Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

So...WoW subscription

SO i'm soon gonna start playing wow again,and didn't really see what's the subs number since MoP went out...so anyone knows what are the numbers now?

Wrong forum.

As to the question, they climbed a bit. But it will have almost no effect on you, so it really shouldn't be a factor in deciding.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Liara View Post
    Wrong forum.

As to the question, they climbed a bit. But it will have almost no effect on you, so it really shouldn't be a factor in deciding.
    It's not a factor,i said i'm gonna start playing again.Just wondering

10+ Year Old Account
    Most recent numbers released say 10.3 million.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/...osts-SWTOR-F2P

10+ Year Old Account
    11+mil I think?

Cata was 9 mil so they went up a bit.

Officially, it's "over 10 million". Also, "Blizzard is keeping engagement up with WoW by providing more frequent updates."

And for the life of me I can't remember where I saw it but from what I've read they expect subs to go down next year.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by yoitsme View Post
    SO i'm soon gonna start playing wow again,and didn't really see what's the subs number since MoP went out...so anyone knows what are the numbers now?

Why does it matter how many subs they have?

What does that have to do with you wanting to play the game?

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Officially they decided not to release the number of subs in their quarterly statement this time around. That should point you to the factual state of the game

Quote Originally Posted by Masark View Post
    Most recent numbers released say 10.3 million.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/...osts-SWTOR-F2P
    Apparently 10.3M

Wow numbers are misleading til the Diablo 3 agreements finish out around January.

Most I know don't log much anymore. The game is forever locked in "working on it." So much broke or unbalanced code and only answer they ever have is "working on it" or "next expan will fix it." Which it don't and they revert back to "working on it." Lots of people catching on these days. Game never seems to be good to go. Just lots of "We know its an issue, we talk about it. Post more suggestions for us to ignore."

Quote Originally Posted by God8010 View Post
    Wow numbers are misleading til the Diablo 3 agreements finish out around January.
    They're not misleading. If 10 million people are paying a subscription now, then yes they have 10 million subscribers.

Most I know don't log much anymore. The game is forever locked in "working on it." So much broke or unbalanced code and only answer they ever have is "working on it" or "next expan will fix it." Which it don't and they revert back to "working on it." Lots of people catching on these days. Game never seems to be good to go. Just lots of "We know its an issue, we talk about it. Post more suggestions for us to ignore."
    And yet you hang on, clinging on to WoW news, WoW forums and all things WoW. Clearly you're over it.

15+ Year Old Account
    Expect the numbers to plummet soon. Annual Passes will start to wear off, the newness of MoP is wearing off and a lot of people do not like many things about the expansion. I say by January you will see numbers much lower than at the moment.
    "If I recall correctly I just posted that this topic is not to be discussed any further." -Ensidia Fanclub Founder

Epic!
    15+ Year Old Account
    This is also based around the assumption that everyone who got the annual pass did so to get free diablo. Of the 10 or so people I know that got the AP, only two actually played D3 (myself included). My AP finished in October and I still play wow/sub. Dont expect a million AP users to suddenly stop playing in the next couple of months.

@OP This quarter they announced that they had just over 10 million in current subs, 10.3 mil the previous quarter. The game is full of players and quite busy right now, at least for my server. Lots of guildies have returned after taking a break during Cata.

10.3 million is 9/31/2011 guys, so there is still no number.

Quote Originally Posted by Ausr View Post
    And yet you hang on, clinging on to WoW news, WoW forums and all things WoW. Clearly you're over it.
    I read news about the Olympus too, what's your point? It's what, 1990-something game mechanics? It's a fact wow numbers are bloated by Diablo agreements and people who just forgot they still pay. It's not like this old game costs much.

If I see my friend playing and check out a major city while he's running around, I remember what it was and i see what it is now. WOW didn't release its numbers last quarter and gave a misleading blurb for a reason. Don't get mad, it's going to get worse. It's just an old game. It's heart works for Disney now. It's done what it can. Congratulations.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Layuth View Post
    Expect the numbers to plummet soon. Annual Passes will start to wear off, the newness of MoP is wearing off and a lot of people do not like many things about the expansion. I say by January you will see numbers much lower than at the moment.
    The numbers are very misleading anyway. EU+US has probably around 4 million subs judging from MoP sales. Rest comes from Asia with completely different payment.

Deleted
    So many doomsayers call WoW dead, yet I can't EVER catch a group of freakkin' Mountain Goats in Valley of Four Winds for the Fatty Goatsteak Daily.

Someone PLEASE log into Argent Dawn: EU and Explain the crowded ass Daily Hubs that those people are'nt s'pposed to be there! PLEASE!

10+ Year Old Account
    WoW is dying a slow death

Don't start
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2012-11-16 at 02:36 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kasperio View Post
    So many doomsayers call WoW dead, yet I can't EVER catch a group of freakkin' Mountain Goats in Valley of Four Winds for the Fatty Goatsteak Daily.

Someone PLEASE log into Argent Dawn: EU and Explain the crowded ass Daily Hubs that those people are'nt s'pposed to be there! PLEASE!
    That's because its the same ole dailies, and CRZ is a huge part of it. so if only 10 people from 10 realms are in the same zone as you, that would equal no goats!