Page 28 of 28 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Chry View Post
    The gold is trivial to what I would make from playing the auction house.

Making dailies a massive part of the PvE endgame was a mistake. I'm really interested why they thought shoving dailies down the player's throat was a step up from any philosophies they had with Cataclysm. Perhaps they shouldn't try to fix what wasn't broken (WotLK).
    lol, wrath was a terrible xpac. Easy unbalanced and boring. Only good part about the whole xpac was ulduar/ H LK, everything else was garbage. DK's were wayyy op at the beginning making it not even fun to pvp. Oh and you think dailies are bad? You clearly didnt play back in vanilla when you had to grind for hours on end to get 1 piece of loot, the only reason people enjoyed it was because it was a new game then. Now its just old and dull. Stop complaining.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tapzer View Post
    lol, wrath was a terrible xpac. Easy unbalanced and boring. Only good part about the whole xpac was ulduar/ H LK, everything else was garbage. DK's were wayyy op at the beginning making it not even fun to pvp. Oh and you think dailies are bad? You clearly didnt play back in vanilla when you had to grind for hours on end to get 1 piece of loot, the only reason people enjoyed it was because it was a new game then. Now its just old and dull. Stop complaining.
    Really?

I actually enjoyed WoTLK, especially healing back then. Very active healing model. Still can't forget doing over 400 dispels on the Faction Champ fight in ToC, hand hurt like hell, but the raid was as Cleansed as could be!
    From the #1 Cata review on Amazon.com: "Blizzard's greatest misstep was blaming players instead of admitting their mistakes.
    They've convinced half of the population that the other half are unskilled whiners, causing a permanent rift in the community."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jaakkeli View Post
    Again, I am paying for this shit, or was. I am really not going to pay for the privilege of "working hard" for gear. There are plenty of free to play games that offer mindless grinds, I'd go play one of them if I wanted to grind.
    So you're paying your subscription fee to be handed loot? That's interesting.

Back at the very first weeks of MoP I was talking with a friend about some encounter mechanics and he had mentioned he was already 3/6h (I was still clearing normal MSV). After a few minutes I asked him which valor items he was buying first and he replied: "I haven't touched dailies".

Dailies provide a slow and steady way to nerf encounters by making you stronger.
    Raid drops provide a random way to nerf encounters by making you stronger.

If you/your group is good enough, you shouldn't have issues by skipping Dailies. If you WANT to tho, you may dedicate some time to get yourself some upgrade that will help making up for mistakes in your performance or encounter mechanics. You don't need to do them.

If you invested the amount of time you feel "wasted" on dailies on learning gimmicks for your class in a given encounter and finding all the possible ways to improve your performance you would probably wield more results. But that's too hard. So dailies provide a dumb way for you to just "nerf" the encounter so you don't have to go through this. Be happy.

Quote Originally Posted by Milkwolfgang View Post
    Back at the very first weeks of MoP I was talking with a friend about some encounter mechanics and he had mentioned he was already 3/6h (I was still clearing normal MSV).
    Your friend is in the top 1% (or possibly less) of the player population. I'm not sure why you think his experience has any relevance to the overall game design.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Narshe View Post
    I like that people hate the dailies so much to the point they ignore the fact your getting gold for doing it. Back in TBC when it was new, players were so excited to get that much gold for questing.
    Well gold back then was a lot harder to get than it is now. With all that gold that is flying around nowdays and all the different ways to make it, dailies is kinda last resort when wanting to get gold.
    The man who passes the sentence should swing the sword.

Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Your friend is in the top 1% (or possibly less) of the player population. I'm not sure why you think his experience has any relevance to the overall game design.
    1. I suppose most guilds would be able to clear at least a few bosses in normal MSV with Heroic Dungeon + Justice Gear only.
    2. Use those bosses' loot to improve your raid performance.
    3. Kill more bosses.
    4. Use those bosses' loot to improve your raid performance.
    5. ???
    6. Raid cleared. Farm raid to get more loot, progress into Heroic Raiding, etc.

Sure, I may be wrong on number 1. But well, that would be quite depressive. If that is the reality for most guilds, then it's time people really start learning their class more.

Also, someone may argue that this would take ages. So, let's summarize.

This person/guild:

1. Don't understand his class in-depth.
    2. Don't want to improve his performance.
    3. Don't know encounter mechanics.
    4. Don't know specific encounter gimmicks for his class.
    5. Don't want to do dailies to improve his performance.

Why would such person want or feel like they should clear content fast? Just take your time farming normal bosses that you/your guild can clear and slowly gear yourself up.

1. I suppose most guilds would be able to clear at least a few bosses in normal MSV with Heroic Dungeon + Justice Gear only.
    The vast majority of guilds tracked by guildox (for example) have not downed any boss in normal modes. Whether they would be "able" to is a bit theoretical; they aren't doing it.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

If you don't want to do dailies, don't. I haven't done them a single time and it's not hurting me. If people choose to do every single thing available to them because they have the mentality that they have to to be efficient, that's their curse, not a game flaw.

Deleted
    i dont like doing dailies as well but i did them (Golden Lotus to start with) not because of getting access to gear for VP. I did them cause i want the achievements and i wanted to enjoy the lore which is behind them. Klaxxi have a lot to do with the raid-instance Heart of Fear etc.. Upon hitting revered with Golden Lotus you can easily decide if you wanna continue with Shado Pan or swap to August Celestials or both or not. You're free, if you want the mount for Pandaran Ambassador you will have to do all of them. If not, just dont do them. However, i know a lot of ppl and they do like dailies, they had all of them to exalted within weeks...
    Last edited by mmoca5ba36b6e2; 2012-11-30 at 02:20 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sure, I may be wrong on number 1. But well, that would be quite depressive. If that is the reality for most guilds, then it's time people really start learning their class more.
    Proof is in the pudding...

http://s970.photobucket.com/albums/a...110_204234.jpg
    http://s970.photobucket.com/albums/a...010_141108.png

There was a loudmouthed priest on the WoW forums who got on my case about Shandris raiding (e.g., "ur bad" and the typical trash talk). I challenged s/he/it to come over to see it in person. S/he/it transferred over. Let's just say s/he/it didn't stay for long and got a first hand experience, where s/he/it was badmouthing Shandris in the end (not good for a non-local to do!). I told them the truth, and Wowprogress shows it in spades. Shandris is fine if you socialize, it's a quiet server for the most part -- it is NOT the realm for raiding or even PvP, though. Only few guilds can even even reach heroic raids usually first 2 to 4, and always after the nerfs and with buffs (ICC 25 *normal* LK was down on the last day of July, 2010 on Ally. Epitome got it down sooner, but they also recruited off-server for help).

So, yes, guilds on more than Shandris have a hard time unless they overgear (sadly Shandris isn't the worst in progression, usually 50 or so are even lower).
    From the #1 Cata review on Amazon.com: "Blizzard's greatest misstep was blaming players instead of admitting their mistakes.
    They've convinced half of the population that the other half are unskilled whiners, causing a permanent rift in the community."