Page 26 of 28 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Critcross View Post
    Having not played WoW for about 9 months i decided to come back to MoP. This expansion is killing me the daily quests for rep grind is ridiculous to me what is the reason for this much dailies and how do you think this is fun.
    I think the question is, why do you think you need to do them?

10+ Year Old Account
    They should give the dailes an optional 30% rep buff that you can turn on if you want. Just like they did for raids to cater to casuals like me. Its retarded i have to grind dailies to spend my VP that i earn.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Banzhe View Post
    I think the question is, why do you think you need to do them?
    Been answered multiple times, some feel they dont some feel they do, going round in circles doesnt help. For me 3/4 of my ilevel 389 gear came from dailie grinds or from coins of misfortune, thats a whole lot fo gear I wouldnt have if it wasnt for farming these dull lifeles dailies. Ive had bad luck with loot for sure but either way Id be gimped had I not done those dailie (which I hated nearly every minute of)

I dont have MOP, but what I hear about the dailies and grind on mmo-champ forums reminds me of vanilla wow. People grinding sub-raiding gear, which may be a stepping stone to raids or a progression in and of itself.

MoP, with it's bloody daily driven focus to get Rep for VP gear... has seriously made me pass the idea of playing me alts... absolutely no interest with Alts AT ALL atm...

As much as I like MoP for it's content, the game's NOT alt-friendly...

They ought to make BoA Tabards that you can purchase off each exalted Faction, and then you can dungeon rep like back in previous expansions...
    Last edited by Daedius; 2012-11-17 at 07:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyaldee View Post
    Dailies are counterproductive and forcing us to do things that aren't fun at all. It should be an option, not a mandatory feature.
    Stop with this bullshit. Dailies are not mandatory for anything. You become honored with pretty much any rep to get JP rewards just through questing. Valor items aren't even needed if you raid each week as the majority of the items that drop in MV are better itemized (depending), and now with HoF and Terrace out you can get better ilvl items anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by TonyIommi View Post
    which 5 dailies take 15 minutes? Especially for a casual player whos gear is probably less than optimal and for mobs that take massive fights to down. No dailies take 15 minutes. Especially alone.
    Tillers, Anglers, Cloud Serpent, August Celestials each take 5-15 minutes to complete.
    Shado-Pan, Klaxxi each take 10-20 minutes.
    Golden Lotus takes about 20-30 minutes to complete, and that is because it is three hubs worth of quests.

Times are reduced if you do quests in a group.

Even if you did every single Pandaria daily, it should not take you over 2 hours.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dilbon View Post
    It's only six weeks to get exalted with all if you do dailies every day. After that you are free. Free!
    "only" really does not fit in that sentence.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm letting my sub run out, not renewing it. This daily nonsense completely ruined the experience for me. Apart from dailies, faceroll dungeons, and boring raid encounters there's nothing to do (lolscenarios, challenge modes). Not to mention pvp is a clusterfuck
    Last edited by Illiterate; 2012-11-17 at 09:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Illiterate View Post
    I'm letting my sub run out, not renewing it. This daily nonsense completely ruined the experience for me. Apart from dailies, faceroll dungeons, and boring raid encounters there's nothing to do (lolscenarios, challenge modes). Not to mention pvp is a clusterfuck
    Complains about having nothing to do in the game

Doesn't PvP, 0 Challenge Modes completed, not a single NORMAL boss defeated

logic is flawless

omg you mean we actually need to do some effort to have some fucking gears ?

Now tell me something, what the fuck did those whinners where doing during Cataclysm ?
    Sitting in org or SW and waiting for Santa Claus ?

Some people just want to go back to being in major cities in a queue. That almost kill this great open world mmo-rpg, we are not going that road again, neaver again.
    "PvE is like playing chess against an opponent that makes the same moves everytime"

"PvP is like playing chess"

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh yeah the old well its better than sitting in SW/Org afking argument. Its the start of the expac even without these dailies I doubt most people will be sat in SW, these kind of daily grinds belong at a later stage in an expansion when people start to get fed up and afking in said cities.

It is a game. Everything is an optional feature. You don't even have to play it. From the moment you decide to do so, you play the way the developers want you to. And you either have fun doing so or you move on to something else.

This being a role-playing game, there are certain ways for it to be played. Running instanced content is one of them. But not the only. On the contrary. In this genre dungeon-running is only a small part of the game. And it is stupid to tie everything or almost everything to dungeon-running. This is not a dungeon-crawler. It's an open-world role-playing game. Whoever mistook this for Diablo and its siblings made a mistake.

And thank goodness they got rid of that awful tabbard system. It was just a lazy feature. An excuse to not create content and just let the players grind dungeons continuously. Exploring, questing, shaping your character. These are some of the primary ways to play such a game. What good is an open world if you don't adventure in it? What good are all the things your character accomplishes if nothing changes. Whoever thought that the way to play this game properly, is to roflstomp through dungeons with intelligence-insulting difficulty?

The game right now is far from perfect. It is actually quite bad at being an open-world role-playing game still. but at least some steps in the right direction are taken. The instanced farm, is a nice step towards player-housing. And player-housing is a step towards character-shaping. For the first time there is some guided exploration content, and not just some as an afterthought. And there are stories to participate in. Lots of stories. From protecting the Vale to managing not to be eaten by the Klaxxi, to training your own serpent and everything else, this game has some interesting things to do once more. Now if someone doesn't care about any of those, then he must be playing the wrong game. This is not Counter Strike or Defense of the Ancients to just jump into the action and play some small matches. This game takes time. Luckily, the player can dedicate their efforts through a long period of time. So, if someone can't handle dailies, he either doesn't have the patience to wait and see things unfold slowly, or he is just to stubborn to change the way he plays, although it is apparent he has to so as to keep enjoying it.

As for the dailies themselves, they can take as long as you want. You don't have to do everything. And you don't have to do everything each day or most days. Learn to pace yourself. Why is it so difficult for you to do that? I started playing in Mists about two weeks after its release. I levelled quite slowly, and got to level 90 about 10 days after I started playing. At which point I haven't done all of the quests, especially the ones that lead you to the Klaxxi. Now I am revered with them without even doing their quests each day. What is so difficult about that? Certainly not time. The only thing I can think of is that you don't like quests. In which case I think that you have to ask yourself "Why do I play a role-playing game then?". If you don't like quests, go play a game that has no quests. Just as someone can't complain that playing Tekken requires you to fight in arenas, one can't complain that a role-playing game has quests. That would be ridiculous. And since the developers can't keep adding new quests continuously they have to create some repeatable ones. This is simple logic, nothing difficult to understand or think in the first place.
    Last edited by Drithien; 2012-11-18 at 08:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Drithiend View Post
    It is a game. Everything is an optional feature. You don't even have to play it. From the moment you decide to do so, you play the way the developers want you to. And you either have fun doing so or you move on to something else.

This being a role-playing game, there are certain ways for it to be played. Running instanced content is one of them. But not the only. On the contrary. In this genre dungeon-running is only a small part of the game. And it is stupid to tie everything or almost everything to dungeon-running. This is not a dungeon-crawler. It's an open-world role-playing game. Whoever mistook this for Diablo and its siblings made a mistake.

And thank goodness they got rid of that awful tabbard system. It was just a lazy feature. An excuse to not create content and just let the players grind dungeons continuously. Exploring, questing, shaping your character. These are some of the primary ways to play such a game. What good is an open world if you don't adventure in it? What good are all the things your character accomplishes if nothing changes. Whoever thought that the way to play this game properly, is to roflstomp through dungeons with intelligence-insulting difficulty?

The game right now is far from perfect. It is actually quite bad at being an open-world role-playing game still. but at least some steps in the right direction are taken. The instanced farm, is a nice step towards player-housing. And player-housing is a step towards character-shaping. For the first time there is some guided exploration content, and not just some as an afterthought. And there are stories to participate in. Lots of stories. From protecting the Vale to managing not to be eaten by the Klaxxi, to training your own serpent and everything else, this game has some interesting things to do once more. Now if someone doesn't care about any of those, then he must be playing the wrong game. This is not Counter Strike or Defense of the Ancients to just jump into the action and play some small matches. This game takes time. Luckily, the player can dedicate their efforts through a long period of time. So, if someone can't handle dailies, he either doesn't have the patience to wait and see things unfold slowly, or he is just to stubborn to change the way he plays, although it is apparent he has to so as to keep enjoying it.

As for the dailies themselves, they can take as long as you want. You don't have to do everything. And you don't have to do everything each day or most days. Learn to pace yourself. Why is it so difficult for you to do that? I started playing in Mists about two weeks after its release. I levelled quite slowly, and got to level 90 about 10 days after I started playing. At which point I haven't done all of the quests, especially the ones that lead you to the Klaxxi. Now I am revered with them without even doing their quests each day. What is so difficult about that? Certainly not time. The only thing I can think of is that you don't like quests. In which case I think that you have to ask yourself "Why do I play a role-playing game then?". If you don't like quests, go play a game that has no quests. Just as someone can't complain that playing Tekken requires you to fight in arenas, one can't complain that a role-playing game has quests. That would be ridiculous. And since the developers can't keep adding new quests continuously they have to create some repeatable ones. This is simple logic, nothing difficult to understand or think in the first place.
    blah blah blah yet another douchebag with an elitist attitude who makes an opinion without reading the whole thread. *sigh*

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Critcross View Post
    blah blah blah yet another douchebag with an elitist attitude who makes an opinion without reading the whole thread. *sigh*
    But he have the truth....

the "get geared or lose your spot" rush is well and truely over.... if you weren't already revered in the second week, you aren't working hard enough. My mage was exalted week two, i spent hours upon hours at mogu, farming keys. Got two alani mounts before getting to exalted. (easy 600k gold for me)

If you feel dailies are mandatory for you to get gear, the real question is WHY, the gear is = to LFR and WORSE then normal mode raid gear. You only need blues to clear that shit too. If you or your group is unable to clear the content without getting your epics, you may need to improve your playing standards.

Also sorry if you feel burnt out because you feel you have to do them, glad bliz made it so the crafted epics are BoP and the enchants can only be used if you're an enchanter with the pattern.... /sarcasm

Quote Originally Posted by alucardtnuoc View Post
    the "get geared or lose your spot" rush is well and truely over....
    Cool. So, the excuse that guilds are still gearing up to hit normal mode raids is now over?
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Quote Originally Posted by Nyaldee View Post
    Dailies are counterproductive and forcing us to do things that aren't fun at all. It should be an option, not a mandatory feature.
    I'm just curious how they force you to do them? Everytime I go to do dailies I have to click the person with the blue exclamation point then I actually have click to accept the quest. Where is the forcing coming into play?

Quote Originally Posted by Raidbozz View Post
    I'm just curious how they force you to do them? Everytime I go to do dailies I have to click the person with the blue exclamation point then I actually have click to accept the quest. Where is the forcing coming into play?
    Most players need the ilvl 489 VP pieces to advance (normal raid participation is still very low).

This is forced in the sense that if they don't do it, they pay a large price in progression, which is a central feature of the game's value proposition. Sure, if you ignore that, everything in the game is optional. That's not a useful position to take, though.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"