Page 24 of 28 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Using tabards for rep was a mistake. It was not possible in Classic or TBC. Then Wrath comes along and says "Here, have this to help you along the way at the higher rep end". Cata just DESTROYED the original premise by handing them out immediately and letting people just grind for rep without ACTUALLY doing something for that faction. I am glad there are no tabards. I wish they would remove city tabards as well. You wanna get exalted with all 7 races? Go quest.

Quote Originally Posted by Pandareeni View Post
    The dailys are boring because the factions exists just because to offer dailys, those dont have any good story about them.
    with the kalaxxi dailies you are weakening the grand empresses by reducing her forces and it leads up to heart of fear raid, shado pan are continuing the story for the quests you done while leveling as for A.C and gl i have no clue on story there

Quote Originally Posted by thunderdragon2 View Post
    hello i started playing in bc when in order to gain rep you needed to farm a specific dungeon to get rep - hated it as you were forced into 2-3 dungeons for specific faction rep
    i played through when there were more dailies but there was also the tabard- i liked this as i had the option of choosing the the method i used to farm rep
    i played through cata it was all tabards and not enough dailies- there wasn't much option for rep farming
    i'm playing in mop too many dailies no tabard- do'nt like it as im forced into dailies for my rep, thankfully im almost done with the rep

see the problem here its not that people fell forced to do them but if they want the rep they "must do dailies" my solution is this

put the tabards at revered make them account bound and have them give the same amount of rep per day as u can get from doing their factions dailies and no more

there for if you want to do dailes you can if u dont want to they dont
    So you want them to allow you to buy a tabbard at revered so you can grind valor, loot, justice points, gear AND rep all in the same place so you can purchase a rare mount and Klaxxi 463 weapons which is the same stuff you will get just for doing the heroic dungeons that you are grinding in the first place? How does this solve the problem for people who don't like dailies since they can get everything they want at revered anyways? (valor gear and recipies). This sounds like it only really solves your problem that you want to do one thing all the time and get all the rewards except for coins from the same place at the same time.

I'm glad this would solve the problem of, "How am I going to collect this rare mount without doing any dailies", but it does jack for anyone else.

Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    So you want them to allow you to buy a tabbard at revered so you can grind valor, loot, justice points, gear AND rep all in the same place so you can purchase a rare mount and Klaxxi 463 weapons which is the same stuff you will get just for doing the heroic dungeons that you are grinding in the first place? How does this solve the problem for people who don't like dailies since they can get everything they want at revered anyways? (valor gear and recipies). This sounds like it only really solves your problem that you want to do one thing all the time and get all the rewards except for coins from the same place at the same time.

I'm glad this would solve the problem of, "How am I going to collect this rare mount without doing any dailies", but it does jack for anyone else.
    ill clear this up right now i like dailies but like every1 there's times where we just cba doing them

no i want the tabard for the choice if im bored of dailies on that particular day i can hi a hc and get EXACTLY THE SAME AMMOUT OF REP that i would have receoived if i did the dailies, it dont care for vp/jp
    Last edited by thunderdragon2; 2012-11-16 at 07:50 PM.

Deleted
    with the kalaxxi dailies you are weakening the grand empresses by reducing her forces and it leads up to heart of fear raid, shado pan are continuing the story for the quests you done while leveling as for A.C and gl i have no clue on story there
    Yes, yes that might be, but the so called "story" just feels so forced and predictable, it got nothing kharismatic about it, those factions are merely there just because of dailys.

Quote Originally Posted by Pandareeni View Post
    Yes, yes that might be, but the so called "story" just feels so forced and predictable, it got nothing kharismatic about it, those factions are merely there just because of dailys.
    It's a video game not a best selling novel. I think you might be expecting a little much from the stories. They are good for what they are.

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    garonas backstory was changed so that she was nolonger half human and half orc to be that of the offspring of a draenei who was raped by an orc the entire romance between her and medivh and the change of her backstory was a way to be able to create an omnipowerful character that can wield all magic.
    Ok this is kinda nitpicking, but it bugged me for some reason. Garona's backstory was changed due to the fact that there was no possible way she could have been an offspring of an orc and a human yet still have been full grown during the First War, because humans did not exist on Draenor. At most she would have been a toddler by the end of the war, yet she was the one responsible for assassinating King Llane. Me'dan had nothing to do with it. They had to change it to maintain consistency with the timeline.
    I found I enjoyed the game significantly more when I stopped paying attention to all the people on the forums telling me how much I am supposed to hate it
    All this complaining is simply further proof that Blizzard could send each and every player a real-life wish-granting flying unicorn carrying a solid gold plate of chocolate chip cookies wrapped in hundred dollar bills, and someone would whine that Blizzard sucks for not letting them choose oatmeal raisin.

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    me'dan is the quarter orc quarter draenei half human offspring of garona halforcen and medivh. he is a direct result of the pile of crap lore that was the burning crusade and it along with kael'thas and illidan is the reason bc will always be a failure and yes all of those raids were failures flying mounts were nice as well but over all the entire expansion was crap
    Nooooooooooope! Me'dan is not a real character! He isn't mentioned at all in the game, so he doesn't exist outside of the comic series which isn't considered lore since it's never mentioned in the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Gurbz View Post
    Ok this is kinda nitpicking, but it bugged me for some reason. Garona's backstory was changed due to the fact that there was no possible way she could have been an offspring of an orc and a human yet still have been full grown during the First War, because humans did not exist on Draenor. At most she would have been a toddler by the end of the war, yet she was the one responsible for assassinating King Llane. Me'dan had nothing to do with it. They had to change it to maintain consistency with the timeline.
    the orcs were super aging babies in order to have enough warriors to fight. her story made complete sense given that and thats the only aspect of her story that hasnt changed. garona even now is really only like 15 years old
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

ill clear this up right now i like dailies but like every1 there's times where we just cba doing them

no i want the tabard for the choice if im bored of dailies on that particular day i can hi a hc and get EXACTLY THE SAME AMMOUT OF REP that i would have receoived if i did the dailies, it dont care for vp/jp
    The only problem with that is, even with a daily cap on rep dungeons then become so rewarding that it makes the dailies obsolete. At that point in dungeons you can get gold, gear, rep, and valor all in one stop. The only reason people would do any dailies would then be the charms, even if they really liked dailies, because the dungeons would be too rewarding to skip.

I'm not against alternate ways to get rep, as long as any options added are not so good as to become the automatic "correct" choice for how to spend one's time in game. It has to be balanced so that people really can choose the content they most want to do at that time.
    I found I enjoyed the game significantly more when I stopped paying attention to all the people on the forums telling me how much I am supposed to hate it
    All this complaining is simply further proof that Blizzard could send each and every player a real-life wish-granting flying unicorn carrying a solid gold plate of chocolate chip cookies wrapped in hundred dollar bills, and someone would whine that Blizzard sucks for not letting them choose oatmeal raisin.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainArlong View Post
    Nooooooooooope! Me'dan is not a real character! He isn't mentioned at all in the game, so he doesn't exist outside of the comic series which isn't considered lore since it's never mentioned in the game.
    lets just pray velens mention of me'dan being missing is blizzards hand wavy way of telling us there going to pretend he doesnt exist instead of foreshadowing me'dan and the super friends expansion edition
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Quote Originally Posted by Gurbz View Post
    The only problem with that is, even with a daily cap on rep dungeons then become so rewarding that it makes the dailies obsolete. At that point in dungeons you can get gold, gear, rep, and valor all in one stop. The only reason people would do any dailies would then be the charms, even if they really liked dailies, because the dungeons would be too rewarding to skip.

I'm not against alternate ways to get rep, as long as any options added are not so good as to become the automatic "correct" choice for how to spend one's time in game. It has to be balanced so that people really can choose the content they most want to do at that time.
    explain to me plz how geting 1k rep for GL for example by running 1 dungeon a day will make dailies obsolete? expecily id u need to be revered with that faction on 1 char to unlock the factions tabard in the 1st place
    Last edited by thunderdragon2; 2012-11-16 at 08:11 PM.

My only problem with the Klaxxi storyline is that once I defeated the Grand Empress nothing happened. There should of been a quest giver that popped up and said something along the lines of, "Finally the empress has fallen, we can start to rebuild! However the battle is not won yet as the Sha of Terror still holds sway over the Empresses army.".

I was just standing there looking up at the sky going, "Yeah! Did it! ... And now what? ... That was all? No parade with fireworks, confetti and medals given out to me and my wookie with light hearted hippity dippity music playing in the background?..... Just staring at the sky?....crap...." /leave party

http://www.gamebreaker.tv/mmorpg/wor...thout-dailies/

Well well well, an entire website about how to gear for raids without doing dailies. Very interesting read.

1. Normal Dungeons:

Normal dungeons award a mixture of gear, item level 410 from Temple of the Jade Serpent and Stormstout Brewery, and 435 from Shado-Pan Monastery and Mogushan Palace. The required item level for Heroic dungeons is 440, so in order to progress along this gearing route you will need to also gear via one of two routes. It’s advisable to do dungeons to amass Justice Points before you hit 90 and can no longer queue for random dungeons if you wish to gear without dailies.

2a. Quest Rewards

Several quests offer rewards which will increase a player’s average item level enough to enter heroic dungeons. There are shoulders from The Mariner’s Revenge, belts from Overthrone and feet from Fires and Fears of Old available with item levels of 450 in the Dread Wastes, and rings with an item level of a rather surprising 489 from Shadow of the Empire in the same zone. In the Vale of Eternal Blossoms, Battle Axe of the Thunder King awards an ilvl 463 chest. The Secrets of Guo Lai in the same zone awards ilvl 440 rings. The Arena of Annihilation quest, which can be collected on a player’s first entry, awards an ilvl 463 weapon. The Sha of Hatred in Townlong Steppes awards ilvl 442 helms, The Point of No Return gives a 442 chest, and Terror of the Dread Wastes offers 442 rings. The latter quests are also in Townlong Steppes. It should be noted that several of these quests are the last quest in a long chain! Use Wowhead via the provided links.

2b. Honor PvP Gear

Since the 5.0.4 changes to PvP gear, using it as a substitute for a similar level of PvE gear has become far more viable. PvP-specific stats PvP Power and PvP resilience no longer replace primary stats, instead adding to them. Honor PvP gear is of the same ilvl as Justice PvE gear, and the stat differences are minimal. If you have amassed a good number of Justice Points by doing dungeons while leveling, the choice is yours as to whether to spend them on PvE gear, or convert them to honor in Stormwind or Orgrimmar to obtain PvP gear. For my PvP-focused gearing method, it was very useful indeed to obtain Honor gear. Full sets of ilvl 458 PvE gear are also available in return for Justice Points from various vendors with no reputation requirement.

3. World Bosses

The two World Bosses, the Sha of Anger and Salyis’ Warband, or Galleon as he is better known, are both excellent sources of PvP and PvE gear. Both drop 496 gear, and the Sha of Anger will furnish players with a quest item that can be redeemed for ilvl 476 boots on the first kill.

4. Heroic Dungeons

Heroic dungeons largely drop ilvl 463 loot, but there is a chance on ilvl 476 weapons being dropped from the last boss of each Heroic Dungeon. With the shortage of weapons available of this level, this is a boon. The required item level to enter Mogushan Vaults normal mode is 460, with all the steps above this should be easily obtained.

5. Conquest PvP Gear

Conquest PvP gear, much like Honor PvP gear as discussed above, is of a high item level and has excellent stats. Conquest gear ilvl is 483, so more than high enough to help players along their way to raiding average item levels. Conquest points can currently only be gained via arenas and random or rated battle grounds, so if you’re not a fan of PvP this may not be the option for you.

6. Valor PvE Gear

We posted here on GAMEBREAKER a while back about PvE gear reputation requirements being rolled back. Since October 2nd, the reputation requirements to purchase certain pieces of Mists of Pandaria Valor Point gear have been reduced from Revered to Honored (which you can be just from questing). These include:

Klaxxi – neck items
    Golden Lotus – rings
    Shado-Pan – cloaks
    August Celestials – bracers

If you’re not doing dailies it’s highly unlikely that you’re going to have honored with any faction, except perhaps the Klaxxi. Do head over to their Quartermaster and see if the neck items are available to you, and check your other reputations just in case!

7. Professions

Most professions have the capacity to craft items of Raid quality, and many of the patterns are Zone Drops or require only honored reputation with Golden Lotus. Nonetheless, Golden Lotus Honored is very likely to require daily quests, and that’s not our objective today. Should you happen to have Golden Lotus Honored already, check out what you can buy. Have a look at your professions, a great one is Inscription which allows the creation of several ilvl 476 weapons. Engineers can yet again craft helms, ilvl 476 this time and recipe drop crafts award 496 items..

8. Raid Finder

This has been left ’til last, simply because, as I mention in the hit, it’s not been kind to me. I have run the raid finder several times in an attempt to get gear, but always been unlucky. So, I haven’t got a single piece of loot from it, and I’m at a 470 ilvl. Granted, a lot of that is from PvP gear, but you win some you lose some! Raid Finder drops from the only Raid Finder instances currently available are ilvl 476.

The Heart of Fear, and later the Terrace of Endless Spring Raid Finder modes have an item level requirement of 470 for entry, and both drop ilvl 483 gear.

Every single expansion since TBC eases progression roadblocks over time. It will be no different this time and the changes will be perceived as a reaction and not the original plan.

But what DO YOU use your rewards for? raiding? If the REWARD is simply getting a higher item level then your done, Blizz is not gonna change the game for you until the regularly scheduled progression nerf.

So if you raid, scenario:
    Raid Leader: Sorry buddy but since RNG is bigger factor now and you didn't get lucky we will offer less rewarding opportunities to you. Keep trying though, it happens to us all. It won't be long before you can get another upgrade from valor tho. ...or maybe you'll get a lucky coin roll. Keep in mind Hof LFR is open now and drops 483.

Raider: I don't like doing dailies and am not going to. ...or even worse RNG.

Raid leader: OH. K, just wait a few weeks until Blizz nerfs progression like they always do and we'll see if we have a spot open.

Raider: Well, I was in this thread, I went from forced dailies to blizz design to comparing non-comparable expansion cycles to just not even wanting to deal with RNG in any instance again. I then resulted to name calling because anyone who likes dailies (that anyone can do at any pace) better than running the same dungeons over and over again must fondle GCs genitalia and have wow curtains. So, maybe I need to rethink playing WoW until i can log in with 5 maxed alts and hit up LFR until capped each week, then go play my other four games.

Raid Leader: No Worries.

Raider goes offline.

Raid Leader: OMG. I know you see a few on the forums. But we had a real one in our guild! Scary.

Quote Originally Posted by GnomercyBeastmaster View Post
    http://www.gamebreaker.tv/mmorpg/wor...thout-dailies/

Well well well, an entire website about how to gear for raids without doing dailies. Very interesting read.

1. Normal Dungeons:

Normal dungeons award a mixture of gear, item level 410 from Temple of the Jade Serpent and Stormstout Brewery, and 435 from Shado-Pan Monastery and Mogushan Palace. The required item level for Heroic dungeons is 440, so in order to progress along this gearing route you will need to also gear via one of two routes. It’s advisable to do dungeons to amass Justice Points before you hit 90 and can no longer queue for random dungeons if you wish to gear without dailies.

2a. Quest Rewards

Several quests offer rewards which will increase a player’s average item level enough to enter heroic dungeons. There are shoulders from The Mariner’s Revenge, belts from Overthrone and feet from Fires and Fears of Old available with item levels of 450 in the Dread Wastes, and rings with an item level of a rather surprising 489 from Shadow of the Empire in the same zone. In the Vale of Eternal Blossoms, Battle Axe of the Thunder King awards an ilvl 463 chest. The Secrets of Guo Lai in the same zone awards ilvl 440 rings. The Arena of Annihilation quest, which can be collected on a player’s first entry, awards an ilvl 463 weapon. The Sha of Hatred in Townlong Steppes awards ilvl 442 helms, The Point of No Return gives a 442 chest, and Terror of the Dread Wastes offers 442 rings. The latter quests are also in Townlong Steppes. It should be noted that several of these quests are the last quest in a long chain! Use Wowhead via the provided links.

2b. Honor PvP Gear

Since the 5.0.4 changes to PvP gear, using it as a substitute for a similar level of PvE gear has become far more viable. PvP-specific stats PvP Power and PvP resilience no longer replace primary stats, instead adding to them. Honor PvP gear is of the same ilvl as Justice PvE gear, and the stat differences are minimal. If you have amassed a good number of Justice Points by doing dungeons while leveling, the choice is yours as to whether to spend them on PvE gear, or convert them to honor in Stormwind or Orgrimmar to obtain PvP gear. For my PvP-focused gearing method, it was very useful indeed to obtain Honor gear. Full sets of ilvl 458 PvE gear are also available in return for Justice Points from various vendors with no reputation requirement.

3. World Bosses

The two World Bosses, the Sha of Anger and Salyis’ Warband, or Galleon as he is better known, are both excellent sources of PvP and PvE gear. Both drop 496 gear, and the Sha of Anger will furnish players with a quest item that can be redeemed for ilvl 476 boots on the first kill.

4. Heroic Dungeons

Heroic dungeons largely drop ilvl 463 loot, but there is a chance on ilvl 476 weapons being dropped from the last boss of each Heroic Dungeon. With the shortage of weapons available of this level, this is a boon. The required item level to enter Mogushan Vaults normal mode is 460, with all the steps above this should be easily obtained.

5. Conquest PvP Gear

Conquest PvP gear, much like Honor PvP gear as discussed above, is of a high item level and has excellent stats. Conquest gear ilvl is 483, so more than high enough to help players along their way to raiding average item levels. Conquest points can currently only be gained via arenas and random or rated battle grounds, so if you’re not a fan of PvP this may not be the option for you.

6. Valor PvE Gear

We posted here on GAMEBREAKER a while back about PvE gear reputation requirements being rolled back. Since October 2nd, the reputation requirements to purchase certain pieces of Mists of Pandaria Valor Point gear have been reduced from Revered to Honored (which you can be just from questing). These include:

Klaxxi – neck items
    Golden Lotus – rings
    Shado-Pan – cloaks
    August Celestials – bracers

If you’re not doing dailies it’s highly unlikely that you’re going to have honored with any faction, except perhaps the Klaxxi. Do head over to their Quartermaster and see if the neck items are available to you, and check your other reputations just in case!

7. Professions

Most professions have the capacity to craft items of Raid quality, and many of the patterns are Zone Drops or require only honored reputation with Golden Lotus. Nonetheless, Golden Lotus Honored is very likely to require daily quests, and that’s not our objective today. Should you happen to have Golden Lotus Honored already, check out what you can buy. Have a look at your professions, a great one is Inscription which allows the creation of several ilvl 476 weapons. Engineers can yet again craft helms, ilvl 476 this time and recipe drop crafts award 496 items..

8. Raid Finder

This has been left ’til last, simply because, as I mention in the hit, it’s not been kind to me. I have run the raid finder several times in an attempt to get gear, but always been unlucky. So, I haven’t got a single piece of loot from it, and I’m at a 470 ilvl. Granted, a lot of that is from PvP gear, but you win some you lose some! Raid Finder drops from the only Raid Finder instances currently available are ilvl 476.

The Heart of Fear, and later the Terrace of Endless Spring Raid Finder modes have an item level requirement of 470 for entry, and both drop ilvl 483 gear.
    Arena of Anhilation grants a 450 weapon. I studied the fight and lead every member of my guild through it when ever they have a character that hits level 90. Its a nice pre-heroic boost that will get you to your 463 weapon competantly.

Like a lot of people are pointing out, both in this thread and many others just like it, you don't have to do them. And even more than that, there's plenty of other ways of acquiring gear without having to do the dailies.

I'm not a fan of them either but I still do the golden lotus/august celestials dailies. I admit I liked the tabard system more but it's not the end of the world. I do wish blizzard would make it so that you can farm reps with the tabards...they could at least give you a choice in the matter. Do a few dailies or rep grind with tabards.

Seriously , don't you see how all of this QQ on dailies is retarded? How much must it be repeated? You DO NOT have to DO dailies! As a matter of fact , you don't HAVE to do anything , everything IS optional. If you want to raid , than just f - ing raid! Spend a day getting some quest gear and heroic loot , get your buddies and raid. Want some free epics? Do a LFR once in a while. Really want that golden lotus crane mount? Than spend 30min a day to do some quests and continue doing whatever you want. I'm no psychologist but i'm pretty sure that if you are absolutely compelled to do EVERYTHING you have a mental illness and you should consult someone or quit the game , as it obviously not for you.

So just stop whining and enjoy the huge amount of content and freedom of choice ( that was not present in vanilla or BC you adore so much for some reason ) this expansion has brought to the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Xsy View Post
    Seriously
    This is not the WoW forums. Some courtesy would be appreciated.

We need someone to compile all the arguments against 'forced' dailies and all the responces that expose that they are in no way forced or required and then sticky it right at the top of the forums so we can stop having a never ending parade of people who would rather explode than think up alternatives to doing dailies. Every 5 pages we have someone who ignores the previous pages and starts the battle new.

And no, saying hello when you join a raid or dungeon is not socialising.