Page 1 of 8
... LastLast
    Bloodsail Admiral Killmaim Deathbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

Exclamation Origin Hacked - Change your passwords.

Dunno if people actually use EA's Origin service, I personally don't. But for those that do.

Origin has been compromised and accounts login information being changed and possible that they have obtained billing information.

Suggested Actions: Change your passwords and recovery questions, Delete billing information from the site and keep an eye out for any odd transactions leaving your bank account. Obviously if anything does come out of your bank account that is unauthorized you should immediately make you bank aware and have the appropriate actions taken.

Source:
    http://www.geek.com/articles/news/or...nged-20121114/
    Last edited by Killmaim Deathbringer; 2012-11-15 at 06:09 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thats a good news in some kind a way. Less ppl will use this ***** of *** . Geting hacked = automatic 50% loss in profit.
    Don't sweat the details!!!

Bloodsail Admiral Killmaim Deathbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Descense View Post
    Thats a good news in some kind a way. Less ppl will use this ***** of *** . Geting hacked = automatic 50% loss in profit.
    I honestly don't see why people use Origin when Steam has a massive catalogue of games, but It's better to warn those who aren't aware and do use origin.

And in all honesty, anything that makes EA lose money is good thing.

15+ Year Old Account
    People use Origin because they have to for certain games (BF3 for me)
    "I'm glad you play better than you read/post on forums." -Ninety
    BF3 Profile | Steam Profile | Assemble a Computer in 9.75 Steps! | Video Rendering Done Right

10+ Year Old Account
    Should note that it is what a lot of people call 'hack' however it is not a data breach when people think of something being hacked.

It is a security fail in the most simple sense, similar to that of GW2 and Sony once they relaunched PSN.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Killmaim Deathbringer View Post
    I honestly don't see why people use Origin when Steam has a massive catalogue of games, but It's better to warn those who aren't aware and do use origin.

I've purchased 4 games from Steam that didn't work at all. This has never happened on Origin. Origin actually has customer service where you don't get an awful generated response and you can actually TALK to someone. Steam is the walmart of video games. It has everything, even sales, but I'd rather go to Target.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Varyk View Post
    I've purchased 4 games from Steam that didn't work at all. This has never happened on Origin. Origin actually has customer service where you don't get an awful generated response and you can actually TALK to someone. Steam is the walmart of video games. It has everything, even sales, but I'd rather go to Target.
    Then you got lucky, buddy of mine had to spend 1 month to get his bf3 working again from the bad customer support of EA/origins. They finally gave him the game for free and fixed the issue

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alihu View Post
    Then you got lucky, buddy of mine had to spend 1 month to get his bf3 working again from the bad customer support of EA/origins. They finally gave him the game for free and fixed the issue
    That further describes the competent customer service. Every time (literally every time) I have an issue, I get some copy/pasted response (that's already on the forums) even when I include in my "issue/complaint" that I've tried them and they don't work. I had one issue with installing a game in a different path on Origin, it was fixed immediately, and I was given a 25% coupon for my troubles.

Just changed it, hopefully I get to use my old password as soon as possible, like when WoW got hacked.

I guess I should apologize for using Origin instead of Steam... but how else can I kick ass in BF3, or replay my favorite C&C classics ?

10+ Year Old Account
    [/QUOTE]
    Quote Originally Posted by -Dalliah- View Post
    I don't see anything that highlights the opposite of what I described. Disconnects happen, it could be from either side. There are always going to be problems. I have 10+ emails from myself from steam getting the EXACT same response 3 times in a row. Me giving my personal positive experience isn't invalidated by your links. I use both, Steam has been significantly worse.
    Last edited by Varyk; 2012-11-15 at 09:25 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    That further describes the competent customer service. Every time (literally every time) I have an issue, I get some copy/pasted response (that's already on the forums) even when I include in my "issue/complaint" that I've tried them and they don't work. I had one issue with installing a game in a different path on Origin, it was fixed immediately, and I was given a 25% coupon for my troubles.
    Then consider yourself lucky.

Their customer support from what I've experienced is terrible. Hell, BF3 didn't work and no solution was ever made, no response by DICE or EA, just people running around in circles trying to find out in the support forum.

"I can't install BF3 because DXSETUP hangs during installation"
    "Okay"

LOL

think i had to make an account when i bought swtor - havent used it since though so i should be ok(shouldnt i)

Deleted
    I don't see anything that highlights the opposite of what I described. Disconnects happen, it could be from either side.

Huh?

10+ Year Old Account
    Like I said you got lucky, one month for a issue to just connect is insane, especially when it was reported countless times. All my expericenes with steam were amazing, and to this day I still think steam has great customer support + a great client. When bf3 was in beta and required origins as well, I had to deal with 2-3 different people just to get the game going.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Killmaim Deathbringer View Post

BF3. I would never, in a million years, download Origin if steam had BF3.
    These aren't the spoilers you're looking for.

Move along.

Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    Now, Waaldo is prepared to look for this person like Prince Charming testing everyone to see just how bad their psychological disorder is if their foot fits in the glass slipper.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yakobo15 View Post

Huh?
    So they disconnected?

Deleted
    I don't see anything that highlights the opposite of what I described. Disconnects happen, it could be from either side.
    Check the last one.
    Origin doesn't give me too much trouble anymore but when BF3 was released it was fuck annoying. Origin always said "launching battlefield 3" but nothing happened. Not sure if it was really Origin or Battlelog or something but at least it now works 90% of the time. Still, I prefer Steam.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alihu View Post
    Like I said you got lucky, one month for a issue to just connect is insane, especially when it was reported countless times. All my expericenes with steam were amazing, and to this day I still think steam has great customer support + a great client. When bf3 was in beta and required origins as well, I had to deal with 2-3 different people just to get the game going.
    So it was resolved. How about getting the same canned response for 3+ emails in a row. Everytime I highlight the fact they sent me the same thing and didn't even acknowledge my issue.

---------- Post added 2012-11-15 at 09:28 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Peeb View Post
    Check the last one.
    Origin doesn't give me too much trouble anymore but when BF3 was released it was fuck annoying. Origin always said "launching battlefield 3" but nothing happened. Not sure if it was really Origin or Battlelog or something but at least it now works 90% of the time. Still, I prefer Steam.
    I read through all of them, most were technical difficulties.

The long one he was at least being responded to, which was really my point. You know you're actually talking to someone. Getting a canned response with the same result is okay to people since it's Steam, but EA is the devil.

Deleted
    So they disconnected?
    Since when was "adasdasd" a response to a customers question?