going to be "reward" because it's designed not to be that way. They want to bring back the enjoyment of getting loot from a boss but in reality the frustration of being subject to rng.
    uh huh getting gear equivalent to normal raiding gear of the next tier isnt a reward yet an amber scorpion is ok

10+ Year Old Account
    I guess I dont see the difference between spending points to get an upgrade and spending points to get an upgrade. But you seem to think that one is a reward but the other isn't.
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

Quote Originally Posted by tonyiommi View Post
    30 =/= 15. Again it's not casual friendly in the slightest. Especially compared to the cataclysm system where i didn't need to touch a single fucking daily or rep at all and could still spend my valor points to get gear.

The upgrade system will not be as rewarding by design. If it was to rewarding then they could make the case that valor gear has to take a back seat.
    he said 5 dailies i said an entire hub also the entirre purpose is to be rewarding THAT IS ITS PURPOSE HOW COULD IT NOT BE THAT BY DESIGN?

Deleted
    Why cant you ppl stop complaining about the daylies . NOONE force you to do them , NOONE force you to raid. Just you self, to get a spot in the raid. If you dont have the time left , stop raid and do the LFR and have fun on wow instead. Dont you think your guildmembers have the same problem as you ? but maybe they dont complaining here as you are . If you love to raid . try and love the daylies to, they give you a spot in the raid, sooner or later.

uh huh getting gear equivalent to normal raiding gear of the next tier isnt a reward yet an amber scorpion is ok
    It's actually not equivalent but put that aside for a minute. What are you arguing now? The dailies aren't required or that they are? Because if it's equivelant to normal raiding gear then oh boy guess what... Now of course it's not but what it is is a progression path that people can do outside of the raid to get gear. So they do it and feel very much forced to do it because well without that gear they'd just have RNG to be subject to.

---------- Post added 2012-11-16 at 05:37 PM ----------

I guess I dont see the difference between spending points to get an upgrade and spending points to get an upgrade. But you seem to think that one is a reward but the other isn't.
    Well yea it is. It's not me whos saying this. Blizzard wants valor to take a back seat this expansion so that boss loot is more rewarding. Okay well that just means the point upgrade system CANNOT be as rewarding by design. Otherwise that would undermine their goal of making boss loot more rewarding.

Quit being lazy... back in my day reputation for a faction was something that was truly Exalted or Revered.. now it's just poppycock and hogwash.

It's actually not equivalent but put that aside for a minute. What are you arguing now? The dailies aren't required or that they are? Because if it's equivelant to normal raiding gear then oh boy guess what... Now of course it's not but what it is is a progression path that people can do outside of the raid to get gear. So they do it and feel very much forced to do it because well without that gear they'd just have RNG to be subject to.

---------- Post added 2012-11-16 at 05:37 PM ----------

Well yea it is. It's not me whos saying this. Blizzard wants valor to take a back seat this expansion so that boss loot is more rewarding. Okay well that just means the point upgrade system CANNOT be as rewarding by design. Otherwise that would undermine their goal of making boss loot more rewarding.
    can you read or not?

he said 5 dailies i said an entire hub also the entirre purpose is to be rewarding THAT IS ITS PURPOSE HOW COULD IT NOT BE THAT BY DESIGN?
    Well I seem to recall a certain ghost crawler saying that if "optional content is to rewarding it ceases to become optional" but let's table that for a minute. The simple fact is that progression for casuals was far friendlier in cata. I didn't have to do a single daily or earn a single rep faction at all because I could spend valor gear. Those rep factions were also much easier to obtain because it was couched primarily in something I would be doing anyway. As the developers themselves point out. This expansion is far less casual friendly.

---------- Post added 2012-11-16 at 05:39 PM ----------

can you read or not?
    Yes I can. Can you post clearly?

10+ Year Old Account
    So what? An upgrade is an upgrade. Or are you changing your complaint to not being able to get the best gear in the game without being subject to boss drops? It is still unclear what you want from the game. You dont seem to want to play it, but you want to collect gear?

-Kujako-